This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

"Resign" button in Backgammon....

Started by Pogo Dalek,

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogo Dalek

I did my Personal Challenge "Gotta Gammon" badge where you have to win 15 games this week.

I Double Browsed, and Hmm, I found something interesting.

Well, after about 6 games of actually complete and wining the game, I tried the Resign Button in my Other Browser.

The Resign Buton Works sometimes, and it doesnt.

Does anyone know exactly how to use the Resign Button in Backgammon, using a Double Browser. What do the Conditions have to be to use the Resign button to get a win for your badges???

I would click resign, and it would count it as a winsometimes, and then I clicked Resign , and it wouldnt count it as a win.

homelessdog

The player you want to win needs to make at least one move.

Pogo Dalek

SO, let me see if I have this right...

ok, in order for my Club SN to win,I need to have my Opponent/Reg Pogo Name move just once, then click on Resign???

Is that once in a Game, or just move one pip??

Thanks!

kessler

Quote from: homelessdog on June 30, 2005, 10:52:10 PM

wow, if that's the case i've been wasting alot of time. I thought the player that needed to win had to have all their pips together in the last section.. or whatever that part of the board is called. good to know!

TexasHoney

I was under the same impression as Kessler. I thought you had to have all your pips in home and then resign. Wow, Im working waayyy to hard on some of the challenges, lol.  Thanks for the tip.

RC

The way you say it is true, but there only has to be one move made in the game for the resign button to be made available. If, like the original poster states, you're playing vs. yourself, one Club name, one non-Club name, and want your Club name to win, that name would indeed have to move once. If the dice came up so that your non-Club name went first, the resign button wouldn't be available yet, so you would have to make a move, then your Club name has the option to resign, but of course you don't want this, so you'd have to make another move, then when it goes back to the non-Club name, you then resign. So, in other words, I just explained it in a much more difficult and drawn out way than you did. 

The problem with sometimes counting and sometimes not, I would assume was an issue at that time only, due to whatever reasons.. but it should be able to work all the time. And what others are saying about thinking they needed all their pips in the home area in order to resign.. well, that's usually the normal use for the resign button, when one player has a definite win going and there's no way to possibly catch up, then the other person gives in and resigns so as not to have to play through all those moves needlessly.. but the resign button is always there and clickable at any time during the game, after the first move. And if one resigns real early in a game, it is counted as a backgammon as well, just an fyi.

Pogo Dalek

Quote from: RC on July 01, 2005, 06:05:42 PM

The way you say it is true, but there only has to be one move made in the game for the resign button to be made available. If, like the original poster states, you're playing vs. yourself, one Club name, one non-Club name, and want your Club name to win, that name would indeed have to move once. If the dice came up so that your non-Club name went first, the resign button wouldn't be available yet, so you would have to make a move, then your Club name has the option to resign, but of course you don't want this, so you'd have to make another move, then when it goes back to the non-Club name, you then resign. So, in other words, I just explained it in a much more difficult and drawn out way than you did. 

yes, you did. Just reading that gave me a Splitting Headache...Does anyone have an Asprin, Tylenol, or Vicodin??

But thanks for explaining it to us! You Rock!

BigByrd

Well, my friend and I did a challenge for my daugther tonight in backgammon.  And what we did, is when all our pips were on the opposite side to where we started, she resigned and I got credit for it.  If they were not on our "home" side, and she resigned pogo would say I won, but not credit the win for the badge.

I know nothing about the game in order to explain.  I hope this helps.  I will say, if your opponent resignes too early, it will say you won, but pogo will not give your credit for the badge.

RC

Quote from: BigByrd on July 02, 2005, 12:15:16 AM
Well, my friend and I did a challenge for my daugther tonight in backgammon.  And what we did, is when all our pips were on the opposite side to where we started, she resigned and I got credit for it.  If they were not on our "home" side, and she resigned pogo would say I won, but not credit the win for the badge.

I know nothing about the game in order to explain.  I hope this helps.  I will say, if your opponent resignes too early, it will say you won, but pogo will not give your credit for the badge.

That is a bit weird, I can't imagine Pogo going through the trouble of making sure each person's pieces were on a certain side in order for the game to count towards the challenge badge. Maybe it was a freakish thing going on at the time of your playing, on something to do with the options chosen, I don't know. Pogo certainly didn't do anything like that with the checker or chess badges, cuz I remember it was possible to resign right away and get credit for the win and the badge progress for those.. well, at least for chess, now that I recall, I played out the checker ones vs. myself just so I could get the tokens as well! lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview