This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

2007 Super Badge

Started by badgehog,

Previous topic - Next topic

badgehog

Pogo has been so busy trying to make money with Premium items; badges, mini items, and releasing new games, they forgot to give us a challenge for the 2007 New Years badge :ooo
Does anyone know if we might have this challenge/badge coming up, or are we just out of luck on this one! :-\ O+O

fiz

I don't think we will have a 2007 "New Year" badge for this. This is because pogo made the stupid Thanksgiving badge available all the way till Christmas. It'll be probably a little while before they throw in another super badge!

swamp

we need to keep a eye on pogo  they forgetting about badges  ;:"

BadgeBabe

Forget it, ain't gonna happen unless we somehow pay for it as part of a badge album apparently.
I called Pogo again about the badge, since it is a Club Pogo tradition, like the Anniversary badges they also took away from us until we complained and complained.

Bottom line: Pogo probably isn't going to be giving out very many " super badges" in the future.. maybe just often enough to keep Club Pogo members hooked into staying with Club Pogo. They seem to think the Thanksgiving badge which stayed up as a challenge through mid- Dec. was fair enough.

I am really pissed about the NY badge. I would do X number of challenges for it.  Freaky Pogo

pogo_gamer

Yeah, What you said, Pogo is getting tighter than my  :o0

apple

u know we pay for this service and i know what i was kinda getting into when i started but as im from uk i get nothing really no jackpot etc no gems etc and anyway if u want gems u have to buy them too now they only doing badge books for pogo gems i have all books except that one and i wld like more so it not fair sorry for moaning lol (O+O)

BadgeBabe

Oh, you aren't moaning. Over at the Big Ass forum, some dude called me a bitch because I kept on about the 2007 New Year's badge. I mean 20 something people were posting about the same thing, but I got called the names.
I hate that place and I hate snooty people.

Plus I am only eating 600 calories a day and we have 2 new Bichon puppies, which have already sent our two oldest dogs to the animal hospital this week. Talk about stress!!!!

apple

hope all ur dogs are well and ur strress be over soon look after urself

badgehog

Quote from: Iwanttowin2 on January 09, 2007, 12:44:13 PM
Forget it, ain't gonna happen unless we somehow pay for it as part of a badge album apparently.
I called Pogo again about the badge, since it is a Club Pogo tradition, like the Anniversary badges they also took away from us until we complained and complained.

Bottom line: Pogo probably isn't going to be giving out very many " super badges" in the future.. maybe just often enough to keep Club Pogo members hooked into staying with Club Pogo. They seem to think the Thanksgiving badge which stayed up as a challenge through mid- Dec. was fair enough.

I am really pissed about the NY badge. I would do X number of challenges for it.  Freaky Pogo

Too take away "Super Badges" in the future sounds like bad business. Not every Pogo member buys the Premium books, and I'm assuming even less purchase the premium badges that can only be purchased with gems, with the restrictions that have been put on who can buy them.
Alot of the regular Pogo members that do not purchase the Premium items look forward to the Super badges.
I have purchased all of the Premium books, but I'm almost starting to regret it, considering that they are taking away stuff that was a tradition for Pogo!
Maybe they should have asked for members input on this matter, instead of the dumb opinion polls they have for "Which of this week's two Challenges was more fun for you to win?" As if they really care which challenge we prefer or enjoyed! ;:"

BadgeBabe

It's getting better. I don't pass out when I stand up quickly any longer, our new treadmill is being delivered on Friday( hooray) and  I'm losing weight just great on Medifast.
Plus, the vet just called to say what was wrong with our two oldest ( and dearest) dogs.
One ate sunflower seeds underneath the bird feeder in the backyard, so the bird feeder has already been moved and her, um, plumbing has been unstopped, poor litle baby, and the other one has been vomiting due to his ingestion of same sunflower seeds and he apparently got some crud in his lungs from vomiting. Not a good thing at all..

Both will be at the Animal Hospital for another night.
The puppies are coming home, so our other two adult Bichons will soon stop their death moan. It is pathetic. They are moaning like their brother and sister are lost to them forever. I dread the day when we do lose one of them, hopefully in about 10 years to extreme advanced age.

I also have an encouraging thought about the Super Badge for New Years.
I was looking at the requirements for the 2004 Super Badge.
It didn't start until Jan 4, and the requirements were:
Win ALL FOUR challenges between Jan 4 and Jan 21.

So, I think there IS hope that the snowball thowing Spike animated badge I have seen without any kind of game tie in IS the 2007 Super Badge. I think we should all keep writing to Pogo, using the Help feature, and writing to the section of Pogo which deals with game awards, tokens and BADGES.

Hugs to all,
Mandy

pogo_gamer

Yepperzz, I agree, Bombard them with tons of complaints, after all it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease

apple

glad u gettting better iwanttowin and dogs better soon too

yes we need to keep at pogo as we pay money for a crappy service as it is

BadgeBabe

Bogart and Bacall have to stay in the hospital for another night, sigh.
One is still vomiting, the other is not yet eating.. and we know when we bring them home with the two puppies here, they will be more stressed again. Dang,these are turning out to be some more expensive puppies.

Bummed to pieces about the lack of the New Year's badge, and I am about thisclose to becoming downright cynical about Pogo. I never thought I would be, but it's feeling that way more and more. I hate that, because I have always believed in Pogo, even when they took my account away and said I never would get it back. I communicated with them well and they treated me very fairly. I  showed them their mistake, got my account back and a free months service, and made a really good friend with a Pogo employee in the process.

I wonder if they had some kind of financial strategy shift just because the Mix and Match badges came out? I mean, this stuff wasn't happening just because of the Premium Album badge books...

What I WANT to think is that the Pogo employees are very young and immature and got caught up in what I call the American Holiday Syndrome- It goes like this:
Basically, in my opinion, if a person wants anything done well and on time, they should forget about it from Thanksgiving through New Years, because we are  programmed by the media to shop, eat, drink and be merry, and shop some more whether at work or at home from Nov 25 through Jan. 3rd.
The last year I worked, I think we had some kind of " bring a dish to work" or a " cookie swap day" every single day for at least 45 days. I swear, I was ready to throw myself into the floor and call myself an aetheist just to keep from having to buy cookies  or a casserole at the Boston Market and transfer the stuff  into a homemade looking server. We shopped for hours a day online at work. I came home to piles of UPS delivered pre- wrapped packages.  And I was in upper management at a 450 bed, level 1 Trauma Center hospital in a metropolitan city!!!
(BTW, don't have surgery during the holidays if you can help it either.)

I think Pogo took a couple of months off, basically. I hope they did, anyway. Maybe now they can make up for lost time, give us some Personal Challenge Marathons, and our freaking New Year badge challenge. I don't care if they do it on Chinese New Year!!!!!!!!!!! They can always say it is in celebration of the opening of Pogo China for all I care.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview