Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anna Nicole Son's Death Unnatural

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Tue Sep 12, 7:00 AM

Authorities in the Bahamas said Tuesday that the sudden death of Anna Nicole Smith's son over the weekend could not be attributed to natural causes, but refused to elaborate.

Daniel Smith flew in Saturday to visit his mother and three-day-old sister at the private Doctors Hospital in Nassau. The following morning, the 20-year-old was dead.

News: Anna Nicole welcomes daughter, loses son
News: Anna Nicole's sparring partner dies
News: Anna Nicole cops to pregnancy
E! Online An autopsy was performed Monday. On Tuesday, Her Majesty's Coroner Linda P. Virgill said that based on preliminary findings, "the cause of death is not natural." But, she said, "we wish to reserve [announcing] the cause of death at this time," adding that a toxicology results and a full autopsy report will be released by the end of the week.

Virgill said an inquest will take place afterward and her staff will interview all "relevant witnesses," including Anna Nicole Smith, hospital workers and flight attendants, to develop an official timeline.

The coroner's statements came in the wake of a story in the Nassau Guardian that Daniel Smith suffered a "massive heart attack" and that antidepressants had been found in his system. The newspaper said that Daniel was seen "vomiting uncontrollably" shortly before his death.

Police on Tuesday sought to downplay the Guardian report.

"That's just talk," Reginald Ferguson, the assistant commissioner of the Royal Bahamian Police Force, told the Associated Press. "We have no evidence at this time to suggest that."

"[Daniel Smith] was supposedly asleep in the chair in the room and didn't seem to wake up. It would appear from our report that the mother had gotten up, saw him in the chair and he appeared to be sound asleep. She tried to wake him up, he was unresponsive and she sounded the alarm.

At a news conference Tuesday, a hospital official said doctors tried everything to to save Daniel Smith.

"Resuscitative efforts using advanced life-support protocol continued for 22 minutes without response," said Barry Rassin, president and CEO of Doctors Hospital.

On Monday, Anna Nicole Smith's lawyer, Howard K. Stern, issued a statement saying family members "do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor." It was Stern who reportedly identified the younger Smith's body in the hospital morgue.

Meanwhile, authorities said that Daniel's body would not be returned to the U.S. until after the coroner completed her report. The California-based Butler's Funeral Homes & Crematoriums said it had been contacted by the family and was awaiting clearance to have the remains returned.

Anna Nicole Smith, 38, was in the Bahamas to give birth to her daughter, whose name--and father--has yet to be divulged. Prime Minister, Perry Christie, confirmed at a news conference Monday that the TrimSpa spokesmodel had been granted permanent residency to the country last week.

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?fn=2006/09/12/230426.html&cvqh=itn_annanicole

Tara

babygurl424

harley89

Years ago there was a 17 year old that his parents found him dead  one morning. Autopsy never found a reason for his death. All the corner could tell them was he just died for reasons unknown.  No drugs no heart problems nothing. 

Julie

I think I read something a few months somewhere that she was pregnant.  Don't know what it is about her but bad luck and death seem to follow her around :-\

Luna

xx_mandy_xx

i felt so sorry for her when i heard this.....despite what a loopy person she is you could tell how much she genuinely loved her son from that terrible tv show of hers.  i cant imagine what she must feel at a time where she should be rejoicing a new birth of her little baby and now she has to make plans to bury her first born....god works in mysterious and sometimes awful ways

Ilovemyweims

Quote from: xx_mandy_xx on September 13, 2006, 09:05:14 AM
i felt so sorry for her when i heard this.....despite what a loopy person she is you could tell how much she genuinely loved her son from that terrible tv show of hers.  i cant imagine what she must feel at a time where she should be rejoicing a new birth of her little baby and now she has to make plans to bury her first born....god works in mysterious and sometimes awful ways

i would agree!!

Ive seen one photos of her pregnate several months ago and she had put on a lot of weight, since then she has stayed out of the site.   I wonder if she will still be doing thoses trimspa commercials

TayLynn

How sad it is to celebrate the birth of one child n' then a few days later having to mourn the loss of another child.

I feel bad for her.

babygurl424

tennesseegal

The baby's father was on E Entertainment tonight , said he dont think she is capable of being a good mom right now because of her son dyeing   or something to that sorts , and he is going to fight for custody .

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview