This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Big Brother 19 - Summer, 2017

Started by mycatownsme,

Previous topic - Next topic

mycatownsme

I called my internet provider and was told that I would have an increase in charge if I got the live feeds. I was told ....yes it would cost more and I would be upgraded to a different package that I had to stay in for a year! I asked if they had one where I could have it for 3 months and then go back to what I have now and was told no.
So, I won't be getting the live feed. And I thought this was a dumb idea on their part. Too greedy. And they could have gotten more money from me for those 3 months but now they get nothing more then what they get now.
Oh well, I'm happy you mentioned something about this and to check. Thank you.  embrace.gif
I can continue doing what I have done in the past and go the the places that post the live feeds and just read the stuff there if needed. And have here also to talk about it too.
I can hardly wait to hear who will be on the show and read their profiles at CBS when available.

Squid

gran2x2

mycatownsme

Did you see the new Big Brother players for this year yet?
I did find a release and pictures of them.
I am very happy that they are all newbie players.
And seem the ages are a little older and hope that makes for a good season.
I will not give anything else away in case some want to wait.
Oh, can't resist one more hint.....Happy  CHRISTMAS!  giggle2.gif

Squid

LOL, I haven't seen anything yet.  I might look up the players but, otherwise, I will wait for the 28th of the month.   I always have trouble with all the names at the onset of a new season.

Squid

Found this today:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1007606/meet-the-cast-of-big-brother-season-19/?ftag=ACQ7d0a4ea&vndid=1860985478&nan_pid=1860985478&ad_id=6470637

Do you notice how when they are asked to describe themselves, they are all such wonderful people with wonderful characteristics?  Just once I'd like to see someone list:  Rude, Neandertal-like, dishonest.  LOL

mycatownsme

Evil Dick was so evil on the show. I wonder what he said about himself back then.
He was one of a kind. His daughter was on with him and I think he drove her crazy at times too.
But I do not think any of the house guests would be that honest to state their flaws.
They seem to be real understanding that an audience is watching and have some sense of wanting to be liked when the season is over. At least in the beginning.
Now....after being there for a while that could change as does a lot of the personalities as the game starts to get to them.

I did see pictures of the new house and they really went all out on the decorations of every room.
And more twists that could change the way the game is going to make it harder. I also think they may involve the audience in some way.

Only a few more days to go.

Squid

gran2x2

What i really enjoyed were the guys who got up early and talked to us about every thing...I hope they keep the no daytime napping..it sucks to buy feeds and watch people sleep all day...andddddddddd I want food and have not comps to come back...there is to much boring down time the last couple years...

mycatownsme

I would not like that sleeping if I paid for the live feed either.
Or anytime really. I always thought if you snooze you loose.
I hope production keeps them a lot more busy also.
From what I have been reading, this season looks like they are going to be doing much different stuff then the past. I hope this helps too.
It looks like there will be many changes so hopefully time will tell.

Squid

I'm going to be away Weds.  I have to wait to see the first episode!  Wahhhhhh

mycatownsme

Good you have the DVR set so you can watch when you get back.

mycatownsme

One more day. Gran, are you all set up to watch those live feeds?
Squid, I hope you get back fast so you are able to watch your DVR and see the first show soon.
I am excited to see what everyone is like. It is sometimes hard in the beginning because there are so many people but it is still fun to see all the new.

Looking forward to seeing if we get more posts from others who may want to tune in and add to the the conversation.
All are most welcome to join in.  popcorn2.gif

Ethan

Big Brother ... I haven't watch that since Season 1 (?)  It was the one where the chicken man was in, and that guy with one leg jumped into the pool outside to save the little dog who was over curious.  It was so many years ago I'll give mad props for anyone who remembers that heh.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

mycatownsme

Hi Ethan, I really liked Chicken George. He was a hoot.  giggle2.gif
But can't remember the dog. And I have been watching since them also.
But I can't remember lots of past players because of so many, including the dog.  giggle2.gif
Where did the dog come in? I have to know.
Do you remember Nakomis, her brother was the jerk Cowboy and with her help he won the game and has yet to talk to her. Well, we went to Texas about 5 or more years ago when my son lived there and decided to go to the Hard Rock Cafe in San Antonio and Nakomis was working there.
She was so darn nice and took her break so she could sit with the family and it was great. She was like a long lost friend and would have stayed longer but she had to go back to work. That is the only one I have met in person.
The winner from last year is from my state and we will see her shopping once in a while but have never walked up to her to chit chat.

Did you see the show tonight? What did you think of it if you did?
We lost our reception about 10 minutes before the show ended. swear2.gif impatience.gif
Recorded the darn show so we wouldn't miss anything and it went gone.Just colored lines and no picture or sound. Now I will have to wait to see if they repeat anything tomorrow from tonight.

Welcome to our chat on BB. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it all especially from a veteran BB fan.  popcorn2.gif

Ethan

All I can remember is the door opening and the dog came walking into the house.  I think it was just after someone was evicted and the house guests were a bit down about it.  They just made a big deal about it cause he was fully clothed and didn't hesitate for a second jumping in while a few others that were nearby kind of just stood and watched.  No idea why this one thing (of everything) stuck out in my head.

I don't remember Nakomis, maybe that was a later BB season?

I have only seen spots of BB since then when something big happened.  Just have fond memories of watching the first one fully through.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Squid

I saw last night's episode.  I know everyone is excited to be in the BB house but some people are overly dramatic for my taste.  If you want me to fill you in on the last ten minutes, Cat, let me know.  I guess you missed the eviction...

mycatownsme

Ethan..... Yes, Nakomis was on a later season.
As I read about the dog I am slightly able to remember something about that. I think this was the only time an animal was ever in BB, right? I'm not sure but I think there is a site where we can go and watch past episodes. I wonder if that would be at CBS web site? It would be fun to see the very first show and refresh my memory. I want to see the dog.  dog87.gif
Also later on in the BB series, I remember a woman who got angry with another player and used his electric tooth brush to clean the toilet. BB saw her do it and did tell the other player about it.
And to this day there have been only the regular tooth brushes used on BB and I think this action was the cause. Plus, how could they have enough plugs for them all to keep charged?  giggle2.gif
And what would stop someone from using the regular toothbrush in the future? But there is a camera in the restroom and they know they got to keep watch on them all.

Did you get to see the one with Dr Will and Janelle? Or Jeff and Jordan? Those 2 stand out in my mind but they were later too.
But I do not remember all the players unless I see their picture and name. Unless they are a big stand out from their show. There are too many.

Did you watch the show last night?

Squid.....I went to one of my BB sites and read updates and found out what happened and who got voted out.
But I really appreciate your offer. Good to know there is info available for when this happens.

I have such mixed feelings on the show.
As much as I like Paul, I did not think past players were going to be on this year. He has a huge target on him with the way BB had him start out with picking the friendship bands people.
And with so many, it is always hard in the beginning to pick favorites that I like because no time to stay on that one or two who stand out.

And I need to get used to all the new twists. And I do agree about the dramatics. Wow, are they aware of the audience or what? Not a fan of that at all.

But I hope that with time and as some leave, it may get better and I will get used to these changes. I did not agree with the way the one that got voted out happened at all. All that you go through to get on BB and not get one night to be there? Sad to see. Especially when this one got voted to go. I liked this one and he seemed like he could make the game interesting and not just another pretty face. Oh well, gotta wait and see.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview