This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

O.J. Simpson Granted Parole

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

O.J. Simpson was just granted parole and he'll be released from prison as early as October.

O.J. has served 9 years of a maximum 33-year prison sentence after he was convicted of armed robbery in 2008. You'll recall he was attempting to retrieve some of his memorabilia in Las Vegas but said he had no clue the crew he was rolling with was armed.

The 70-year-old apologized for the role he played in the robbery. He said he offered no excuses during his 9-year stay behind bars and would have no problem with any parole conditions imposed on him.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/o-j-simpson-granted-parole-board-hearing/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

He also had kidnapping charges.  I know his trial and murder acquittal in 1995 can't be considered in this particular case and this parole but it still chaps my hide that he got away with murder (criminally) and escaped his civil judgement penalty (civilly found guilty of the murders, not paying his judgement, protected by retirement classifications).  The part that really makes me shake my head is that socially he will be accepted and celebrated.  This man almost decapitated the mother of his children and stabbed to death her friend.

S1lent

Hi
How could OJ find the "real" killers while he is in prison.  Now, maybe he will find them.

S1lent

Squid

LOL, I remember when he said he was going to dedicate himself to finding the killer.  I used to scream at the TV, "OJ!!!   The killer isn't on all the golf courses!".   

On second thought, I guess he was....

AustinBennett

O.J.'s blood was everywhere. On the gate, the pavement outside, On Nicole..even her panties. It amazes me to this day how any jury couldn't have convicted this man. It had to be race motivated, there's simply no other way.

Squid

Race and celebrity - both is my guess.  My jaw dropped when that verdict came in.  They had DNA evidence even though no one understood DNA back then.  They spend soooo much time trying to explain it to the jury.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview