Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jungle Gin : New Game of The Month for April

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 27, 2017, 09:13:23 AM
I went in this morning, played the bot, won the first hand and it froze.  crying10.gif
UGH!  It's going to be an unpredictable month, I think.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 27, 2017, 09:13:23 AM
I went in this morning, played the bot, won the first hand and it froze.  crying10.gif

ETA - I loaded the game and played again, won the hand and froze again.

I had activated badges before trying this. Those who played and had no problems, did you have badges activated? If not would you be willing to try again after activating?

I did not have any badges activated. I'll try again later tonight and report back.

Would you like me to test this in any particular web browser?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

I just logged in with my dad's account, played a game with no challenge activated and it did NOT freeze.

I'd still appreciate it if you'd (or others) would verify if they have the same problem?

Squid

When I played the 500 pt. match a day or so ago, I did have a challenge activated.  I got credit for winning the match.  The badge is still in progress.  No freezing occurred.   Chrome in use.   xoxoxox

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Squid~ on March 27, 2017, 09:52:54 AM
When I played the 500 pt. match a day or so ago, I did have a challenge activated.  I got credit for winning the match.  The badge is still in progress.  No freezing occurred.   Chrome in use.   xoxoxox

That sucks.  Well, not for you.

Stinkerbell

Don't bother checking, this is account specific. I found this on the Pogo Forum:

Hi all you Jungle Gin players!

We are aware of an issue being reported in Jungle Gin in which players state that if they win a hand, the game will then freeze and the next hand will not deal. This appears to be account specific and not happening to everyone.

If this is happening to your account, please report it in this thread along with what operating system and browser you use.

Again, we are aware of this Jungle Gin issue being reported and the Pogo Team is looking into it.

Thank you for your patience and for playing Pogo.

Pogo_Llama

Squid

Dear Pogo_Llama,

I'd like to thank you for making J.G. the GotM considering people are having such a profound problem with the game.

SarcasmRUs

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 27, 2017, 09:53:27 AM
That sucks.  Well, not for you.

Two weeks ago, I was in your shoes.  Not fun.  I'm sorry and am available to help if you're interested. xox

Mayhem

Maybe they will change the GOTM if they can't fix this issue ... in the next 5 days?

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on March 27, 2017, 12:59:03 PM
Maybe they will change the GOTM if they can't fix this issue ... in the next 5 days?
I think choosing another game would be reasonable.  They have future GotMs lined up and ready; just pick the next in line and keep doing that until JG is fixed.  The Pogo Forum mentions it might be a glitch in the programming, which makes it almost impossible to find.  True?  Dunno.

snowflower

Haven't had any problems with it ... that being said, maybe next game'll make a liar outta me, lol.  giggle2.gif

Mayhem

I've been told you can start earning the new ranks today. However, I'm not max rank - so can anyone confirm this?

Squid

I believe you can start earning new ranks now.  I can't be 100% sure because now I am freezing again after winning a hand and I gave up.

catfancie

TheLastDodo

This months game is suckish for me because I've never really understood how to play even with the explanations given.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Squid~ on March 28, 2017, 09:44:34 AM
I believe you can start earning new ranks now.  I can't be 100% sure because now I am freezing again after winning a hand and I gave up.

And now I am NOT freezing.

raine56

I am freezing constantly.  If comp wins all is fine, if I win game freezes.  I have been trying to win 4o games of Oklahoma gin but it drives me nuts. Grr!!  So annoyed that they know there is a problem with this game but they make it GOM.

S1lent

Greetings,
Was able to rank out on my two main accounts.  Each were playing different "dummies"...yes 4 computers.  The setup can really help your progress.   This is what worked for me.  Pick "Don't allow knocking", "pick multi-game match", pick "700" Score that ends the match...and most importantly pick NULL "Low or High (Deadwood aces=15).  Now with two autos just make one of them Dummy.

BTW mine ran for over 5 hours straight...using Chrome.

Good luck all
S1lent

Squid

Quote from: s1lentscream on March 29, 2017, 02:47:47 PM
Greetings,
Was able to rank out on my two main accounts.  Each were playing different "dummies"...yes 4 computers.  The setup can really help your progress.   This is what worked for me.  Pick "Don't allow knocking", "pick multi-game match", pick "700" Score that ends the match...and most importantly pick NULL "Low or High (Deadwood aces=15).  Now with two autos just make one of them Dummy.

BTW mine ran for over 5 hours straight...using Chrome.

Good luck all
S1lent

Fellow Freezers:

Should we take a hit out on him or shall we just tickle him to death after forcing him to watch us drink his boxed wine?

I'm easy either way.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview