Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

'Local Area Connection 2

Started by theoneandonly,

Previous topic - Next topic

theoneandonly

you have limited or no connectivity......'

I am having problems with this, I keep getting booted from my internet connection
it keeps coming up and keeps booting me,
any help or suggestions would be great

Thanks

Barbara

This question is something that your Internet Service Provider would be able to diagnose best.

Motley

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago.  First go into Network Places.  It should be on your desktop, if it isn't then it's under Control Panel.  Once there, find the link where it says, "View Network Connections."  Double click on the Connection giving you the problem.  Some people have 2 or more depending if they use broadband and dial-up.  Click the Support Tab.  Right there it tell you what the error is.  Mine was...."We are trying to Renew your IP address."  You can try and hit Repair to see if it fixes itself.

If it doesn't, I'd definitely call your ISP.  At least, you'd be able to tell them what kind of error you are seeing. 

A word of caution though, my ISP was not able to fix my problem.  Dell was not able to fix my problem, they told me to reinstall my Operating System.  I didn't have too.  The problem was with my Router...it was trying to assign the same IP address to both computers.  In which case...DO NOT reinstall your OP.  Contact the people you got your router from.

The last might not be your problem but I thought I'd throw it in, in case, you were on a wireless network.

Good luck.

Jeffer

Also, if you are on a wireless network a lot of times rebooting your router will solve that issue.  Ususally you just unplug and replug it to accomplish that.

theoneandonly

I have tried to renew IP address and nothing... says contact your admin or something

Nice to see we both have a dell...lol

TY will contact ISP and report problem

hereatic555

a "router" is a network router that you can have more than one computer hooked up to it and use the internet at the same time

Jeffer

If have a wireless internet connection, then a router is the thing that broadcasts the signal.  Can also be called an wireless internet access point.

If you don't have a wireless connection, never mind.  If you do there are a couple of things you can do. The first is Motley's suggestion.

I guess I need to know what sort of connection you have to the internet before I should go any further..

But if you have a Dell, it's very likely you got a little book with it called "Wireless for Dummies" with it.  If you have a wireless connection, you might want to dig that out of your desk drawer...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview