This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Survivor - Season 35 - Heroes, Healers, Hustlers

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

The show starts Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2017 on CBS 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT.  Check your listings.

I always have trouble with the names and faces at first.  Hopefully these pictures will help us!

For the full cast:  http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/
Click on the individual pictures for biographies.

mycatownsme

This is awesome  cheesy.gif  Great idea  tumbsup.gif 
I'm looking forward to the start of the show and seeing how things go this year.

mycatownsme

Oh yes,  I am too.  Wonder how 3 teams will work out? We will soon see.
I think your idea of putting the pictures with names is really smart. Nice.
I will make use of those for sure.

Squid

M
Quote from: mycatownsme on September 21, 2017, 11:56:59 PM
I will make use of those [pictures] for sure.

Me, too!  I will probably have this page up on my laptop while I watch the show!  LOL

LittleFawn

At some point in the game they will probably merge them into two teams.

mycatownsme

Oh yes, for sure. This adds just another great element to the game play that's fun to watch.

Squid

Ok -

• Alan is psychotic.  Did you see him bugging out his eyes every other minute and constantly screaming?  He reminds me of the kind of crazy that anabolic steroids create.  They may want to keep him around for his muscles but he's CRAZY!  He made JP strip down due to his own paranoia!  Get rid of Alan fast, Levu tribe.  It's almost as though he entered the game with a HUGE chip on his shoulder
  • Where's your brain, Chrissy?   You know that the majority of your tribe is gunning for you and Katrina.  Still, you voted Katrina out?  She was your only ally and now the team will come for you unless you do some fancy footwork.  You had the SUPER idol and could have saved her after the votes, too.  The SUPER idol was only good for this tribal council.   I don't think you played this intelligently, Chrissy
  • Joe was stupid for going after Mike, too.  Joe's already showing himself to be a bully.  So what if Mike was hunting for an idol in the jungle?  THIS IS SURVIVOR!  It's part of the game!  Bullies who start pushing others around so early rarely last long in the game.  Breathe, Joe, people can play the game without you grunting down their necks.

mycatownsme

It was good reading your post. I did not get to see the show last night.
I have it taped and hope to get to it tonight or soon as possible.
It sounds like it will be an interesting season. Or at least not boring.
I look forward to seeing this soon.
So far..... one, at least, psycho, one so far no brainer and there will be more big bullys' showing up.
Yep, Survivor is here.  mumbojumbo.gif  embarrassed.gif  slap1.gif  popcorn2.gif

Squid

Sorry, Cat!  I didn't want to spoil anything for you before you saw it.  I thought you would be watching last night.  Enjoy!

mycatownsme

Good Morning, Thanks for the thoughtfulness but please feel free to post whenever. whatever you want. I don't mind one bit to read anything here if I have not had a chance to watch. I tried to watch it last night but a couple of friends stopped by and only got a couple of minutes into it. So, this post helped me to know what happened.

I am not a person that needs to see anything first before reading it. I was the same with Big Brother. I know some of my friends wanted to see for themself first before knowing what was going to happen and then the rest would be like me. So we call and talk and share the news. It's fun.

I plan on watching it today and will be able to post again later on. It's only an hour show and minus the commercial breaks that I can fly past with it being recorded, I will get to watch soon.
Then we can compare notes.
All is good.  tumbsup.gif  cat64.gif

bain407

That's my favorite show of all................................................... cheerleading.gif

mycatownsme

I finally got to watch the show and it was good.
Nice to see you bain an that this is your favorite show.

Everything you wrote about was spot on squid.
As if this show isn't hard enough without having Alan in it this year. Wow! giggle2.gif

I saw at the end of the show when they hold up their sign of who they voted out and that Chrissy had Katrina written down. So, it was her reason why she did what she did. I agree that she may regret this decision. Now she is most likely to be voted out next. But then, you never know with Survivor. This may end up being a smart move on her part after all. Will be watching to see.

Joe was really something else. What a big bully is right. Hope this comes back to bite him in the end and see him voted out also.

I like this year so far. And really like that you have the pictures and names on everyone. It really makes a big difference on being able to know who is who when we sit in our peanut gallery and give our opinions.

Hope you join us in what you think of the show too bain. The more the better.  popcorn2.gif

It will be a fun and interesting season. May not agree with everyones game play but I think who ever wins, sure does have to work hard for it and need a bit of luck.

I do not have a favorite yet but it's a little soon. Gotta get to know them all a little better. But at least it is good to watch so far. When I watched the show, it seemed to go by pretty fast and it was over. Good sign. I wanted to see more.

Squid

I agree... too early to tell.  Some people stood out in their manner and approach to others but we'll see how it all pans out.  I'll be back after the next episode

mycatownsme

What  show this turned out to be. I liked it but just surprised to see who got voted out and the way the rest voted. I did not see that one coming.

Squid, you would have done well on the underwater challenge. I swear they need gills to be able to do those kind.

Squid

I thought they did the right thing getting rid of Simone.  I couldn't believe how in the earlier part of the program she said "I'm not an outdoorsy girl",  "I'm an indoor girl", "I'm not a nature girl", "This place is so hot and there's no air conditioning".  My immediate thought was "WHY THE HELL DID YOU APPLY TO DO SURVIVOR!?!?".

She was so proud of herself because she went in the ocean far enough to get wet.  Really?  Wow.  She was not going to be of much use to the team at all.

I would love those water challenges!  I was thrown in a pool as a baby and haven't gotten dry since!  LOL, that might be a slight exaggeration but I love the water.  Lung capacity is everything in those challenges and if you apply to be on Survivor, it would behoove you to increase your lung capacity, learn how to make a fire, and increase your cardiovascular ability. 

I'm glad the same tribe didn't go to tribal.  When it's clear how bad a particular tribe is with repetitive losses, it skews the numbers and stats.

Love Jeff Probst.  Such a cutie... and smart.

mycatownsme

I agree she was good to get out. But I thought for sure they were going to vote the red head...scrolls down to get name, Well, heck, the pictures with names is not here as I post.
But you know who I mean. The tall lean guy that seemed to enjoy standing out and being loud.
It's kind of sad to see a player like Simone get on the show when there are so many who really would be much more prepared and great to watch and that got taken by her. Oh well, it's still good.

If Probst ever decides to leave the show, it will not be the same and that would leave some big shoes to fill. He has been a natural from the start and knows what buttons to push and questions to ask at tribal. And yes, he is pretty easy on the eyes.
I love seeing where they go and the beautiful islands and oceans.

i thought you would do well with your Squid ID. With all that underwater time and then having to push that stuff out of the screened in contraption. I think it looked easier then it was and it did not look that easy.

The tribe split to 3 different ones is a change they have done a few times and I do like it best too. It was another week of good tv.   Looking forward to seeing the next one.

BB Note....Not sure if you heard about this or not....Jessica and Cody were picked to be on Amazing Race. I will for sure be watching to see how this plays out. They will do either very good or it will be a disaster. Either way, fun to watch.

Squid

Quote from: mycatownsme on October 05, 2017, 03:20:11 PM
BB Note....Not sure if you heard about this or not....Jessica and Cody were picked to be on Amazing Race. I will for sure be watching to see how this plays out. They will do either very good or it will be a disaster. Either way, fun to watch.
I had heard they were going to do A.R.  I won't be tuning in.  His neuroses and manic eyeballs are too much for me to take.  I am not interested in more of the two of them.  I hope you enjoy the show, though.  I've never watched A. R.

mycatownsme

Good you heard about this. I will usually start to watch the first couple of shows but will not stick with it unless the people are interesting, fun or make it worth my time. I know I will check in just to see them outside of the BB time to see them in a whole new light.
I do understand your feelings and did not care for them at all in BB and were part of the reason why I took a break away from watching. Now my interest is there only because I am so curious to see if they are going to be much better on AR.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview