This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Free Halloween Pumpkin Carving Templates

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Looking for some last minute ideas? This site offers over 175 free printable Halloween pumpkin carving templates.

https://orangeandblackpumpkins.com/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Mayhem

mycatownsme

I needed to come back to get this link.
Forgot the last time I was here.
Good thing my head is attached.  embarrassed.gif

Squid

I remember reading someplace a few years back that if you're going to carve pumpkins and want them to last a long time before they start to wither, you should dunk the pumpkin before carving and after in a bucket of water with a little bleach in the water.  I don't know how much.  It is supposed to kill the surface bacteria, fungi, molds that will claim the pumpkin.  You should dunk every so often during the life of the carving, too.  This is supposed to dramatically increase its life.   

ETA - just read this on google

Bleach kills mold and will prevent it from attacking your pumpkin. You can either completely submerge your carved pumpkin into a solution of three tablespoons bleach to three gallons water, or you can use a spray bottle filled with water and a small amount of bleach to treat the carved

mycatownsme

These are good tips and the link also has tips to use to make the pumpkin last longer also.
It is a great site and I had fun going through every single page.

Thank you for searching to help the pumpkin in this regard.
This is a lot of work and it will be nice to have the pumpkin last as long as possible.

The site also has tips on using a candle and heat from that also.
I have used the small candle tea lights for a few years now because they do not get hot.
And they have tips on that also on this link.

I did book mark this site. It is very good.

Squid

I bookmarked it, too!  Hope you have fun.  I already bought three pumpkins.  One is painted.  The other two are really too small for carving.  The largest is about the size of a honeydew melon, the other a cantaloupe.  I'll try carving next year, I think.  I actually have a carving kit that I've never used so I'm all set!

mycatownsme

I did work on a smaller one with a cut out of a cat...what else?

And I did use a couple of tips from this site of leaving in the pieces that are going to be removed when complete. It makes the pumpkin easier and more sturdy to work on by doing this. My pumpkin is a little bigger the the honeydew or cantaloupe but not by much. So using his suggestion was very helpful. I also used a regular small knife but wonder how the kit of knives you have would be better. I'll keep watch and see how it went in case you do attempt this yet before Halloween. I got about 3/4 done today. I don't know if I will work on it anymore tonight due to badge day and the extra freebies. But it really looks nice and I always would see pumpkins carved this way but never knew just how this was done.
The guy who has this site from the link is really into doing these and can be contacted if need be. And free! I do see a Paypal sign but nothing begging for money to use the templates. Got this is enough time to get a pumpkin done and enjoy for Halloween. pumpkin1.gif

Squid

If you enjoyed this and think you might carve each year, keep an eye open for after Halloween sales this year and you might get a nice carving kit for a good price.

mycatownsme

This is a great idea! I know it will get lots of use with my grandchild future visits too.
We can use for many years to come.

Thank you very much.  dancing16.gif pumpkin12.gif

Mayhem

Ethan

Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Mayhem

I wish I had the patience for some of those templates ... that horsemen one looks like a 2 hour commitment.

Squid

Wow, good for you Ethan!  That's ambitious!  If you do it, please post a pic, we'd love to see it.

Mayhem

Ethan

Just a quick pumpkin update : There is no pumpkin!

I have been super sick the last couple days ... my get up and go - got up and went. I do have a pumpkin here though .. so that's like half the battle, right? heh
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Squid

Aw, so sorry to hear you're sick.   doctor.gif  nurse.gif  vomit.gif  6_6.gif

Feel better! 

I think next year I am going to try to carve a pumpkin.  I'll be sure to post pics if I do! 

pumpkin12.gif pumpkin1.gif pumpkin12.gif pumpkin1.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview