This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Does Audit Accounts

Started by Barbara,

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnsBeth

I don't understand why Pogo just doesn't give up the pretense of the jackpots or other prizes and just become a fun site to earn badges and talk with people.  I think they would have just as many people, and there wouldn't be the grousing about the nonexistent prizes.  I have never yet met a single person who said that they won a prize over $50 and had actually received it.  Pogo takes a stance that says if they say you cheated, you cheated and they don't have to tell you why they believe it or give you any chance to defend yourself.  They are causing themselves more harm than good with all this nonsense.

PrincessKate

I look at it this way.....would I like to win a JP?  Sure, who doesn't want free money?  But, I also don't ever want to win one, because I'd like to keep my account just as it is.  I'm certainly not going to run to the FBI about it. 

Where do these JP winners go?  They probably do exactly what I would do if I won.  They get their $$$ and start a new name to get away from all the JP stalking busybodies that run rampant at Pogo.

I don't care that people want the Spooky Slots special badge reoffered from 2003.  I don't care that people want to have a pogo messenger service because they seem to be too stupid to realize there are at least 4 free internet services, specific to that purpose, that wouldn't take up precious pogo bandwidth.  I don't care that people want to have a special badge that supports head colds, adult acne, diaper rash or whatever ailment seems to be running rampant through their family. 

I happen to like Pogo....flaws or not.  I happen to like the fact that I can get cute little badges while I feed my addiction to the games.  I have had stalkers.....they get bored and go away when you fail to answer them, or just keep changing rooms.   I like the fact that I have met some amazing people, including the love of my life, there.

All this.......for less than 10 cents a day to play for a year.   

*****stepping off soapbox*****  Sorry, y'all...I was just in a ranting kinda mood today.   ;)

PrincessKate

I understand that, please don't think I was ripping on the cause.  I was more directing that to the flood of petitions to hit my inbox about wanting badges to support "insert ailment here". 

PrincessKate

LOL....he does.  He's been club pogo longer than me, so I'll never actually catch up. 

PrincessKate

He's only got me by 7, I'm getting there.   ;D

PrincessKate

I'm already there, trust me, even though I think nothing will get a hold on me enough to sit through Pino to get those badges. 

I'd be progressing nicely now, but I'm too busy bawling at Home Makeover. 

PrincessKate

LOL....don't I know it.  I just don't happen to have this particular one yet, since I still enjoy the game.

I tend to go to the autos when I'm tired of the games, or hated them in the first place. 

PrincessKate

PrincessKate

PrincessKate

Betty Boop

ohhhhhhhh i hear that wicked bah ha ha ha....... >:D

CrazyLady33

Quote from: Barbara on May 19, 2005, 03:09:26 PM
My friend won a $5.00 and a $20.00 jackpot spin in two separate Pogo games on two separate dates.  He was awarded both badges on the respective dates.  The badges disappeared from his badge album, despite his never attempting to collect the payment.  Pogo was contacted about this matter and this is their response:

Discussion Thread
Response (GM Foster) 05/19/2005 09:17 AM
Hello,

Sorry, but the prize and all prize badges have been forfeited for the use of an automated device used to play our games. This includes the use of any automated devices to play any Pogo games on your account at any time. If you have any further questions please go to the Help site by clicking on the Help button on the Pogo game site.

SR GM Foster
Pogo Prize Admin
Pogo Player Relations

Pogo does and will audit your account over the smallest available prize.  The argument that someone wants to make tons of tokens to enter them in prize drawings doesn't make sense because Pogo is aware of winners and their accounts.  This is a player who could care less about tokens and wouldn't think to enter the drawings to win jackpot prizes.  This is just proof that Pogo is auditing accounts that win.

I have a friend they did the same thing to and she dint use auto either she has had her lawyer come over check the PC and all so EA has just messed up and messed with wrong person hope they have fun in COURT

RocknRollGirl

I wonder why Pogo says it will give out prizes and then when someone wins they automatically say they are using an auto.  If they are that scared that people always use autos and I know of a lot of people who do not use them, then why give out prizes to begin with.  It stinks when pogo will not give a person a lousy $10.00 prize, you would think that pogo thought that the person had won the lottery.   Well, I think if they want to go through the trouble of being taken to court then they deserve what they get.

Firenbedredhead

I tell you all something that really sucks also. Is when a friend offers to do a badge for you to help you and they use an auto. Even though it wasn't you and you win a prize you won't recieve it. I think thats just down right wrong. I don't see what the big deal is its just a game. Pogo suppose to be fun so who gives a rats ass if people use auto's. I don't see why people who win jackpots or other things should be denied their prizes. If they weren't using auto's when they won then let them keep it. Pogo just needs a good kick in the ass and someone to stand up to them otherwise they will contiue to RIP off members!!!

irisheyesRsmiling

:D Well, My mother in law won $20.00 in the the jackpot spinner and she received her check today!!!  (she doesnt use autos) But, for me, now I know they really do pay out on the prizes! HAGD all!! :D :D :D :D

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Adacia

Quote from: Firenbedredhead on May 25, 2005, 02:50:17 AM
I tell you all something that really sucks also. Is when a friend offers to do a badge for you to help you and they use an auto. Even though it wasn't you and you win a prize you won't recieve it. I think thats just down right wrong. I don't see what the big deal is its just a game. Pogo suppose to be fun so who gives a rats ass if people use auto's. I don't see why people who win jackpots or other things should be denied their prizes. If they weren't using auto's when they won then let them keep it. Pogo just needs a good kick in the ass and someone to stand up to them otherwise they will contiue to RIP off members!!!
ITA. That's exactly what happened to me while entrusting a friend to my account. Ever since I feel as though my account has been tainted. Now days it doesn't feel as though using an auto would change anything one way or another. It's already been done without my permission and there is nothing I can do to change it. The fact is, it should have been my decision to make. Not a rant really. I take responsibility for allowing myself to share my account.

CrazyLady33

Quote from: irisheyesRsmiling on May 25, 2005, 05:50:04 PM
:D Well, My mother in law won $20.00 in the the jackpot spinner and she received her check today!!!  (she doesnt use autos) But, for me, now I know they really do pay out on the prizes! HAGD all!! :D :D :D :D

Let her win another prize and watch how fast they tell her that it has been forfited for auto they wont take your stuff 1st time around they do it 2nd time around of winning

tvc

Does anyone know what kind of time frame an audit takes? and how far back does an audit of one's account go back to? and will they only audit an account if they win money and or a prize? like if pogo so and so pops in a room where u are and he is looking in your badge collection and sees tons of game badges won all very close in dates do you think they would audit you?
Thanks for any info given

Homer

My opinion is they only audit your account if you win a cash prize.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview