This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Letters to the Editors...

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

I found this in the letters to the editor thingy today.....

Born to Win in the Future?

Dear Editor,

It was not those Award Show winners that shocked me on March 5, 2006 as I played Pogo, Eastern Standard Time during that previously mentioned Awards Show. What shocked me was your announcement that a player had won in Wonderland Memories on March 6, 2006. I looked the profile and see that she lives in my old home state of Ohio. That rules out different time zone. Does Pogo have ESP? Do you predict all of your winners in advance? Would Pogo care to explain in an honest manner what the problem might be?

Sincerely,

Ethical Player

Editor: We recently changed the way we announce prize winners in the chat windows. What you're seeing is the correct time, in GMT, which is 5 to 8 hours ahead of most of us in the U.S. (those Hawaiian players are a full 11 hours behind GMT!) So, if you were watching that Awards Show on Sunday at 8:00PM in Ohio, just as George Clooney was giving Jon Stewart a funny glance, it would have been 1:00AM in Greenwich, where GMT originiates.

GMT is considered the "international time" based on the World Clock. It's been that way since 1884. So, our prizes are announced in GMT, which often makes them appear to be won in the future, until you do the math.

foxx

Two things...

Since when does pogo use GMT?

If they think that we don't know that they determine who's gonna win in advance, they are crazy.

;)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: foxx on March 08, 2006, 03:30:50 PM
Two things...

Since when does pogo use GMT?

If they think that we don't know that they determine who's gonna win in advance, they are crazy.

;)

Actually, Pogo has always used GMT. In the past (mainly 2003) when Badges would come out, if you didn't have them by 5pm PST, it would show the next day as the date you've received the badge. They have since "fixed" that problem as now all badges show the correct date depending on which time zone you live in but I can't believe they haven't fixed that "you've won a prize tomorrow" thing... that's weird.

hades

froggielover

most of the people who win .. their profiles are BS.. leading me to believe that the whole thing is staged for the most part to "decrease" the chances of winning.. when it's decreased already right.  it's easier to fake a win and keep the money than have a real winner and pay the cash.  then they put stipulations on the winnings so they keep the cash anyways.  so whats the point??

now someone won tomorrow???  lmao.   jeez.. can i win the l o t t e r y tomorrow today?

nightperson

ya there full alright of all ppl money that get book and yearly club but we need them juat as much as they need us  :)) :))

hades

told you pogos plain cheap.theyll do anything to avoid a payoff if they can  :P

Homer

What you all don't realize is they announce other sn's but all the money has been coming to me. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
j/k

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

foxx

Quote from: Homer on March 10, 2006, 02:41:15 PM
What you all don't realize is they announce other sn's but all the money has been coming to me. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
j/k

lol Homer...spread the wealth, man!

Homer

Quote from: foxx on March 10, 2006, 04:42:56 PM
Quote from: Homer on March 10, 2006, 02:41:15 PM
j/k

lol Homer...spread the wealth, man!

Trust me....if I had "wealth" I would spread it. I'm middle class and I'm probably more generous than most rich people. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

shoes

I do think that Pogo is cheating with the jackpots--I was just in Texas Poker and they announced that someone just won in a game.  So I went to friends list and put them in as a friend and it said that that person was NOT a registered member!!  So what is that?  I will admit that I did win $10 from Pogo playing a game a long time ago and did get it in the mail about 3 weeks later, so I guess they pay the little prizes off.  Has any one tried to enter a name when they see a winner and see if they are real people??  Just wondering about this.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: shoes on March 12, 2006, 07:09:54 AM
I do think that Pogo is cheating with the jackpots--I was just in Texas Poker and they announced that someone just won in a game.  So I went to friends list and put them in as a friend and it said that that person was NOT a registered member!!  So what is that?  I will admit that I did win $10 from Pogo playing a game a long time ago and did get it in the mail about 3 weeks later, so I guess they pay the little prizes off.  Has any one tried to enter a name when they see a winner and see if they are real people??  Just wondering about this.

I have found that 1 person who I was somewhat friends with used that block all not on friends list feature and since I wasn't on her friends list, it showed that she wasn't a member. I sent her a Pogo mail and asked if her membership expired. She said no, added me to her friends list and suddently she had her "Club Pogo" profile back. Maybe that's the case here.... maybe not but that's just my experience.

RC

Uhh, Saint.. you said that a friend of yours wasn't showing up as a member, and that after she added you to her friends list that she then showed up as a member.. but you said you sent her a Pogo mail before she did that.. if you weren't seeing her as a member, with no Club profile, how is it you sent her a Pogo mail?? Anyway, I don't think that's the case, anyone who is a member should show up that way whether you have them blocked or they have you blocked, that doesn't matter, it just shows online status, doesn't take away the appearance of being a member.

I think the thing with how some say they put a name that just won onto their friends list to see if it exists or not, and it comes back as not being a registered member.. the reason for that may be, since you can't copy and paste in the Pogo chat area, you may be copying the name incorrectly. Even if it looks right.. for instance, even if it looks simple, like the name KELLY123, if it's in lowercase letters, kelly123, even though the user may want it to look like 2 L's, the name they wanted may have been taken, so they tried something similar (but not exact looking as their first choice), but instead of the 2 L's, one or both of the L's may be a capital i, which looks like a lowercase L. So it could really be KEIIY, but looks like an obvious name of kelly. Same kind of confusion can come from O's (the letter) and 0's (zeroes), although the zero is a little narrower, it may be hard to tell that, especially if the user is using it as if it were a letter, the mind just assumes it's the letter when looking at it in the middle of a word.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: RC on March 13, 2006, 12:34:56 AM
Uhh, Saint.. you said that a friend of yours wasn't showing up as a member, and that after she added you to her friends list that she then showed up as a member.. but you said you sent her a Pogo mail before she did that.. if you weren't seeing her as a member, with no Club profile, how is it you sent her a Pogo mail?? Anyway, I don't think that's the case, anyone who is a member should show up that way whether you have them blocked or they have you blocked, that doesn't matter, it just shows online status, doesn't take away the appearance of being a member.

I sent the Pogo mail knowing that her account pretty much expires the same time mine does and I wasn't thinking "oh, this won't go thru because she's not Club Pogo" so I wasn't expecting it to tell me "Invalid member" or whatever it says. It went through just fine and I got a reply. After she added me, the star next to her name appeared and I was able to see her regular & color Club Pogo Profile. Before then, it was that basic uninteresting regular Pogo profile and no star next to her name.

Corinne

I read in the pogo newsletter somewhere about jackpots..apparently if u win u can choose to not use your real screen name.... ???

chunkster

When I won a giftcard it just asks if you want your screenname to be listed or if you'd rather have your first name and last initial.

justahumping

W2G on your win.  Now we know they are really giving the cheap prizes to some real people     O0

chunkster

I've known people who have won cash prizes. Never the big jackpot winners, but I have friends who have won $700 and got the check within a month. People really do win  :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview