This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New cell phone badges

Started by Adacia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Adacia

Here are the cell phone badges that I've managed to locate.....

bobby

homelessdog

At the launch date (later this month) only Verizon Wireless will carry the service. 

Cute badges btw

Barbara

Adric, thank you very much for posting the new badges.  You get gold stars!

Barbara

Quote from: homelessdog on July 11, 2005, 11:07:02 PM
At the launch date (later this month) only Verizon Wireless will carry the service. 

Cute badges btw
I am curious, where do you get this information?  I do not doubt you, I am just really anxious to get this ball rolling.

Adacia

Woo hoo @ gold stars! ;D Thank you for the knowledge that allowed me to post these. Now, I have a sprint phone that I'm very happy with. I really never read up on the verizon wireless thingy. Is pogo pimping phones?  ??? The things one does in the name of badges lol.

bobby

what does it cost? .............eventhought i have no phone :'(

hereatic555

I live in australia and i have never heard of Verizon Wireless i take it its only available in america

bobby

Barbara

Quote from: Adric on July 11, 2005, 11:27:58 PM
 Woo hoo @ gold stars! ;D Thank you for the knowledge that allowed me to post these. Now, I have a sprint phone that I'm very happy with. I really never read up on the verizon wireless thingy. Is pogo pimping phones?  ??? The things one does in the name of badges lol.

Sorry, I forgot to give you the gold stars.

gagaman

Quote from: hereatic555 on July 11, 2005, 11:33:21 PM

I live in australia and i have never heard of Verizon Wireless i take it its only available in america

Same. I was so looking forward to Pogo Mobile :(

Adacia

I'm not in the least bit interested in making a deal with verizon wireless. I can see people displaying their cell badges and all havoc breaking loose thru pogo emails. I may be wrong, but I really don't think that pogo would limit badge goers to one country with one phone contract.
   I have not yet been able to pull up any info on this other than what's on the pogo pages. It's not very specific to the requirements. I have a feeling that pogo will have other methods to getting these badges. Even pogo cannot expect over 250,000 pogoers to switch to a phone service for badges.
   I would love to have these badges in my collection. I'm not planning to buy a new cell for them either though while I am happy with the one I have. I'm not going to fret until our options are reduced to this. For all we know, pogo may even have rooms or tab options to play these games in regular / mobile cell mode.
   I think pogo knows alot of people simply cannot afford this change. I kind of think the whole cell phone thing is more of a perk so that people can play away from the puter...sort of like a gameboy.
   Don't give up hope just yet if you are not in the U.S.. Let's see what happens. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for any updates to post here.

homelessdog

Quote from: Barbara on July 11, 2005, 11:25:47 PM

Cute badges btw
I am curious, where do you get this information?  I do not doubt you, I am just really anxious to get this ball rolling.

The FAQ's for Pogo Mobile were posted on another board.

Hooper2092

Oh I hope that they arent limited to just verizon. My contract was up with them on the 6th and I signed a new year contract with T-mobile. Verizon no longer had an air card available to connect to the internet and tmobile had a hotspot plan that one could not pass up. And now im gonna get screwed cause I changed service providers!? Bah!

Does anyone know if its just goin to start with Verizon and be made available to others shortly after... or... am I just screwed altogether.

homelessdog

Yeah, I'm sure other carriers will pick up the service at a later date.  Right now though it says Verizon has the only contract.

BTW, the games were showcased at the E3 conference earlier this year, so if you do some searching you can find lots of screenshots and reviews of them.  Harvest Mania and Word Whomp are going to be added to the lineup later as well. 

/wish I had a cell phone.

bobby

it's a loooooooooooong shot they will be avaiable for virgin mobile pay as you go :'( but who is really gonna want to play those games on a cell phone when a phone comes standard with those games pretty much solitare, blackjack,

Roseybud333

That kinda sucks for me because I'm in the U.P. of Michigan and the only cell service we get up here is alltel and cellone they suck!!!!!!!!!! I guess I will have to wait till I get back to Chicago!! :-\

bobby

don't get us cellular their evil ;D they ruined comiskey park

Roseybud333

Yes I know LOL Hubby is a big big Sox fan and he was very disappointed when comiskey park went bye bye!! Now it's just not the same :-[

bobby

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview