Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Help with Plug-Ins

Started by *Angel*,

Previous topic - Next topic

*Angel*

Hi,

Can someone please help me?  I have been trying for several hours to add some plug-ins to my PSP.  I am using the Corel PSP X, and I am able to download and install them but when I try to go to Effects and Plugins I click one and get a message saying something to the effect of:  "Paint Shop Pro was unable to load the requested plugin filter. The plug-in may not be installed properly or may be missing files."

I dl'ed the 2 files that are in another topic dll and something else and put them in the system folder.  What else could I be doing wrong?  I am trying to learn sparkles, and glitter and this is giving me an issue.  Thanks for any advice.

Homer

Try reinstallling them. When prompted choose to write over the existing files you installed.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

*Angel*

I did that several times, but thank you for answering. 

Shady Lady

*Angel*

Yes, I need help!!!  I tried to dl and reinstall several times.  Always the same results.

Shady Lady

Angel
I need the name of the plug in(s) you're trying to use and the name of the folder you are putting them in.  I'll see what I can figure out for you.

*Angel*

Thank you Shady.  I was trying to install the Visman and put it in the Plug in folder I believe.

*Angel*

I got it to work. Thank you for trying to help me!  :)

Shady Lady

Lynne

im having trouble with my plug ins ... it seems to be the same problem as angel was having, we are trying to use the same plug ins as she was ... nothing seems to work, fiancee would greatly appreciate some help  :-*

Shady Lady

1. Make sure that you are putting the plugin in the correct folder. This is where mine is located C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 8\PlugIns

2. Make sure you have these files in your C:\WINDOWS\system folder
plugin.dll   
msvcrt.dll
MSVCRT10.DLL
MSVCRT20.DLL

If this doesn't fix it, redownload the plugin. Sometimes it doesn't download correctly.

Lynne

thanks shady we got it working i guess we were missing the last 2 dll files u listed .. working great now

Shady Lady

TmT

Indian.... this is the directions I was referring to, hun...  I know some of these old threads get lost...

Hope this explains better...

TMT

bams68

just alittle tip of advice I learn't myself from plug-in's. Not to disrespect any one here but actaully it's not a good thing to install anything into your jasc psp software. They stated that sumwhere on there site or sumthing, but yeah I learn't it from sumone else. Reason being is most importantly is they don't allow it, but that's not why I share this with you. Important most of all is if you download and install sumthing that is a bad file, it can damage your program - so with that......I learn't that when you install a psp program, if you look in ur documents, there should be a psp files folder, that is where actaully you want to put ur downloaded things, such as plug-in's and tubes and whatever twirls ur beanie. It is very rare a plug-in would have to be installed directly as Token's pointed here. But in most cases it's best to put your things here, and you can create folders to keep urself organized...naming them what you want, such as tubes and glitters and mask, an so on. If you understand that. Not only is it easier for you to find what you need but it's easier on ur psp and it won't run so slow and sluggish. So with that......If you chose to do this - once you have ur folders created....for EXAMPLE - Plugin's.

Under ur documents in ur psp files folder, make a folder called Plugin's.
then extract all ur plugin's to that folder ( you can even make a sub folder calling sum still zipped and another sub folder unzipped) whatever helps you stay organized. But yeah once you have those plugin's in that folder an all is open and such......open ur psp, and under FILE - PREFRENCES - FILE LOCATIONS -  ur gonna get a box open up and chose from the list - plugin's...then click add  and browse for that folder you made and click ok and ok...and it will update your program when you use it. That way if you ever download a bad file, you know jus where you put it and easier to find and it won't destroy ur program as I've heard has happen'd. But much better is it won't make ur psp run slow.

Again I'm not here to disrespect anyone, we all have a different ways of doing things, I jus heard this is much better for you and also easier on ur program, as I heard it was actually not allowed to do. But hey that's jus me passing on info. Anywho jus thought I'd share this with you, as it has helped me and I hope if you use it that it helps you too an anywho who choses to do this. You will notice sum change in the performance of your progam.

Any questions, jus ask. I'll do my best to help. Just wanted to share this with you

Ur Deer Friend
bams

TmT

Quote from: bams68 on May 19, 2007, 09:26:41 AM
just alittle tip of advice I learn't myself from plug-in's. Not to disrespect any one here but actaully it's not a good thing to install anything into your jasc psp software. They stated that sumwhere on there site or sumthing, but yeah I learn't it from sumone else. Reason being is most importantly is they don't allow it, but that's not why I share this with you. Important most of all is if you download and install sumthing that is a bad file, it can damage your program - so with that......I learn't that when you install a psp program, if you look in ur documents, there should be a psp files folder, that is where actaully you want to put ur downloaded things, such as plug-in's and tubes and whatever twirls ur beanie. It is very rare a plug-in would have to be installed directly as Token's pointed here. But in most cases it's best to put your things here, and you can create folders to keep urself organized...naming them what you want, such as tubes and glitters and mask, an so on. If you understand that. Not only is it easier for you to find what you need but it's easier on ur psp and it won't run so slow and sluggish. So with that......If you chose to do this - once you have ur folders created....for EXAMPLE - Plugin's.

Under ur documents in ur psp files folder, make a folder called Plugin's.
then extract all ur plugin's to that folder ( you can even make a sub folder calling sum still zipped and another sub folder unzipped) whatever helps you stay organized. But yeah once you have those plugin's in that folder an all is open and such......open ur psp, and under FILE - PREFRENCES - FILE LOCATIONS -  ur gonna get a box open up and chose from the list - plugin's...then click add  and browse for that folder you made and click ok and ok...and it will update your program when you use it. That way if you ever download a bad file, you know jus where you put it and easier to find and it won't destroy ur program as I've heard has happen'd. But much better is it won't make ur psp run slow.

Again I'm not here to disrespect anyone,
we all have a different ways of doing things, I jus heard this is much better for you and also easier on ur program, as I heard it was actually not allowed to do. But hey that's jus me passing on info. Anywho jus thought I'd share this with you, as it has helped me and I hope if you use it that it helps you too an anywho who choses to do this. You will notice sum change in the performance of your progam.

Any questions, jus ask. I'll do my best to help. Just wanted to share this with you

Ur Deer Friend
bams
Good Gawd woman, you be trippin me out.  Why must it be about disrespecting someone... why you gotta go there.

You said all that crap to say what?  Do you even know wth you even talking about or are you rambling, like usual.  I gotta say this cuz you dont have the faintest idea what I told Indian.  If Indian come to this thread she will tell you ... I told her all that above in a PM way b4 you wrote your BOOK.

I know we all have our own way of helping... its allgood.  But Bams... do me a favor, make sure you know wth I said before you post any contradictions.  You make a fool of yourself when you say I said something when I didnt.  I PM'd Indian my advice...it's not even posted on this forum... as she have been PM'n me off/on... I didnt post one thing via direction to her on this forum.  I will tell you the main reason I dont do it...  Its always more than one way to  do something and if I post my way/idea it will cause a contraversy... tada...  I just dont do it.  Cause someone is going to always make sure they let you know they know the best way or their way is right and my way is wrong... I just dont do it...

Sharing and helping is wonderful... I love to share ... when you help someone Bams, you dont have to compare, dispute, contradict, or make a long speech.  For gawd sake jus share your opinion and leave it at that... no hard feelings but you put my name in it...and I am clearing the air...

bams68

Well that's kewl an all, but actually it wasn't really directed at Indian lover an was more so for anyone who reads this topic and it's a good tip. So I wasn't really getting in between you an Indian lovers conversation, I was jus pointing out to anyone else who reads these boards (cuz many do an don't reply or ask questions cuz people can be rude) but hey my tip was a general one cuz I had no idea this topic was here so I was being my nice an jus putting it for all to see. If my replies are to long for you - then don't read them, that's for you to decide not me. As for me addin your name to my post, it was a mere way of pointing out what you said up top, for any other to jus understand between that way an the way I explain'd. I'm not referring to anything you talked to Indian about, that's between you two. But from what was explain'd here for anyone who reads, I shared info for them to understand. My reason for posting this is hard to explain so I won't bother, but again it was not posted for Indian lover, if I wanted to tell her, I could have pm'd her about my tip. But I wanted to share that info with the whole pc's not jus a single person.
I'm not here to argue about what I post, and I don't force others to read my post either. I do write long replies cuz that's jus who I am, if that don't fly with you, well then that's how it goes. I am free to reply as I wish, as you are as well. I don't need sumone to tell me how to reply as I'm fully capable to perform the task on my own, if they dun suit you, well tough. Plain an simple......not here for a contest, jus here to share my knowledge with others and that's what I did.  :)))

If anyone again has any questions on how to add things to ur psp as I mention'd, I'm free to answer any questions - jus bare with me they might be long ( I guess that's a problem for sum *oh brother*)

Tokens, you've been a big help to me when I needed it, I'm jus sharing to OTHERS what they may not know. If I bugg'd you by it, well I'm sorry, my post was at other users not only Indian Lover. That's the reason I posted.

Ah well
Ur Deer Friend
bams :,

TmT

You cant justify startin any conversation to help someone by sayin, " I dont mean to disrespect anyone"... lmfaoz

For the rest of the crap you said tryin to justify yourself, face it... you cant!! You stuck your nose in a conversation where it didnt belong. You saw me showin Indian the thread that was buried... and you made an assumption. <Thats all.. you made a mistake>

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

TmT

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview