PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 12:42:13 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Share your Spoils!

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Now that the long weekend is over, did anyone manage to score any great deals?

I never snagged anything, besides we get our killer deals on Boxing Day (December 26th). I'd really like a QLED TV ...

https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/qled-tv/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I saw one of those TVs at Costco last week.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  The colors, the level of HD, the surround sound, etc. etc.  It was a beaut!  $2600.  I hope you get a deal!

I didn't get any super-uber-terrific deals but I bought an Alexa.  My friend has one and it's fun and the sound is very good.  I got some other small stuff.  I don't need a computer (I hope) and other electronics so those deals will pass me by.  Nothing is really standing out for me this year. 

Stinkerbell

I got 4 Samsung Chrome Books for my grandsons, for.... $119 each, I think?  People were knocking each other over to get to them, so I grabbed 4 and stuck them in my son-in-law's cart, then convinced him the boys simply MUST have them! LOL

At Costco I saw an 82" Samsung TV, but there was no price. It must have been one of those "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" deals.

Stinkerbell

Oh, for pre-Black Friday Ulta had some fabulous deals... high end styling tools for 1/2 off. Kirkland Home had Christmas decorations - super nice ones, for about 1/2 off, too.

Del Taco has great Cyber Monday gift card deals - buy $100 worth of cards, get 8 free combo meals and free... saves about $58.  My son LOVES their #3 combo meal, and in the course of a year I'm sure we spend $100 there.

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on November 28, 2017, 03:29:32 AM
I saw one of those TVs at Costco last week.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  The colors, the level of HD, the surround sound, etc. etc.  It was a beaut!  $2600.  I hope you get a deal!

I've only seen one so far, and it had curved sides. I'm not a big fan of that - I hope not all models are that way.

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 28, 2017, 06:49:54 AM
I got 4 Samsung Chrome Books for my grandsons, for.... $119 each, I think?

That's a pretty good deal!

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 28, 2017, 06:53:22 AM
Del Taco has great Cyber Monday gift card deals - buy $100 worth of cards, get 8 free combo meals and free... saves about $58.

Another great deal! I don't think any other food places were offering anything close to that.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on November 28, 2017, 08:34:34 AM
I've only seen one so far, and it had curved sides. I'm not a big fan of that - I hope not all models are that way.

When I was standing in front of the TV, the curves were great.  When I was off to the side, I wasn't as big a fan.

Mayhem

I care about having a decent viewing angle, so that might be the deal killer for me.

Ethan

Well I think I got the best deal of them all - I got nothing!

Here's a tip of what not to do when shopping on days like this : Don't go into the store over dressed and then start making big adjustments to your clothes in the corner of the store when your so hot from all the people packed in there.  Then realize after doing so how bad that must have looked - only to make it worse by looking around upwards and discovering security cameras and making a surprise jerk movement with your body when you see them.  How I made it out of that store without getting football tackled is beyond me heh.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Squid

If you come over to my house, Ethan, I'm friskin' ya! giggle2.gif

S1lent

Greetings,
No great deals for me or my wife...boxed wine doesn't go on sale.

Anyway, when I'm at Costco...I always try to see what people are returning.  I was interested in a Shark Vacuum cleaner to replace my heavy Dyson...but I saw a lady dragging it across the parking lot to return.  That convinced me.

S1lent and have a great day all you PogoCheats, elf2.gif

Ethan

Quote from: ~Squid~ on November 29, 2017, 03:45:45 AM
If you come over to my house, Ethan, I'm friskin' ya! giggle2.gif

Hey, don't be threatening me with a good time!  huh.gif
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Squid

Mayhem

I have the same problem Ethan! I always find myself fumbling around while waiting in line at the bank.

You can almost feel the 16 cameras turn and focus on you.

Cathy2

I spent more money than I wanted too but I finished my Christmas shopping! cheerleading.gif

Squid

WTG, Cathy!   I did a fair amount of shopping but most of it is for me!   I'm my own best Santa!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: s1lentscream on November 29, 2017, 04:14:33 PM

Anyway, when I'm at Costco...I always try to see what people are returning.  I was interested in a Shark Vacuum cleaner to replace my heavy Dyson...but I saw a lady dragging it across the parking lot to return.  That convinced me.

That's brilliant, Ken2. I like the way you think. With increasingly seeded reviews, nothing beats the return line for telling it like it is.

C~M

I splurged and bought myself an iPad Pro 10.5 inch

Mayhem

Quote from: C~M on December 02, 2017, 08:40:56 PM
I splurged and bought myself an iPad Pro 10.5 inch

Nice! Do you use it to get the mobile badges now?

mycatownsme

Congrats CM on your new ipad.  That is so awesome and would love to have the extra $$$ to get one too. Merry Christmas to you.  elf2.gif I know you will be very happy with it.  tumbsup.gif

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on December 03, 2017, 12:49:37 AM
Nice! Do you use it to get the mobile badges now?

Yep, also play some regular games on it as well, like Aces Up HD.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview