PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 09:51:04 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

$34.99 Is Pogo Out Of Their Freakin' Minds?

Started by gigi,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Quote from: nightperson on August 15, 2006, 06:40:18 AM
i had it one time never want it again took me 3 months to get them to take me off the account and it was free they anted to give me 3 more months i said no and never want again alot of some ppl have this problems not all some ppl love aol but not for me  :D

Way back when AOL was new, it was the best thing to happen to the internet.  It was easy to use, basically it held your hand the whole way and the software worked.  As other ISPs started popping up and AOL had to try to stay on top, it seems to me they got in way too deep because after about AOL 8.0 the software took over your computer and you had sold your computer souls to AOL.  Then came cable <the sounds of heavely choirs> and dial up just didn't do it anymore.  That's where AOL started losing it's customer base.  I'm telling you, if the only option were still dial-up, millions of ex AOL members wouldn't be ex AOL members.

zzigzzag

Standing on pogo street corner   holding sign [ will work for pogo membership]!...lol

janet

They raised the prices for AOL & CS members to $24.95 a year.  It is cheaper, but you do have to pay the monthly to AOL.

Libra

Quote from: janet on August 15, 2006, 12:30:07 PM
They raised the prices for AOL & CS members to $24.95 a year.  It is cheaper, but you do have to pay the monthly to AOL.

I haven't paid for AOL in years.. Now, it's free to everyone who has broadband.

nightperson

Quote from: Libra on August 15, 2006, 12:55:24 PM

i live in the country so i have to pay for wireless but i love it more i have been with the same company for years so going to stay with them tried aol way way back and didnt care for it now may be different  8)

david/ross

Quote from: sherilynn on August 14, 2006, 08:43:03 PM
Do AOL members really get it cheaper? Thought maybe they would change that too. Especially since anyone can now get an AOL account for free :/\
what is this is it   :))  :))

crazy_

To be perfectly honest .... don't matter the price .. I loves me pogo and me badges ... bring on badge day!  :D  Think of the money you save by not going out drinking .. ya stay home have a few and party here ... or on pogo .. your in money in the long run !  :)))

foxx

Quote from: crazy_ on August 15, 2006, 02:13:23 PM
To be perfectly honest .... don't matter the price .. I loves me pogo and me badges ... bring on badge day!  :D  Think of the money you save by not going out drinking .. ya stay home have a few and party here ... or on pogo .. your in money in the long run !  :)))

How true!  I don't need to spend $10 for a martini when I can make 'em at home for $2.00...
:/\

Runner

koaladawn

unfortunately i will pay the price also but only cuz i'm a pogo and badge addict

Kelly

Quote from: Libra on August 15, 2006, 12:55:24 PM

I dont care for all the crap they put on your puter....when I got my new machine the first thing I did was remove all things aol.....except for the aol IM....which I only use because thats what most of my goofy family uses...lol...sorry Lib...but I just dont care for them....I have cable modem anyway I am out in country too like nightperson....I just LOVE my G3 connection!!!!

Lish

Ilovemyweims

you would think that with all the people that play it now they wouldnt need to raise prices.  Ill pay it but im not happy about it.  its bad enough we pay for premiun albums

damian666

I don't think it is a bad price. Its something that lasts for a whole year and you can use it 24/7. Can't say that about going to the movies or anything else like that.

gator8_24

It is still a good deal as many have mentioned, Going out to the movies isn't cheap either and you can't watch the movie a second time.  Well that just showed my age! :))

donny36

i think it a good price even know i payed 5.99 a month 71.88 a year i never change mine off the month fee to one a year membership

fiz

Quote from: donny36 on August 21, 2006, 05:55:26 PM
i think it a good price even know i payed 5.99 a month 71.88 a year i never change mine off the month fee to one a year membership
'

That's what I do but thinking about changing.

Tara

fiz

**Incorrigible Twin**

I'm getting ready to dump Pogo - badges and all. I'm tired of them raising the prices. They'll continue to do it too as long as nmot too many people make a big stink about it. Just watch. Next year it'll go up to $40 per year and they more than likely won't slow down until they hit $50 per year. Just watch and see....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview