PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 11:03:42 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Badge Magic is Now Live

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

New Badge Magic is Now Live!

Each turn costs 14 gems and you can play a maximum of 21 times every month and each one guarantees you a new challenge. After the 21 days are up, those challenges will not be available again.

QuoteBadge Magic Brings Exclusive Badges Every Month

Due to popular demand, we've made some big improvements to Mix-n-Magic. Presto chango! Say hello to all-new Badge Magic, your source for exclusive Mix-n-Match Challenges not available anywhere else.

Here's how it works: Starting the first Thursday of every month, you'll have 21 days to unlock 21 exclusive Challenges, including new Skill Badges. With Badge Magic, each turn guarantees you a new Challenge. You can unlock one or two Challenges, or go all out and unlock all 21.

Each turn costs 14 Pogo Gems, and you can play a maximum of 21 times every month.

Flip the Cards, Unlock New Challenges

After the 21 days are up, those Challenges won't be available again, so you have one chance to get them. But, you can wait for a whole new batch to arrive the next month.

Once you unlock a Mix-n-Match Challenge, don't forget to activate it and win the Badge!

https://www.pogo.com/challenge/badge-magic.do
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

C~M

Got 'em all, they should just get rid of the stupid game and go back to M&M's the way it used to be.

It may take awhile for me to win them all as a few hours ago the kitchen ceiling fell in from all of the rain.

Squid

"Due to popular demand, we've made some big improvements to Mix-n-Magic."

I know I can be cynical but I'm not buying this for one second.  I think that NO ONE was demanding anything.  I think everyone was very happy to get that first round of play for 8 gems.  People quickly caught on that there was no advantage in continuing to play after that first round and POGO needed to come up with another method for disengaging us from our gems.  This way, POGO gets 294 of our gems monthly.  They wrangle us into doing this by never making those monthly badges/challenges available ever again.

I'm not biting, Pogo.   girls21.gif

Mayhem

Yeah, that first round for 8 gems was nice. It's going to cost around $25/month to get all the badges now.

Squid

I played one round for 6 gems.  If they do this monthly, at least one round will be worth it.  6 gems ain't bad, the second round was 14 gems.  I passed.

Mayhem

My mistake, I never looked at the new badge magic page close enough this morning. I didn't realize the first turn was 6 gems.

I assumed every turn was 14 gems.

Squid

I hope they do that monthly - give the first round for 6 gems, that is.   We'll see.  I did some reading about it and I did not see a mention as to whether or not this would happen monthly.  *cross your fingers!*

Mayhem

I've check the previous articles and see no mention what the "first turn" cost will be each month. Pogo does make it sound like it's going to be 14 gems.

mycatownsme

Today I did the first turn only and the cost was 6 gems. I did not do any more then that one.
I was asked after I did click on that first time if I wanted to confirm this selection and said  yes but I got the impression that I could say no and not be obligated to do the first one at all. Hope this helps.

Mayhem

Here is some more information that was released ... still doesn't explain if the first turn will be 6 gems each month or not.

QuoteGet to Know Badge Magic

This week Club Pogo premiered its newest feature — Badge Magic. Badge Magic is the new and improved version of Mix-n-Magic. There have been a lot of questions popping up about how it works, so we wanted to cover a few of them right here.

With Mix-n-Magic, Club Pogo would release three new Mix-n-Match Badges every week. After three months, those same Badges would make it to Badge Central. This will continue for a while, until all the Badges from Mix-n-Magic are released. After that, we'll continue to release brand-new Mix-n-Match Badges in Badge Central every week, each available for a full year.

Badge Magic introduces some big changes. For starters, Badge Magic brings 21 new Badges every month. New collections debut on the first Thursday of the Month, and are available for 21 days. All 21 Badges are exclusive to Badge Magic, and won't be available anywhere else. There will be no way to get those Badges again once the 21 days are up.

One other important thing to note about Badge Magic is that every single turn gets you a Badge. So, each month, you can play a maximum of 21 turns. There are no tokens, Gems or free turns to win, just great new Badges!

https://www.pogo.com/help/badge-magic/about.jsp

Squid

We'll find out in a month, I suppose.

gogs2

Quote from: Crazy~Man on June 01, 2017, 01:38:32 AM
Got 'em all, they should just get rid of the stupid game and go back to M&M's the way it used to be.

It may take awhile for me to win them all as a few hours ago the kitchen ceiling fell in from all of the rain.

agree...

Squid

Just in case you haven't checked, the July Badge Magic offering is still only charging 6 gems for the first pick.  14 gems after that.  I only go for the first one but that's me...

Mayhem

Do you think Pogo is planning to change that sometime in the future?

Squid

I really don't know.  I've read what Pogo wrote up about Badge Magic but it doesn't mention anything about the 6 gems.  I hope it's permanent but it could disappear at any time, I'm sure.  I just wanted folks to know it's still good for this month.  I'll look every month and post in this thread, if you like.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on July 07, 2017, 09:09:52 AM
Do you think Pogo is planning to change that sometime in the future?

I'm with Inky. Obviously Pogo wasn't making enough $ off us with the Mix N Magic, so now they've lost their collective minds coming out with this new game and once they see that we - or most of we - still only buy the first one, they'll find a way to make the new one "better" and raise the prices. THOUGH, that said... 14 gems is cheaper than the 16 we usually pay... but I can't afford 21 per month.

Squid

The difference is that with Mix n' Magic we got a badge weekly for 8 gems (still a good price).  Now we only get one a month for 6 gems.  I'd rather have 4 a month vs. 1. 

Cie la vie

Stinkerbell

You could purchase 64 gems worth of badges, and be spending the same as you did per month with the MnM. At 14 gems each, including the 6 gem item, you'd be getting 5 badges for less than we did before. 62 gems rather than 64.

I think I'll do that!

ETA -  never mind, clearly my math skills are no better than a gnats.

Carry on, Inky.

Squid

Oh, I see... you are talking about buying badges beyond the first bargain offer.  I'm only talking about the bargain offer because I've decided not to buy beyond that even though I know the badges will be disappearing at the end of the month. 

BTW, just as a reminder, you have to play and win the Badge Magics you buy during this month of July to get the badges.

Stinky...  embrace.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on July 07, 2017, 09:34:15 AMI just wanted folks to know it's still good for this month.  I'll look every month and post in this thread, if you like.

Yes, please do!