Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Amazing and Funny Pictures

Started by macktami95,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on April 20, 2019, 12:49:36 AM
This is a good example of how much sugar is in soda ...

Makes me glad I don't drink it.

Mayhem

Yeah, I don't drink it either.

I have occasionally been drinking Perrier flavored water. It has no where near the sugar a soda has, but still need to drink it in moderation.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Mayhem

This is a 392 year old shark that was recently discovered in the Arctic Ocean. This guy was wandering the oceans back in 1627.

QuoteThe scientists used radiocarbon dating to measure carbon isotopes absorbed by Greenland sharks eye tissue, working with sharks that were captured as bycatch, the study authors reported.

The tissue gave them a range for the sharks ages — they were at least 272 years old, and as much as 512 years old. The two biggest sharks — and probably the oldest — were estimated to be 335 and 392 years old, respectively.

Squid

So cool!  I think the Greenland sharks are the ones that move VERY slowly.  That slow metabolic rate probably has something to do with it.  Imagine that... 1627!

Mayhem

You are correct!  tumbsup.gif

The Greenland shark has the lowest swim speed and tail-beat frequency for its size across all fish species, which most likely correlates with its very slow metabolism and extreme longevity. It swims at a leisurely 1.22 km/h (0.76 mph).

Squid

Pretty cool.  Must eat... plankton?  Krill?  Other fish would be able to get away!

C~M

Mayhem

The image refuses to load :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /photos8000/photos/1251382/20190423/003140.gif on this server.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on April 22, 2019, 04:09:42 AM
Pretty cool.  Must eat... plankton?  Krill?  Other fish would be able to get away!

I believe the article mentioned that scientists speculated they went after sleeping seals.

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on April 23, 2019, 12:33:15 AM
The image refuses to load :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /photos8000/photos/1251382/20190423/003140.gif on this server.

Thanks, I know this, but wanted to make sure. I opened a ticket when I completed Sudoku Daily and posted images and they don't show either but my Avitar and siggy show so makes no sense.

They never replied to my ticket so I just opened another.

I also fixed the image.

Mayhem

Squid

Mayhem

Yes he is!

That picture is going viral Facebook - it had 10,000+ shares when I downloaded it. Here's another one that's making it rounds today :

Squid

ROFL.  My mother was the same way when I was a kid.  We would be having a fight and the moment another person showed up, her tone was all sweetness and lollipops.  Used to crack me up.

Mayhem

Squid

LOL, I'd love to be able to snuggle with the kitten!  Really!

Mayhem

Squid

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview