PlayBuddy
March 28, 2024, 01:29:39 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

You want to talk about brazen cheaters? Let's do!

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

Hi, Tara,
I respect your opinions, and I agree with you. If Pogo wants to catch cheaters, they certainly have their methods. I also agree with the people who say that unless a person tries to claim a JP OR makes an ass of themselves on Pogo and draws attention to themselves in some way, they are probably going to get away with cheating and not be reported by the self- appointed snoops.

I don't quite believe that you don't care if you lose your account or not, though. :)
If you didn't care, you wouldn't invest in it with time, autos, posting on a Pogo forum or forums, etc. It's OK to care about Pogo and your Pogo account.

However, my point is that if 10 people in a game room report you for obvious, overt cheating through the EA complaint form, don't you think there is a much greater chance that ALL your Club Pogo accounts will be pulled than if you cheat intelligently and don't draw attention to yourself in ANY way with other players?

I am NOT talking about me as in " other players " who would report you or anyone else, because first of all, that's not my call to make, it's not my nature as a person, AND it would draw attention to the fact that I am also a mega- cheater, but there are people on Pogo who look for other people to report. We all know it's true.

I hate it for these slot players that they can't see that they might as well wear a neon sign to attract the self- appointed Pogo police who report things they see on the site. Maybe Pogo has turned a blind eye, but I really don't think they do once someone forces their hand to look.

JMHO, and I hope everyone keeps their accounts, tokens, badges and plays happily on Pogo for as long as there is a Pogo.

IF you had really wonky stats in one game, like 1,500,000 games played in 2 months with 4,000,000 tokens won, I think that would be a pretty big tip off that you were cheating badly. Winning well, but cheating very badly. If you cleared your stats in the game with no ranks, no one would know a thing, and Nosey Nancy wouldn't report you to Pogo, would she?

Since the games I am referring to have NO ranks, why don't the people just clear their stats? It's as simple as what we have talked about here for a very long time....
If a person is going to cheat, they should make an effort to cheat well. No sense in giving away a ton of badges and hours of computer time, IMHO.
Thanks for reading. I posted this because I CARE. I'm sure there are players in other areas who have done the same kinds of things. I don't usually go to the games without badges at all, so it was a surprise to me. It was also a bit funny because I remember how scared I was about the little autoclicker thing over 5 years ago with Ali Baba Slots. :)
Back then, there wasn't much to cheat IN on Pogo. :)

Quote from: Tara on July 10, 2006, 12:51:58 PM

Anyone who knows me, knows I play 24/7 without stopping. I use to be scared to run an auto all night, not no more I'm not, I don't care. If I get caught, I get caught.  It doesn't matter if you cheated 1 time or 100 times, if you get busted by Pogo they will know it.  Pogo doesn't have to come find you and check your stats out, I'm sure they can sit right where they are and see everything about everybody.

justahumping

Quote from: nanners on July 10, 2006, 08:24:35 AM
I very seldom read profiles in pogo unless a name relates to racing <SNIP>
You do that too?  lol. If I see one related to racing, I have to read it.  I dont want to get baned from here so I will not tell you a couple that I have found   Oh well, to each their own hu?

nanners

Quote from: justahumping on July 10, 2006, 02:17:24 PM
Quote from: nanners on July 10, 2006, 08:24:35 AM
I very seldom read profiles in pogo unless a name relates to racing <SNIP>
You do that too?  lol. If I see one related to racing, I have to read it.  I dont want to get baned from here so I will not tell you a couple that I have found   Oh well, to each their own hu?
Yes I do Just.. if its related to drag racing i'm there LOL.. I even became friends with a few i've met, and thats ok about the names I don't want you banned either.

BadgeBabe

I never look at peoples' profiles either, unless they stand out in some particular way to me, like Racing does to you. :).

But, the congregation of posters in the Showbiz Slots room was so unusual, it really did catch my eye. I was getting a badge which was easy with Sleepy Slots, and thought maybe I had missed some major change to the game, but no, it was the huge number of games played in a short period of time, LOL.
It takes a lot for me to even look at a profile, and usually I am not with my computer anyway, so I don't even know who's in the room when my autos are playing the games.

I probably would have looked at the Racing profiles when #28 was active, if I was online, but not after all the horrible things that happened to the drivers associated with the team. I was a #28 fan, and stopped watching NASCAR after that.
Hubby likes Indy racing, but he has never looked at a Pogo profile, to the best of my knowledge. I don't know if he is aware that he has an account, LOL.

crazy_

Quote from: nanners on July 10, 2006, 01:49:21 PM
My auto's seldom run all night..I leave some on and when I get up in morn..they be all gone. I haven't found one that will stay running all night long

Nanners... I reboot puter before I go to bed and get an auto going and shut off the monitor .. they run fine for me.  If I don't reboot they freeze and crap   :)

crazy_

gl nanners let me know if it works for ya .. works like a charm for me !

BadgeBabe

You might want to pick another night. This is Pogo's downtime night.
Also, what rebooting does is to clear your temp. folders and cache and frees up some of your memory. You can do the same thing while playing a game on Pogo by just clearing the cache and temp. folders manually and never have to stop playing. Most computers should have enough memory to run Pogo games as long as there is a Pogo.com, LOL.

BTW, I find it's still hit or miss as to whether I am going to wake up with a new rank,a badge, or a blank screen. It may be different for you and your computer. Some programs are extremely reliable to play all night, some get hung up on something and I wake up to a black screen ( since we are supposed to disable screen savers with autos).

Last thing, you might want to make certain you have chat off because if someone tries to PM you twice, it will kick you out of the room you are playing in. Happened to me before I started running my autos at night with chat off all the time.

Quote from: nanners on July 10, 2006, 03:56:24 PM
I will try re booting tonight
thank you crazy

Mary

crazy how do you run your helper with the monitor off???? and i want what does snafu mean??? :-[

wattsmyname

I just hit the little off/on button and run my autos with the monitor off once I get the program running. I figure if I'm asleep I don't need to have the monitor on.

~Ãutolovér~

Quote from: wattsmyname on July 10, 2006, 11:25:54 PM
I just hit the little off/on button and run my autos with the monitor off once I get the program running. I figure if I'm asleep I don't need to have the monitor on.

That's interesting....I didn't know you could do that, will try it next time.  ;)

justahumping

Quote from: nanners on July 10, 2006, 03:56:24 PM
I will try re booting tonight
thank you crazy

That is what I do as well Nanners, Hope it works for you as well

Gecko

Quote from: ~Ãutolovér~ on July 10, 2006, 11:30:25 PM
Quote from: wattsmyname on July 10, 2006, 11:25:54 PM

That's interesting....I didn't know you could do that, will try it next time.  ;)

i was wondering that as well  with monitor  in s/by mode 
btw autolover ur avi itssss  soooo  you woweee   :pp   ~!~

nanners

sucess! i did what ya;ll said and it was still running this morning..thank you all for your help.. ;::

crazy_

Quote from: nanners on July 11, 2006, 02:34:39 AM
sucess! i did what ya;ll said and it was still running this morning..thank you all for your help.. ;::

WTG nanners that is great !  :D

nanners

crazy_

Gecko

Quote from: nanners on July 11, 2006, 02:39:20 AM
thanx crazy,,I couldn't of done it without all yinz's help :)))
it might even work when pogos gone down  lol j/k  glad it works    :-[

tponka

Quote from: mama on July 10, 2006, 09:15:56 PM
and i want what does snafu mean???

SNAFU = Situation Normal All F'ed Up
(originated from the military during WWII)

EyeCu

I agree with Tara, we all cheat...perhaps for different reasons but we all cheat. I only cheat when I find a hard to get badge or when I don't  have the time to sit at my computer for hours to get a badge. It's way easier to pop open an auto, than to sit on pogo and have no life. ;P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview