PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 08:24:12 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Funny "excuses" ppl use when they get called out about ranks/badges

Started by Blu,

Previous topic - Next topic

Blu

So I'm letting my auto run in Ride & someone calls out someone who is rank 42. They say it's because they are disabled & pogo is all she has. She has every badge, too. So I'm thinking, why even give excuses? I just ignore accusers, it's funny. The top excuses I've seen fellow auto users use are:
I'm disabled
I share my account, we play 24-7
I'm retired
These games aren't hard

Feel free to share yours or others you've seen.  O0

pogohatesme

LOL I don't even give excuses lol like everyone else, I've got it in my profile that I've got chat off, which I don't lol  and I just ignore the accusers lol I know I use an auto but who cares lol

ClingFree

I was chatting away one day .. It was umm back when we had Spooky Slots .. and somebody says "Wow Ive never seen all the Spider Solitaire badges, wtg" .. to me .. My first thought was .. Wth .. I know I am not the only one who used the glitch.  It made me chuckle, but I did try to cover - made up something really goofy about my kids being gone for a few days with their dad. sooo add me to the lame excuse category    :-[

Spice It Up

I was running an auto for poppit and people were in there talking about about how far some are in there, and someone saw how far I was and said i must be running an auto, I responded fast saying, if I was using an auto do you think I would be sitting here while it is going, I don't think so. Which I really do at times just to try to keep it safe from accuser. I am not one who lets my auto go through the night. I am afraid I will wake up to a cancelled account. Call me chicken I guess. Kinda funny though that I caught them off gaurd, they didn't think that I would respond.

pogofreak

I agree with the chicken part poppit.  I've tried it but woke up like once an hour out of paranoia.  Certain games I don't mind leaving on during the day when my "roommate" likes to play, but over night it a different story.  LOL usually I'm sitting here doing homework while it runs anyhow!! 

Anyhow, I play it stupid.  I'm just lazy and play...a lot.  That and I've got that whole OCD thingy, I cannot stop obsessing over the darned badges so I have to play, alot.  Then I thank them for being so concerned.   ;)

Speaking of obsessed, remember my paranoia post?  I just got my cute lil farm cottage on HM.   ;D ;D ;D  It feels good to get it done finally.  Now, to work on my MG badge of which I've been working on for like oh, 3 years now.   :P

Eagles Fan

I also have in my profile that alot of times when I get on I just want to chill out and not chat so the chat is off.  Lol my chat is never off.
This morning I was using auto and just happened to look and someone said hmmm silence is golden, I scrolled up and someone ask me where I lived.  lol  Just told them sorry that I don't usually pay much attention to chat.  It worked lol
;)

LVAN100

Well, I AM disabled in real life. I have no job, son goes to school all day so what else is there to do?? Housework??? NOT!!! So yea I play pogo ummm about 12-14 hours a day. I have some of the autos BUT I get bored and stop the darn thing and play alot by hand. THen get bored again and turn auto back on cause it is TONS faster :P

My pogo name is [Admin edit - Please read the forum rules] in case anyone wants to add me as friends or look at my badges, I dont care.

I am also scared to run an auto all night. I have problems with some of them and they get stuck, but Im not complaining. Just waiting to see if anyone else posts to find my answers :)

RowdyOne

The Accusers as ya are calling them amaze me each and every day on Pogo BUT one day it's going to dawn upon them that they have wasted a whole year of trying their best to accuse  and BUST someone of cheating when they(the accuser) haven't even completed one single game of rank badges.

My question is" Why would one or more people worry how others get their badges instead of focusing on what they have paid for which is to also get badges? IN short, Worry less about others and more on yourself in gettting those badge albums completed then you can brag all you want to. Some people do need to chill out and just play the games.

chunkster

Pogo's advice regarding reporting cheaters: "The best thing to do is to ignore anyone suspected of cheating and carry on with your own game..." So when someone accuses me, I just tell them flat out that maybe if they weren't busy reading each and every player's stats they'd be past rank 1, too...  one day I was playing by hand but in a game that I usually only play on auto...so my stats were pretty obvious...I was not in a good mood and someone said something about my win streak and said I was cheating.  I said, "So what if I am? Will you sleep better tonight if you report me? Go for it. I can report you right back for harassing me when I'm just trying to play a game I'm good at." They shut up.

Pogo_cheater

Eagles Fan

Quote from: chunkster on December 11, 2005, 09:36:45 PM
Pogo's advice regarding reporting cheaters: "The best thing to do is to ignore anyone suspected of cheating and carry on with your own game..." So when someone accuses me, I just tell them flat out that maybe if they weren't busy reading each and every player's stats they'd be past rank 1, too...  one day I was playing by hand but in a game that I usually only play on auto...so my stats were pretty obvious...I was not in a good mood and someone said something about my win streak and said I was cheating.  I said, "So what if I am? Will you sleep better tonight if you report me? Go for it. I can report you right back for harassing me when I'm just trying to play a game I'm good at." They shut up.
Wtg!  Really what the heck do they get out of complaining and watching someones stats. I guess some ppl just like being miserable!

SaintHiρρo

I was playing Ride The Tide this morning (ok, pretty much all day long) and there was this guy in our room who probably had all the badges so far except 2 for Ride the Tide. Anyway, people were snooping around and checking people token count when they came across this guy. He had one of the funniest profile about having outdoor "encounters" with women and how he was single and looking but the guy was retired. So the room is talking about him and questioning him and making all types of funny comments regarding his profile (not so much his badges) and we just couldn't get the guy to talk. So they finally decided to start accusing the guy of running an auto and I think they managed to get most of the room to report him. I made a few comments that maybe he had his chat off or that he stepped away but he kept getting wins so they weren't believing the "stepped away" part. They asked if I knew the guy and if I was running an auto too. I told them to look at my stats, badges and token count and ask yourself would I have so few of anything if I was running an auto. I just said that most people don't like chatting in the room because it get out of control and people should just mind their own business. Then I waited for a reply but got nothing so I finished up a rank before leaving the room. I plan on going back to see if he's still running his auto because I'm sure he was! Still funny never the less.

Madonna

Quote from: chunkster on December 11, 2005, 09:36:45 PM
I agree with you. People seem to have nothing better to do than to sit and watch stats, or my personal favorite, how often the tokens accumulate. I told people who say something about me having so many badges...over 400 to be exact...the reason I have them is because I actually play the games and don't waste my time worrying about everybody elses progress. Maybe they should go to a plastic surgeon and have a nose reduction...you know, the part that stays in everybody's business. I have actually said that and it shut them up. I will threaten the accuser for harrassment...seing as it's ok for them to do it to me. Play the games and let everybody else do the same. Some people, I swear, just have thier mouse over the "report abuse" button...seeing as they have no life...therefore making everybody elses life as miserable as their own. But...the knife cuts both ways...you report me, i report you for harassment. End of story.

LiverpoolJen

Quote from: BluRaven on December 11, 2005, 03:31:28 PM
So I'm letting my auto run in Ride & someone calls out someone who is rank 42. They say it's because they are disabled & pogo is all she has. She has every badge, too. So I'm thinking, why even give excuses? I just ignore accusers, it's funny. The top excuses I've seen fellow auto users use are:
I'm disabled
I'm retired
These games aren't hard

That is not a very nice thing to say about your fellow Pogo Game Players. I am a disabled 22 year old and find it hard to play most of them so next time please keep your mouth shut

Blu

Quote from: LiverpoolJen on December 12, 2005, 05:24:01 AM
Quote from: BluRaven on December 11, 2005, 03:31:28 PM
I'm disabled
I'm retired
These games aren't hard

That is not a very nice thing to say about your fellow Pogo Game Players. I am a disabled 22 year old and find it hard to play most of them so next time please keep your mouth shut

Well Jen, here's the point of the post...People use lame excuses for using an auto! Why keep my mouth shut? You, as a disabled person, should possibly be offended by others saying they're disabled as an excuse for their obvious auto used badge collection (every badge thus far, including 4 ride badges in 4 days). I didn't want to say before, but I'm disabled & in a wheelchair due to muscular dystrophy. I'm not offended by excuses, they just make me laugh. So, why do you use autos, Jen? Are you implying you do it because it's hard to play games due to your disability? If so, rock on with the autos...I use them because I'm plain ol' lazy! There's something about those dang badges I'm addicted to.

bubblegum

the reason I have autos and use them all the time is because I'm simply a badge ho.  Yes my hubby is disabled, and he is home a lot and he does run the autos for me and he is nice enough to babysit them.  Sometimes I'll be at work and either run the game manually when I'm trying to take a break...thats really the only time I chat during the day.  Rest the day I just run on auto.  As for my friends list, I have a long list of friends who also use autos..I'll pop in and if they don't see me come into the room, i assume they are using an auto and I go on my merry way.  As for lame excuses, I tell ppl oh the I let one of the kids play, hubby really good at that game..or some other crap.  I've never been accused of cheating but have seen other ppl accuse each other of using an auto.  Thats when I pop in and say ya know, ppl who accuse others of using an auto often are the same ones using one themselves, and that shuts them up pretty quickly.  I also tell ppl maybe one of their kids are playing and they turned the chat off cuz they don't want their kid chatting or they just not in the mood to chat.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview