Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Does Audit Accounts

Started by Barbara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

---

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Motley

So, if he was able to view his badges then he must still have an account?  He is lucky on that respect, I guess, but it still stinks that they audit over a total of $25.00.  I hope I never win a prize then, my auto use isn't stupid or inhuman but I guess they could say I used one because on more than one occasion I stayed up all night due to insomnia. 

smiles29

i agree with homer, that does suck big time.  but i thought pogo said that if they found anyone "cheating" (using auto's) that their account would be canceled.  go figure.  pogo cant make up thier mind what they want to do.  your friend is lucky not to have their account banned.

MLT

I know of some1 who won a prize... and never used an auto!!!  their prize was forfeited by pogo... saying that they had used a auto.  go figure!

IndianLover

Quote from: MLT on May 19, 2005, 10:39:19 PM
I know of some1 who won a prize... and never used an auto!!! their prize was forfeited by pogo... saying that they had used a auto. go figure!

sounds like pogo just did want to cough up the money even though they have enough of it  ::)

Capt. Morgan

I am wondering if since the person was a "Paying" club pogo member is why they were able to keep their account?
Also, since the prize was never claimed maybe pogo figured they would never claim any prize saving them money?
Well I guess there are quite a few of us here that will never earn that badge.  ;)

sd1619

I got my money badge taken away.  I won the prize and badge back in Feb and could care less about the money.  I did like the badge tho and thought it was worth them keeping the $20 but it suddenly disappeared today and I will not even email them to ask them about it because it seems like they find any excuse to keep their money whether I used auto or not. 

smiles29

Quote from: Barbara on May 20, 2005, 05:12:51 PM
That stinks. I wish they would let us keep the badges in return for our not asking for the money. What harm would it do?

thats exactly my same thought barbara.  and that is a extremely goooooooooooooood question.  :-\

Commander_Powell

If I ever win a jackpot, (which will be right after I get struck by lightninig twice), and Pogo tries to get out of paying by saying that I use autos, which I don't, I'll see them in court.

I guarantee you this...  If Pogo (or Electronic Arts rather), keeps up this BS about not paying off on prizes, the WILL find themselves on the other end of a class-action lawsuit.  You can NOT conduct business this way, and all it will take is one user with the guts to stand up and say ENOUGH!

Agent Jones

I really, really hope someone does win without using autos, is denied, and takes them to court. Seriously, how many people on pogo don't use autos? I know there's a lot, but I think there's a whole lot more who have used an auto at one point or another. I could understand not awarding the prize if an auto was being used at the exact moment they won, but just because you have used autos in the past is really lame.

truckers41

that sure  do sound like they are checkin accounts

Motley

I remember a time before Club Pogo when people would openly admit to using xumouse in slots and nothing would happen to them.  I know it is lame compared to the great autos out now, if you even consider xumouse an auto.  I know this because I'd play in the same room with the same people everyday.  Now if you even whisper the word, you've got Pogo down your throats.  Most auto users are not there to win the jackpot, just to gain tokens to either have a high amount or go into poker, or gain badges.  There really is no harm in that and Pogo should realize these are just games for fun, nobody is going to get rich off of $4999.00.  This is a point that has been beaten to death but as long as you play, you are agreeing to their rules.  Some of these so-called anti-cheaters have admitted in chat that they've bought a dress in Wal-Mart for their children's pictures only to return it, claiming it was a gift and it didn't fit their child.  Oh the irony!! 

behindmymonitor

Pogo can also deny you your winnings if you have used a glitch in a game, ie: the Word jong glitch ,amoung others.
I know of members who have won $20 and $25 gift cards and received thier winnings despite using autos , go figure.
Pogo is a law unto itself.

cluck

I have won 2 prizes on pogo... and have had them & badges forfeited!!   I have never used an auto.. didn't even know where 2 find them... till this happened  ;D.

I have since filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau & the FBI. ( pogo has been a little nicer since then... even had ea.com contact me!)  8)

However, I would not bother taking them 2 court over $25.00 & 2 badges... just isn't worth it.

Hagd all

Agent Jones

Jeffer

If you consider it internet fraud, the FBI does have some contacts.

I filed a complaint with the FBI a couple of weeks ago.  My wife had her resume on a couple of sites, and we started getting emails inviting us to participate in some overseas wire trasfer schemes that were obviously very illegal.

As an FYI, once I started reporting all the spam and scam emails, suddenly they went away.  At least at home.  I still get 10 a day at work, even with filtering and reporting.

Here's a legitmate address to forward spam to.  The thing I like about it is that you don't have to do anything but forward the email...  A lot of agencies ask you to fill out a form, and we all know how long goverment forms are...

SPAM@UCE.GOV

BadgeHelpOscar

Naaah, this trumps national security. I heard they set up a swat team already and they have mobilized the Redwood City national guard.

If they had only given away that prize!
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Betty Boop

per the BBB site....

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary. Members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

and ea has been reported before

cluck

Quote from: Agent Jones on May 22, 2005, 12:39:44 PM
So did you get your prize and badges?

No, not yet... They r currently dealing with the BBB

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview