PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 02:28:44 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Memories

Started by Undertaker76,

Previous topic - Next topic

Undertaker76

SaintHiρρo

Wow, I forgot how much Pogo has changed over the years. That really did bring back memories.

tponka

OMG that's so wild!  I started pogo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back before go.com flopped.  (My current "member since" date is even older than that first Nov 99 screenshot, and I even lost my original go.com account when they flopped!)  I played EZ win bingo back then, and have 2 online friends I still keep in contact with from those days.  (One of them sent me flowers on my birthday last month! :) )  Then roulette came out, and made another dear friend.  We talk on the phone STILL a few times a week, and visit once or twice a year.  From all those visits, I became friends with her two sisters, and was in one sister's wedding 3 years ago.  Then came video poker, where I ironically ran into a "homeboy" I knew in high school, back in ole West "By God" Virginia.  (I almost married his brother, in fact..)  Then I got tired of chatting on pogo - tired of hearing everyone complain about their lives, and only did private chats with the "old crowd from back in the day."  It's really refreshing having this forum now, because I do kinda miss chatting online, but I just can't tolerate the BS that people talk about in pogo.

Anyway, thanks for the memories!!  <3

hades

i remember that.used to be when i only played chess

slidecage2222

LOL   I thought aol games  Became  Pogo

HypnotizedMind

i did not know pogo has changed that much!!!! O0

jakethesnake

I remember entering the trivia contest every single day and I was so bummed when they got rid of it!

krispy

Quote from: jakethesnake on May 25, 2006, 06:20:11 PM
I remember entering the trivia contest every single day and I was so bummed when they got rid of it!

omg, i had forgotten about that!! i was bummed too.

Gecko

Quote from: krispy on May 25, 2006, 09:06:44 PM
Quote from: jakethesnake on May 25, 2006, 06:20:11 PM

omg, i had forgotten about that!! i was bummed too.
memorieeeeeessssss   reminds me of a song i heard on the squawk box  not long ago

SouthPadreIsland

Remember Prime Time pitch and Trivitron - I loved those games...and I was so addicted to Word Riot in the very beginning until it changed - it's changed so much...hehehe the great pogini! :))

krispy

Quote from: SouthPadreIsland on May 28, 2006, 10:55:18 PM
Remember Prime Time pitch and Trivitron - I loved those games...and I was so addicted to Word Riot in the very beginning until it changed - it's changed so much...hehehe the great pogini! :))

now i remember word riot - i kept getting kicked out of there cuz i would not play nice. lmao

Spawn O Satan

Kinda off topic, but I used to go to a site back in the day where I could play board games with other people like Clue, Sorry, Monoploy.... believe it was www.play.games.com, but I can't seem to find them now. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Homer

Quote from: Spawn O Satan on May 29, 2006, 05:31:03 PM
Kinda off topic, but I used to go to a site back in the day where I could play board games with other people like Clue, Sorry, Monoploy.... believe it was www.play.games.com, but I can't seem to find them now. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I used to go to www.playsite.com but I think they are now www.iwin.com

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mr. Scandalous

Quote from: Spawn O Satan on May 29, 2006, 05:31:03 PM

most likely could be http://iwin.com (also known as Playsite), which that site has turned into hell when the new owners took over... I still go there from time to time, but the new owners are replacing the classic games with flash one's, so they will lose even more players - they lost around 10,000 players when they didn't sign another agreement with Hasbro games, which made them delete Scrabble, Battleship and Monopoly...

the lady who works in the main office is a total b!tch and is so illiterate... don't argue with her, she'll always think she's right.

or you might be talking about http://games.com, but that was purchased by AOL. The new games.com is called http://games.atari.com.

Spawn O Satan

Quote from: Mr. Scandalous on May 29, 2006, 06:03:02 PM
or you might be talking about http://games.com, but that was purchased by AOL. The new games.com is called http://games.atari.com.
thanks, it was the atari one! except they don't have Clue listed anymore :(
I loved that game.

simeon100

I remeber at one point that tube runner was the most exciting game on the site lol.....memories

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview