This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hearts-"Shoot the Moon"

Started by Barbara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

The hearts weekly challenge for July 6th requires that we "shoot the moon" once to get the badge.  This is the definition of shooting the moon:

Shooting the Moon
When one player takes all Hearts and the Queen of Spades in one round. That player then has the option to either add 26 points to everyone's score or subtract 26 points from his or her own score.

Homer

That ain't my idea of shootin' the moon.  :o

What's with the hearts challenges. Geez there seems to have been a lot of them.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

PrincessKate

I can only hope that some hearts players can come up with some tips.  I've never played this game anywhere but at pogo, so I can barely get through it. 

Capt. Morgan

Tips I can think of off hand would be if you double browsed you could control your partner passing cards to you and if you were trying to shoot have partner go under or throw hearts at right time.
Also watch your hearts when passing cards.
If you have a-k-4-7 (example)  pass the 4-7 so your only hearts are winners.
Also if you are loaded in one suit get rid of all your hearts.
There is no trump so you can run the table if you are one suit heavy.
Hope this helps some.

NovemberBride

i've never been able to double browse, is there an art to it? TIA

Barbara

Double browsing is explained in the Club Center of this site.

Jeffer

Double browsing would certainly help, but since it's only one you need, the Capt's advice is good.

If you have no concern about any other wins, just load up on hearts and high spades and try to take all the later hands.  Most times you'll crash and burn but it shouldn't take more than 10 hands tops to do this...

Barbara

Jeffer is right, as usual.  I am going to play with a friend and communicate well while doing so.  I will play the Queen and get it as soon as possible and play all the high hearts and try to take the low ones.  It sounds more intimidating than it is.

hereatic555

there is a program called smart explorer where you can load as many names as you want so you can play as everyone at the table O0

NovemberBride

Thanks guys, I have been a lurker here for a bit and y'all always give such good advice!

hereatic555

just another note about smart explorer its the padders dream browser >:D

Barbara

Betty Boop

and that is why i paid the 19.95 for smart explorer....cause when im bad im very good...boop boop a doop!!! >:D

whatsmyname

Just wondering how you shoot for the moon in Hearts and if there is a simple way to do it for next weeks challenge?

Jeffer

BigByrd

Jeffer

You probably couldn't get in because Homer just joined the two topics.  Go back a page...

texan

ok im confused lol..i downloaded smart explorer opend ie and smart explorer used my moms name and mine and i only got 1 game box up and when i went to join myself it clicked over to the other name and booted me..what did i do wrong?
hugs
tex

Homer

Quote from: Jeffer on June 30, 2005, 03:03:34 PM
You probably couldn't get in because Homer just joined the two topics.  Go back a page...

Sure......blame Homer  :( j/k  ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview