This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Charges Dropped In JonBenet Case

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

He may not have done it, but he's a weirdo.  He likes looking the camera doesn't he?

Sassy

Doesn't he have child ****ography charges against him?   Lock him up and throw away the key

Ilovemyweims

Quote from: Sassy on August 29, 2006, 02:58:56 PM
Doesn't he have child ****ography charges against him?   Lock him up and throw away the key

i agree or cut his thing off

Sassy

justahumping

Quote from: Tara on August 29, 2006, 02:57:54 PM

He may not have done it, but he's a weirdo.  He likes looking the camera doesn't he?
Yes, and from everything that I have been hearing it is just kids that he likes looking at too. That right there is just too sick in my book...... I say  turn him over to a few people that has had something done to their kids and let them take care of him. I know from what I have been hearing (if it is all true) I would love to get my hands hold of him.  Beleive me, it would be very slow and a lot of pain involved. However, God will have his way with him

Runner

they need to lock his butt up forever, he is no good for society

xx_mandy_xx

crazy_

BOULDER, Colorado (CNN) -- John Mark Karr believes he killed JonBenet Ramsey even though "he is not the killer," Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy said Tuesday.

In a news conference in Boulder, Lacy and staff members from the Boulder County district attorney's office addressed how DNA evidence released Monday showed Karr could not have committed the killing he confessed to when he was arrested in Bangkok, Thailand, earlier this month.

Karr will remain in a Colorado jail pending extradition to California on child ****ography charges, a Colorado judge ruled Tuesday.

In California, Sonoma County Superior Court Judge Cerena Wong sealed documents, including the arrest warrant, in the child ****ography case.

Wong acknowledged that Karr is "newsworthy" but said sealing the documents protects his right to a fair trial. The privacy rights of minors involved in the case also need to be protected, she said.

At a hearing in Colorado, Boulder District Judge Roxanne Bailin ordered Karr returned to California because he agreed to extradition as a condition for being granted bail in 2001. He never showed up for court.

Bailin gave California authorities until September 13 to pick up Karr from the Boulder County Jail.

Shackled at the wrists and ankles, Karr appeared in a blue jail uniform with a white undershirt. He appeared calm during most of the hearing but grew agitated when prosecutors refused to return a photo to him -- a copy of the last known photograph of JonBenet Ramsey and her mother, Patsy.

The district attorney's office in Boulder is closing its case against Karr.

"John Karr sincerely believes he killed JonBenet Ramsey, there's no question in his mind about that," Lacy said.

She said Karr still believes, even now, that he killed the young girl even though evidence points to someone else.

"The way he told the story (of how JonBenet died), the DNA would have been his and it was not," Lacy said. "He is not the killer."

Lacy said she has little sympathy for Karr because he "inserted himself" into the case.

Lacy said that investigators took surreptitious DNA samples in Bangkok from Karr, who said he was present in JonBenet's Boulder home when she died in December 1996. He called her death an accident.

DNA samples were taken from items that Karr touched as investigators kept him under surveillance in Bangkok, Lacy said, including from his bicycle, a cup he drank from and a tissue with which he wiped his hands.

However, she explained, experts in the case said that the sample found in the young girl's underwear was a mixed sample, as were the samples taken from Karr without his knowledge.

The experts wanted a clean sample from Karr and didn't want to compare a mixed sample with a mixed sample, she told reporters in a news conference about the case.

To get such a sample, they would have needed Karr's permission, and they didn't want to tip him off that he was under investigation, she said.

Karr claimed in e-mails to a journalism professor at the University of Colorado that he was involved in JonBenet's death.

Lacy has been sharply criticized from for detaining and arresting Karr.

"The decisions were mine," Lacy said Tuesday. "The responsibility is mine and I should be held accountable for all decisions in this case."

Tara

If he believes he really killed her, hes whacked. They need to lock him up somewhere and get him some help before he does kill someone. That must be why he looks like a lost puppy everytime you see him or a picture of him.

gator8_24

he does resemble Oswald, remember him? Maybe he thinks he was on the 'grassy knoll' too. IMO he believes all this because he is a disturbed man.

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: gator8 on August 30, 2006, 07:36:45 AM
he does resemble Oswald, remember him? Maybe he thinks he was on the 'grassy knoll' too. IMO he believes all this because he is a disturbed man.

ya total freak...im glad theyre finding other things to charge him with...even if it was parking tickets...his behind needs to be behind bars....

crazy_

Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on August 31, 2006, 03:34:26 AM

ya total freak...im glad theyre finding other things to charge him with...even if it was parking tickets...his behind needs to be behind bars....

they got him on a child **** charge from back in 2001 ... he broke bail and never showed up in court .....  and they should charge him with obstruction of justice or something relating to this case. 

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: crazy_ on August 31, 2006, 03:37:23 AM

they got him on a child **** charge from back in 2001 ... he broke bail and never showed up in court .....  and they should charge him with obstruction of justice or something relating to this case. 

ah i had heard they got him with something but didnt know what...gr...

crazy_

Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on August 31, 2006, 03:44:20 AM

yeah he is a freak alright, and I thought I read somewhere he was having fun with the little girls in Thailand also, but don't know if that is true or not ... he looks weird .. that long skinny neck and too big head

xx_mandy_xx

Quote from: crazy_ on August 31, 2006, 03:45:47 AM

yeah he is a freak alright, and I thought I read somewhere he was having fun with the little girls in Thailand also, but don't know if that is true or not ... he looks weird .. that long skinny neck and too big head

HE WAS A TEACHER!!!! so only God knows

crazy_

Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on August 31, 2006, 03:47:18 AM
Quote from: crazy_ on August 31, 2006, 03:45:47 AM

HE WAS A TEACHER!!!! so only God knows

scary ain't it.  Man if I had kids he taught, I'd be nervous and grilling them with questions to make sure the sicko didn't touch them

Tara

Prosecutors Offer Plea Deal to Karr
Tue Sep 19, 8:34 PM

SANTA ROSA, Calif. - One-time JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr was offered a plea deal Tuesday on child ****ography charges that would free him on probation.

Assistant District Attorney Joann Risse said prosecutors would waive three of the five child ****ography possession charges against him if he pleaded guilty on two remaining charges.

Karr, 41, would get credit for time served and would be placed on probation for three years.

Defense lawyer Robert Amparan said that he would discuss the deal with Karr but that he still believes his client is innocent.

Amparan said the public had received a "false picture" of Karr, whom he described as a "Southern gentleman with a sense of humor."

Karr's bail was set at $200,000 after Judge Cerena Wong called him a flight risk. Karr spent several months in the Sonoma County jail in 2001 awaiting trial on the child **** charges and fled after being released.

Amparan said he did not know whether his client could afford bail.

Karr, a schoolteacher, was arrested Aug. 16 after making phone calls and writing e-mails suggesting he killed Ramsey, a 6-year-old beauty queen, in her Boulder, Colo., home in December 1996. He was returned to the U.S. from Thailand only to have the Ramsey case collapse.

DNA tests failed to connect Karr to the crime, and investigators had no evidence he was in Boulder at the time of the slaying.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2006/09/19/480317.html&cvqh=itn_karrplea

nightperson

i dont know what to think anymore on the case,but it is hard to think that was 10 years ago

underdog

Karr got everything he wanted.   All expenses paid trip back to the US.  He did a few months jail time and will now walk.  He totally duped law enforcement and the media.  I'm sure he consideres himself a celebrity now and will try to turn the whole episode into cash.  Only in America.    :-X

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview