This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Big Brother 19 - Summer, 2017

Started by mycatownsme,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

It's on again tonight and then on Sunday!  I love that schedule... hate waiting for a week when I like a show.   

Yes, there are attractive people in the house but when they start talking to the camera about how attractive they are, they really lose me.  Everyone wants to look their best but I really don't like superficiality on such a scale.   You're right, Cat, time will tell and weed out some of the chaff.

mycatownsme

I'm glad it is on again tonight. I'm thinking there will be a re-cap of the end of last nights show.
The nights they are on work well with my schedule also. And it fills in my summer for something new and different to watch.
Gran must be watching her live feeds. I thought she would drop by and give us some info on what we don't see on the show.
Will need to keep watch for her.  watching you.gif  giggle2.gif

Squid

mycatownsme

Grannnn, where are you? I know you're watching those BB live feeds. It must be good.

I got news, but it is Pogo news.  My mini was picked for the Hall of Fame today.

All of the times I have done this and today is the first time since I joined to win.

How many gems do I get?  hysterical.gif  Do I get the Nestor with the sparkler? That's it?  shocked.gif

Just joking. It is fun to be in with the others who got picked.

Grann, See what you are missing?  bbq30.gif  i will try making you something on the grill.
You just need to stop by and give us some BB live feed news.  blowkisses.gif

Squid

Mayhem

I think i've found the video of what Ethan was talking about.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Josh is a complete whacko!  I am really sure that the moment he is not safe, he will be one of the biggest targets in the house.  What a terrible player!

mycatownsme

Mayhem. you are the best! But I don't remember this at all.  hysterical.gif
When I heard the splash I knew that puppy was in the pool.
I wonder if the guy who jumped in after the puppy still had his mic on?
Thank you for finding this and posting. I see such big changes from BB1 to now.
Wow! See what Ethan started.  giggle2.gif  I had to laugh but then feel a bit sorry for that dog.
I wonder why in the world was that dog on set in the first place? I wonder if Gran will remember this? Great job Mayhem. tumbsup.gif

BB tonight is a mess. I'm waiting for Josh to have his walk out the door. So far he has made it easy to make him one of my top 4 people to leave.  girls21.gif
And what about the guy who broke or dislocated his finger on the challenge for the rotten apples? Now he I can understand and kind of like.  blink.gif
I've got to get these names remembered. But the big guy that was crying and yelling at the gal who did nothing but breath and then apologize alone after! What kind of game play is that? I think he needs to go home soon too.  I hope BB has a lot of meds this season for this group. Hope the crazies are gone soon so we can see some good game play. Some of these players are seeing $$$$$ only and do not appear to be thinking of the long haul they still have to go. Too hard, too fast. Too scary.  wow.gif
Maybe BB should bring a couple of puppies on the set this year to calm some of them down.
On second thought, maybe not. That would be too mean to do to the dog.  popcorn2.gif

Just found this info....POPTV Big Brother After Dark starts at 1 AM EST. I have Directv and get this on my channel 273. In case anyone else has this, I wanted to let you know. It is on until 3 tonight and no additional cost to have it. Last year it ran from midnight to 3am. On Friday midnight it will go from 12am to 3am and repeat Saturday, Sunday, Monday etc for those same times.
This is nothing new because I have had this in the past few years but did not see anything about it until tonight. I usually record it and then watch later. Nice to be able to skip over the commercials too. It is live but we have no control what is shown. The Live Feed is better but this works too.

Ethan

Hahaha you found the video!  I thought it was the guy with one leg who jumped in to get the dog - it's been a few years heh.

Nice find though!  tumbsup.gif
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Mayhem

Ok good, so that was the right video then!

I also found the video where the dog got evicted from the house. It appears there were only 4 contestants remaining at the time.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Ethan

There was a lot of weird things that happened that season.  Didn't they try and have some kind of an uprising about something?  I'm trying to remember ... something like they were going to refuse to vote or something along those lines.  Their thinking of it was "they can't evict us all" if we don't so this.  I know that super vague, it was a pretty big deal when it happened.  I'd be curious if anyone remembers that and what it was about - lemme know!
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Squid

I'm a late bloomer, Ethan, I've only begun watching in the last... 3 years?  The first year I watched was the year of the all-male alliance and I think they called themselves the "Brigade" or some other military term.

mycatownsme

I don't remember much either on that first show. I'm happy if I remember last night.  giggle2.gif
But it was a blast from the past to see the way the patio furniture was back then.
And how they had a big room inside the house for the gym. Production costs have increased a lot since that time. I wonder if they will still have an ant problem this year? Seems those ants always end up being a big topic of discussion. That and how dirty the bathroom gets. Yuck.
I know I couldn't live there and do that show.

Megan is gone? She is the one that Josh yelled at
and then apologized later and she said she would forgive but not forget?
Well, she has PSTD from when she was in the Navy and got assaulted.
All that drama from the guys to her made her so sick that she had to go.
With her gone and Cameron, that makes 2 gone now.
I watched BBAD today of the 2 hour show last night and it sure helps to learn who is who.
Cody does not like Paul at all and wants him gone asap.
I do like Paul and think BB gave him a big hurdle by the way they put him into the game and giving out the friendship bands to only half the group. As if he didn't have a big enough target on his back just to be there again. But he is pretty smart so gotta see how things go.

After watching the show live, I can see why Gran is not here. There is lots to learn and see right now with what is going on in that house and she has to be glued to her live feeds. I don't blame her.

Squid....I got Josh and Cody mixed up yesterday when I wrote. I got it now and understand what you wrote even more about him not having safety and gonna be gone soon. He was a jerk last night when the live feeds kicked in on BBAD. He kept talking to the cameras and talking to his family. Trying to cover up his actions earlier saying it was because of a sick family member and on and on. He would cry and then not cry and was a mess. He would go up to one of the girls and ask if he could lay down in bed with them so it would calm him down and comfort him. The girls all saw through that real fast. Once this safety thing is gone, I think you are right and it won't be long and he will be out if he keeps this act up. But he may last longer because Cody is targeting the girls to go and keep the guys.
I was surprised to see the hardness of Cody(HOH) continue unless you were one of his in crowd. He is very sure of himself and has his goal set.
It's fun seeing the show again. Never a dull moment.

Squid

I'm sorry to hear about Megan.  She seemed nice and eager to play.  Josh was SUCH a jerk to her.  I kept thinking, during his tirade, about what Megan could have done to him.  I don't remember seeing or hearing one thing that she did.  I think he has some mental illness, to be perfectly honest.  He won't last long. 

I don't watch the BBAD stuff.  I only get my info from the broadcast shows.  Thanks for the info, Cat, it's nice to get some of the "behind the scenes" info.   

Squid

mycatownsme

I haven't been able to stop by due to heavy rain and flooding. Thankfully we were lucky and the water did not get to our home. But we tried helping those who were not so lucky. Very sad to see the devastation and heartache to those poor people.
I do like the temptation spin too. Especially when it knocked Cody off his high horse when he tried to blind side Paul. So happy for Paul.
Not a fan of the showmances going on this year. And I have grown to like the old guy more and more. He is a character that is funny and entertaining. Very good personality and adds to the show. I think he has 6 different suits to wear and they are all pretty nice. He likes to dress up for their meetings they have and some of the others will dress up also. It's nice to have BBAD to get to know the personalities a lot better. The regular shows that are shown each week doesn't give the time needed to really get to know them all as well.
Waiting to see if Christmas will be saved and if Jillian will be booted. I like them both but it comes down to which side of the house you're wanting to get ahead as to who would be best to go.
The show seems to be pretty good so far and hope the twists continue to be interesting and fun to watch and add to the show. popcorn2.gif

Squid

I think Christmas will be the one to go... she's more of a threat.  Cody is terrible... it's like he's a drill sargeant - no real humor in him at all.

I don't understand how these showmances start up so suddenly.  By week two, they were paired off and in bed together.  I know there is a lot of time that goes by and we don't see but it seems SO FAST to me.   I would NOT be attracted to Cody and I think Jessica is starting to cool toward him... he's not a team player.  I think his military background has made him VERY rigid.  I look forward to him being gone at some point.

Sorry to hear about your rain!  Stay dry, Cat!

mycatownsme

After watching the show, it seems Cody and Jessica along with Jillian were very surprised to see Christmas stay after all. Welcome to the real world of Big Brother. Cody really messed up his team he pulled together by not being a team player and acting as a dictator and not letting his team know what he was going to do. He did make a big mistake with that move.
I do have a lot of respect for his service to our country in the military. But I am concerned for him due to the talk he makes about the thrill he got out of shooting and killing and would want to do that over again. Concerned he may need to get some help to come around to not being at war anymore. Just very hard to hear him talk about his service and like he is just one step away from having to do that stuff again. Big Brother is a game and not war. Kind of feel sad for him.
Did you see Jessica rip into Christmas after the show and usually they all stand around the picture wall to see the evicted houseguest picture go to black and white? Jessica couldn't wait to tear into Christmas and pitch her F bombs left and right. At least never a dull moment.
The battle for HOH is going to be fun to watch. I know the result but do not want to give it away in case others rather watch and see for themself.
Good and bad, I am enjoying the season this year and do like those temptations too. It has added a nice and interesting twist to the show.
I have not been a fan of showmances due to the blame of one passes on to the other. Much rather see individual game play. But then I think of past showmances that have turned out real well and lead to marriage. Just never know about Big Brother.

Rain coming our way again but so far it is going above or below us. It is so darn humid. We have been working on putting more and more stuff up and off of the floor and out of card board boxes and into the plastic bins just in case. Once that sewage mixed river water gets to the homes and flood them, all that has come into contact with that awful water has to be thrown away. It is all ruined and no good. So all holiday items and photo albums are getting higher places in better containers. Keeping my paws crossed that this too shall pass and quickly.

Squid

I was wrong about Christmas!  I can't get over Jessica... I think she is spoiled rotten and so used to getting her way that she has tantrums when she doesn't.   I think Cody is just plain scary. 

I'm sure it's a generational thing but everyone (almost) seems so entitled.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview