This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Amazing and Funny Pictures

Started by macktami95,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on September 21, 2019, 12:48:11 AM
I think it's a crow - or is it a young raven?

We had crows when I lived down the hill. Now, up here in the high desert, we have ravens. The beaks are curved on ravens whereas they are straight in crows. Both are pains in the butt on trash day. It's a bit breezy up here and they work with said breeze to lift the lids on our trash cans and scavenge for what they can find to eat. Trash ends up everywhere! My solution to that is to not overfill the can and, if possible, I put weeds and rose clippings in last (on top of the trash) because they leave that alone.

Seriously, they work in 2s or 3s to lift the lid. It's something to see. Annoying as they are, you have to give them kudos for resourcefulness.

Squid

They are very smart.  They have been shown to be tool users, too, like primates and other birds.  They go for garbage in our area, too, and I think are drawn to a specific color of trash bag.  I can't remember if it's black or white. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on September 22, 2019, 10:00:29 AM
They are very smart.  They have been shown to be tool users, too, like primates and other birds.  They go for garbage in our area, too, and I think are drawn to a specific color of trash bag.  I can't remember if it's black or white.

I've seen them fly high and drop nuts to break them open. I've also seen them pick up rocks and hit seed pods to break them open.

Squid

Nature is so cool.  Preserve nature!  Be good to the planet!

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 22, 2019, 10:50:32 AM
I've seen them fly high and drop nuts to break them open. I've also seen them pick up rocks and hit seed pods to break them open.

I've seen them do this right in front of my house. Also, they'll drop them on the road and wait for cars to pass in hopes the nuts get run over.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on September 23, 2019, 12:39:23 AM
Also, they'll drop them on the road and wait for cars to pass in hopes the nuts get run over.

That's incredible!!

Squid

Smart little things.  Like the squirrels.  I swear those critters can do algebra.

Mayhem

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on September 24, 2019, 12:41:07 AM
I really hope this is fake ...

I don't know... I've seen some pretty silly instructions on things.

Mayhem

Squid

Mayhem

Squid

Mayhem

Yes, but forget the Doritos ..

What you want is Hardbite chips. The Sweet Ghost Pepper one is amazing. Just a hint of heat .. but so much flavor!

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on September 27, 2019, 12:36:27 AM
What you want is Hardbite chips. The Sweet Ghost Pepper one is amazing. Just a hint of heat .. but so much flavor!

Are you pulling my leg?  Ghost peppers are super duper high on the Scoville scale.  Me thinks you want my lower jaw to fall off!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview