This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Tropical Storm Ernesto

Started by xx_mandy_xx,

Previous topic - Next topic

xx_mandy_xx

As some of you may know, we down here in Florida have our first threatening storm of hurricane season....it's due to hit tomorrow night/early Wed. morning.  The gas stations are packed...we almost saw a fight in the grocery store, and people are panic'd even though it shouldnt be any worse than what we got from katrina and wilma last year...so if you know anyone in South Florida, wish them luck!!! I myself will hopefully be back online Wednesday night assuming the power doesn't go out for more than a couple hours!  :/\

crazy_

Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on August 28, 2006, 02:15:47 PM
As some of you may know, we down here in Florida have our first threatening storm of hurricane season....it's due to hit tomorrow night/early Wed. morning.  The gas stations are packed...we almost saw a fight in the grocery store, and people are panic'd even though it shouldnt be any worse than what we got from katrina and wilma last year...so if you know anyone in South Florida, wish them luck!!! I myself will hopefully be back online Wednesday night assuming the power doesn't go out for more than a couple hours!  :/\

Stay safe and stock up !  will be thinking about ya'll down there and praying  0:

sunshine1950

Take care and be safe. I'll say a prayer for you and everyone.   0:

liebe_angel

people are in panic mode today I saw three fights over water and two over gas, lol it's getting crazy. I live about a block and a half from the convince store and all i heard today it sirens going to the store to break-up fights. I myself have been prepared since the beginning of hurricane season and I wonder why people wait until the last possible minute to get prepared? it like come on people you live in FL!!

gator8_24

I am up north central, Gainesville, and as of now it will just skirt around us, but never know. No panic up here yet.  Last year left town for only 1 'cane. so that's being lucky with the storms.

Sassy

Good luck and stay safe.  Hope there's not too much damage

:;"

hades

xx_mandy_xx

newest update...they are shutting down buses and trains at 2pm with expected winds to hit around 5pm...and NOWWWW they're saying it is a very likely possibility to upgrade to a Cat 1 with the warm waters between the keys and cuba....Aarggg. But all schools are out today and tomorrow so no school for me til next wed.  lol

bug

Sassy

gator8_24

Finally getting some rain up north, but tmw we get the  heavy rain.  I can hear some thunder from outer bands.

Ilovemyweims

crazy_

Quote from: Ilovemyweims on August 29, 2006, 05:41:08 PM
everyone be safe and please report in

yes please report in as soon as you can so we know your all ok  and stay safe ...

Runner

liebe_angel

as of now everything is quite for now there's no rain not even a thunder. hope it stays this way through-out tonight

xx_mandy_xx

well, its safe to say that this is not anything to worry about...it hasn't even rained a full hour...right now its dead as a doornail outside...apparently the entire storm broke up before it came ashore...this is weaker than some of the thunderstorms we have had over this past summer....so no worries, all should be well!!

zzigzzag

to all people in the path of hurricane our prayers are with you!!  BE SAFE!

gator8_24

Up here the 'green' on the radar is nearby, but so far no rain. We are just hoping to get some of the much needed rain. However the Carolinas will get hit by a stronger storm once it leaves FL it can get stronger over water and there are the Carolinas sticking out to catch the storm.

xx_mandy_xx

Yes, so its gone...no worse than a thunderstorm and I was smack in the middle of it.  But NOW there is Hurricane John out there which is currently a CAT 4!! So great...more worries....gr i just love floridas gravitational pull with hurricanes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview