This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Veterans Day observed Nov 10 2017

Started by catfancie,

Previous topic - Next topic

catfancie

Veterans Day is intended to honor and thank all military personnel who served the United States in all wars, particularly living veterans.
Red poppies, a symbol of World War I from their appearance in the beloved poem "In Flanders Fields" by John McCrae, are sold in Canada and the United Kingdom on Remembrance Day to raise money for veterans or worn in the lapel as a tribute.
Veterans Day is a U.S. legal holiday dedicated to American veterans of all wars. In 1918, on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, an armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, was declared between the Allied nations and Germany in World War I, then known as "the Great War." Commemorated in many countries as Armistice Day the following year, November 11th became a federal holiday in the United States in 1938. In the aftermath of World War II and the Korean War, Armistice Day became legally known as Veterans Day.
Veterans Day pays tribute to all American veterans—living or dead—but especially gives thanks to living veterans who served their country honorably during war or peacetime.

TO ALL VETERANS- THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

Squid

The veterans hand out red poppies in the United States.   May we all have a thoughtful Veterans Day.  Thank you for your service.

S1lent

Greetings Cat and Squid,
Thanks for remembering us.  I enlisted 17 Feb 65 and served for nearly 8 years.  Then in August 1976 back into the Air National Guard till April 2005.  Love those retirement checks...and my wife will get 55% upon my passing.
Thanks again
S1lent aka Ken #2 but to my military friends was known as "Chief Bauer"

mycatownsme

Heart felt Thank You to all Veterans. Very much appreciated.  inlove1.gif

Thank you Chief Bauer. Thank you for your many years of service.
And so very nice to hear that your wife will continue to benefit for the time served on the event of passing and she survives you. Hope that is not for many many years to come.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview