This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Message from EA when contacted about Pogo problems

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

This entirely one-sided and skewed message is received now from EA when contacted about problems.  If you're wrong in your complaint with Pogo, knowingly or unknowingly, your account can get slammed.  You've got to love customer service who threatens you if you happen to have made a mistake.  I happen to be missing a badge and asking them to provide the earned badge might get my account closed.  Thanks, Pogo.

"Due to the complexity and resources required for these investigations, any compromised or missing content claims that are found to be false or fraudulent in nature following the investigation may result in actions being taken on the account, up to and including account closure. Bearing this in mind, would you like for us to proceed with your investigation today?"

S1lent

Greetings,
If POGO deactivates our accounts...who will they sell their GEM to?  It will save me lots of time and money.

S1lent

Mayhem

I'm not defending Pogo by any means - but for them to post that kind of a message, they must be dealing with a lot of false claims.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I would imagine so but it just seems a bit over the top.  They don't say "intentionally false", they just say "false".  If someone makes a mistake, they have falsely ellicited help from Pogo and may suffer bad consequences.  I know someone who claimed to be missing a SOL GAR badge that is listed early in the list.  She got the badges after the one in question.  She contacted Pogo and didn't get much satisfaction.  When she reached the end of the garden, the badge was there.  Maybe Pogo listed the badges out of order, I don't know.  That would have been a false claim but an innocent one.  Threatening her with possible banning seems harsh and out of proportion. 

Having said all this, I wouldn't want to be a customer service rep for all the tea in China.  We, the public, are a rough crowd.

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on April 20, 2017, 07:29:23 PM
I would imagine so but it just seems a bit over the top.

I couldn't agree more. They really need to rephrase that message.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

AustinBennett

Believe this was likely aimed at people sending multiple reports of chat abuse. Some of those uncensored rooms are like an insane asylum.  Often the reports are from the very people that are the problem. I agree though that the wording in the memo should have been better constructed.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview