PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 10:10:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

are you the one?

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

remember that contest back in summer the are you the one. has anyone seen the badge for it ?

pogohatesme

HotHarvest

I remember, just didnt know that it was already over. lol

renco423

i remember the phrase - but i thought it went along with "are u the one - that gets a makeover" or "are u the one - that gets to go to vegas" ...i don't remember a badge being involved

420joel

ya that was a contest with a trip as the prize but no badges for that one at all :(

420joel

how evil, pogo giving only one person the badge how rude

PogoNutz

RC

I checked the news archives and one that I can see that I think would fit this, would be the "Club Pogo™ Drive to 1 Million Sweepstakes", where anyone who signed up for a new Club Pogo account between August 16th and Sept. 12th, had the chance to win a 2006 Ford Escape. The rules say the winner would be selected on Sept. 27th, and the winner to be notified around Sept. 29th. And it says a winners list would be available by October 12th, so surely this must be plenty of time that has gone by to get a winner for this and I have not seen a thing about any winner being selected for it. It certainly wasn't announced in the news, cuz it's not in any of the archive stories, plus I would have remembered seeing that. And there is no winner listed around any of those dates on the Recent Winners page. I wonder if the winner either declined it (why, I would have no idea), or could not be contacted within the 2 weeks after notification.. and it does say if that happens, an alternate winner could be selected.. so maybe they are going thru a list of people until someone can actually claim it.

I do think I saw something back then about the winner being awarded a special badge for it, something to do with the car, but there's nothing in the news story or the rules that say that. It could have been mentioned like on the home page with the link to the contest or something. Although, there was also a "Pogo Million Token Giveaway" contest and that winner was announced as a "Margaret S." Maybe there was a badge for that one instead? I don't recall.

RC

Hmm, and that thread was started at the end of July, and there is no mention of it anywhere on Pogo's news from back then. I bet they discontinued it altogether and never went through with it.. maybe a lack of participation?

Capt. Morgan

All contestants were disqualified for auto usage.

hallowkween

this was in a pogo email i got today

Linda C. is Our 1 in a Million!   

Congratulations to Linda C., who was selected as the winner of the Club Pogo 1 in a Million Fan contest. This Floridian wowed the judges with an inspiring video that included a stunning Pogo transformation, a Blair Witch spoof, and a true blue love of Pogo. Way to go, Linda! 

Homer

Was that the Linda C. Blair Witch Project?  :o :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

janet

I got the letter this evening too.  Sorry Mr Bill and Homer you did not win.  :-\

PogoNutz

Quote from: Homer on November 21, 2005, 08:53:11 PM
Was that the Linda C. Blair Witch Project?  :o :P
Hey, that was going to be the name of the tape I had intended to send in right after I joined the Procrastinator's Club of America.  Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview