This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Started by misery,

Previous topic - Next topic

misery

BadgeHelpOscar

If you've waited now for 5 years, you might as well wait for next years longhorn and just get that. What's another year with ME?
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Motley

This from the Windows website, in regards to what is needed for Win XP Home Edition:

PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233-MHz minimum required;* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

• 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

• 1.5 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space.*

• Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor

• CD-ROM or DVD drive

• Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

I would go with the advice already given and get a new computer.  I can tell you that if you install Win XP on system you are currently using a lot of the games, autos, and other graphics heavy applications will continue to error.  My sister had that problem with her IBM after trying to upgrade a 64 mb computer with Win XP.  Needless to say, she went out and got a Dell for under $500 and is one happy camper.

Betty Boop

From someone who rebuilds computers and work on upgrades all day.....buy a new one....less headaches...i just got a new refurbished laptop of a well known auction site for 800.00...and its just as powerful as my PC...

smiles29

yes.  you are better off going out to buy a new computer.  we have a dell desktop that we got last year and a dell desktop that we got a few months ago.  my laptop isnt quite as big hard drive wise as the desktop,  but bigger and faster than the desktop in all other areas.  we couldnt be happier with our  dell computers.

smiles29

ok.  i know what to do as far as that goes but i couldnt explain it to you very well.  i will leave that one up to the experts.

smiles29

its one of those where it depends on what you change out will determine if you have to reinstall windows and what not.  i can do that because ive had to with an old computer i have.  it is easier to have it in front of me to see whats what than trying to explain otherwise.  sorry.   :'( :-\

Betty Boop

by the time you buy all the parts to upgrade and you would still need windows xp as most of the autos dont work with me....you could buy a new computer....

Jeffer

To reiterate what Bob said...

Dell has one for 299 after rebates, and other sites likely have even better deals as well, if you're willing to shop.

A new Motherboard and CPU and OS will cost at least $450 even if you get killer deals. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview