Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

High Stakes Pool

Started by popper,

Previous topic - Next topic

popper

Hi all, Nice forum!

I've posted on a few other boards and I'm still at square one. Someone tell me there's a simple fix, please?  ;)

To get right to the point, this particular PC has not been capable of using the High Stakes Pool game. There were zero problems with Hammerhead Pool. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several versions of Sun's Java2 and have had zero success. I have also removed Sun's programs and tried the MSVJM. The end result is the same,  this PC either immediately reboots, send up a BSOD or allows a few games before freezing. This doesn't happen in other games such as Solitaire or Spades and the same issue occurs when using IE 5.5 or Netscape 7.2.
The blue screen error reads: Exception OD at 0028: 00000003 in VxD called from 0028: C001D3B4 in VxD NDIS (01) + 00005B30.
Also, at times there is a Java error window pop up that reads: You appear to be disconnected from the internet.
I've also temporarily installed a different hard drive equipped with an XP operating system and HS Pool worked fine. The Yahoo pool games work fine also.
I've run SpybotS&D, Adaware SE, NAV and Trojan Hunter. I've disabled the AV and firewall which doesn't help.

I cannot be the only person with this problem as I have surfed the web and found many others in the identical circumstance.

The system configuration is:
Pentium III 1G
512 Ram
Nvidia GeForce2 400
WinMe
IE v5.5 SP2
Netscape 7.2
Current Java version is 1.4.2_03 (Java cache cleared daily)

Thanks,
Kevin in LA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview