This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Shooting the moon badge

Started by *Angel*,

Previous topic - Next topic

*Angel*

What in the world do I have to do to shoot the moon just one lousy time!  I tried double browsing and I just suck!  LOL

*Angel*

I can't PM you back cause I don't have enough messages yet, but I will send you a message in Pogo.  Thank you SO much.   ;)

PogoNutz

*Angel*

Exactly!  I need 8 more so keep talking to me.   JK.  O0

*Angel*

Thank you Mr. Bill for your help.  Your the best!!  :)

PogoNutz

Any time Lovely Angel.  I told you it would be easy ;D

leah

When it came time to do this badge, I set myself up in a private room (no passing allowed), and kept hitting new game until I had a hand that I knew could shoot the moon.  It tricky getting into the lead since hearts are not trump, but if you have enough high cards and high hearts, and the queen, it works.

Mommylov1216

Shooting the moon badge? What game is this badge in? And is in game or challenge? I'm clueless. lol

*Angel*

This was a badge for Hearts.  It's one of the 2005 badges that I needed.  You had to take the Queen of Spades, and all of the hearts which means you "shoot the moon".  It wasn't that bad once I got some help.  O0

janet

I got it in about 30 min.  Just keep all of your high hearts, spades and pass low cards in other suits.  It really helps if you are only 3 suited.  Don't think I have every done it in real life though. I was just trying to play as bad as I possibly could without them knowing it.  You want to give them the first two or three hands so they don't catch on.  Neither the bots nor I knew what we were doing so they were surprised too.

PogoNutz

Quote from: janetdebra on October 21, 2005, 07:25:44 AM
I got it in about 30 min.  Just keep all of your high hearts, spades and pass low cards in other suits.  It really helps if you are only 3 suited.  Don't think I have every done it in real life though. I was just trying to play as bad as I possibly could without them knowing it.  You want to give them the first two or three hands so they don't catch on.  Neither the bots nor I knew what we were doing so they were surprised too.

I did it a couple times a  few weeks ago on accident.  I was helping someone with the 30 Hearts wins and keeping high cards to suck up hearts, and protect the other player and when it came time to get rid of the lead, the bots would either not take it, of take it for one trick and lead right back to me.  My partner ended up winning the games (and their badge) anyway but it was funny shooting the moon without trying :)

I think the best was with a partner is to sit across from each other and only allow passing across the middle.  That way you can pass them running cards, and they can pass you their junk.  I also like allowing hearts to be led without being broken.  If you can end up with the high hearts and the Queen of spades, first chance you get, lead with the Queen of Spades, then run the hearts down.  Once all the hearts are gone, it doesn't matter if someone else takes a trick.

janet

I think mine was an accident too.  If I knew what I was doing, it would have never happened.  Forgot about that leading heart thing. 

Zoomy

Hi,
    Would anyone have any tips on getting the Blue Moon badge for hearts? I've been trying to "shoot the moon" for my sister-in-law for the last 3 weeks, and i'm about ready to give up on it. :'( This is the only badge she needs to get caught up on her 05 badge album. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Zoomy

Nevermind, I just went to play it again and got it on the second hand! Finally! Thanks anyways.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview