This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Daylight Savings Time

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Who else forgot to set their clocks back an hour last night?  I could have used the extra hour of sleep. swear2.gif yawn.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

mycatownsme

Sorry to hear you missed out on that extra sleep. It does make a difference.

Set the clocks back that don't automatically do it especially my microwave before going to bed. I thought we were not going to be doing this anymore but my thought was wrong.

Seemed to see a discussion about this some place. And it seemed weird not to do this before Halloween. I liked it when the little ones had that extra day light.

The only place the time will not be changed is in my car. It is such a hassle and just not worth it. My car has always been tricky from the time we bought it with trying to set and then change that darn clock. But not a big deal and will be left alone. At least the time is right for half the year.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on November 05, 2017, 07:58:48 AM
Who else forgot to set their clocks back an hour last night?  I could have used the extra hour of sleep. swear2.gif yawn.gif

I thought the US was the only country doing DST. How little I know of the world around me....

That said, I always set the clocks back or ahead when I go to bed the night before, so I don't forget in the morning.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 05, 2017, 07:35:11 PM
That said, I always set the clocks back or ahead when I go to bed the night before, so I don't forget in the morning.

I normally do that as well, but I got distracted in posting all those free tokens offers last night.

Once again, Pogo messed up and didn't link to all the offers. I had to hunt them all down and check each one manually.

Squid

I changed the clocks that needed it at about 6 pm the night before.  I know that's a little early but I usually use the Cable Box clock and that one does it automatically, like my puters.  It felt like normal time by the next morning.   It's always easier to gain an hour, though.

Mayhem

I have a surprising amount of clocks that need to be adjusted manually. I also made a mistake with my grandfather clock ...

After adjusting the time, I went to wind it up so I wouldn't have to mess with again for a couple weeks. The problem is that it has 2 key holes you can wind up .. one for the clock, and a separate one for the hourly gong. We'll ... I wound the wrong one up and now it gong's 3 times every hour.

It's not so bad during the day, but I have to try and sleep through it at night ...

Squid

Mayhem

So far, no real problems sleeping. If it becomes and issue, I can either throw a blanket over it or sleep downstairs for the next week.

Mayhem

Good news! The clock it has stopped doing it's hourly chiming a few hours ago  tumbsup.gif

I'm sure if it's because I never wound it up fully, or it needs to be wound up a lot more often than the clock does.

Squid

For old time's sake:

BOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG !!!!!

Happy to help....

mycatownsme

Good news. Now you will be able to sleep through the night without hearing that bong noise.

They are so pretty to hear during the day. But night time is a bit much and hard to get used to them. Glad to hear that worked out. Sweet Dreams all night long.

AustinBennett

Many older churches still do the "bong" thing every hour.  How do people live close by and sleep?   no-no.gif

Mayhem

I used to live by a major highway and fall asleep to the sound of emergency vehicles all the time. If you grow up in those surroundings, it's not too bad.

I've now since moved away to a place where it's nice and quiet. If there is an emergency vehicle now, all the neighbors are looking out the windows to see what's going on.

Ethan

I have troubles sleeping if it's too quiet.  One little house crack and I'm wide awake - If something falls off the counter I jump into home invasion defense mode heh.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Squid

Quote from: Ethan on November 14, 2017, 10:00:24 AM
I have troubles sleeping if it's too quiet.  One little house crack and I'm wide awake - If something falls off the counter I jump into home invasion defense mode heh.
giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif

I'm just the opposite.  I hear something and think... "It'll go away soon..."  LOL

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview