This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Who's Going to Help me learn how to add Pictures n such

Started by pogo_gamer,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogo_gamer

It was the year 2000, Had a nervous breakdown when I had a back operation that went sour and was told to sell my General Contracting Business and didn't really give a chit about anything or anyone, As you can imagine, next to my wife, My business was my life, I wasn't the sharpest tack in the bucket at school, we won't get into learning disabilities ( thank God for spell check )  Anyhow, God was good to me by giving me two strong hands and the ability to do anything in the building trade, I could do plumbing, framing,electric hook ups ect, so when I could no longer do the things I enjoyed to do so much, It affected me in many ways !!

My lovely wife talked to a few friends and some doctors and they came up with a plan..........Buy the Guy a computer  :OO

I swear to Christmas cookies, I didn't even know how to turn a computer on let alone use one and almost had another breakdown when my wife told me she had spent a little over 5000.00 for it, Oh it had all the whistles, bells and chimes, But heck, I'm not even musically gifted  :))

Well needless to say, I was after of it, It stayed in the box for weeks before my wife had the next door neighbor that was home from college hook it up, and hook it up he did, OMG, there was more wiring running everywhere than I used to wire a home !!

Printer, scanner, cam,keyboard and a dam mouse, Just imagine, I had spent a week trying to catch a mouse in our house and now we have another :)))

OK, well He gave me a few quick lessons and trust me they were quick as he was heading back to college that very evening and not that I wasn't grateful by was scared out of my mind that I would blow the dam thing up along with my house if I did something wrong  :))

Looking back on it, I was really pretty pathetic. I would walk into the room look at the computer, shake my head and walk away ( what a coward )

One day I finally said enough is enough and with a finger than shook like a bowl full of jello pressed the power button!!  O0

From that day to this day, I have never been happier, you couldn't shut me up even for that ( what would you do for a million dollars ) LOL

My depression ceased almost as fast as it came and although I was 50 and they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, I was able to once again wag my tail   :)))

Now that you know a bit about me, I must confess there is still a lot I haven't learned and would love to have some help on creating pictures, I feel so left out on some of the games where you must post pictures

I wish everyone a happy and healthy new years

NOW IS THERE ANYONE THAT WILL TAKE THE TIME TO HELP THIS DUMMY OUT ? :"

zeboo

Ok so you wanna learn how to post pictures it can be kind of overwhelming sometimes if you never posted any before I have been there done that and sometimes we who post lots forget we have all been new at this one time or another so here it goes ready?..ok first hit the reply button then you will see the browse button, hit browse that will open up to your pic or my documents search for the picture you want to post then when you find it click on picture to highlight it.hit open then hit the button that says host it. Image shack should be open now. then highlight the one that says direct link to image, hit ctrl C on keyboard to copy then close out image shack. then where you write a message click on that and hit ctrl V on your keyboard to paste it you should see something like http://image530 blah blah blah..anywho highlight that and just above the smileys there will be an icon next to the red ball looking thingy that says insert image if you run your mouse over it it will tell you what the icons are..hit the one that says insert image then hit post when you want to post picture..voila your done happy posting!

swamp

hey   PG   im in the same boat as u   my wife was about reddy to (O+O)  me  i was drivin every one nuts lol  they could not operate on me either  if they did i would never walk again thats when they found the cancer  any way  when my wife  (34years} said  enough is enough and got me a computer this was 3 years ago i didnt know how to plug what to where i didnt have no help but i found where everything went. after i had to put it in the shop 3 or 4 times   ( playin with to many buttons lol)  now i wont to learn how to put pic in  PC.when u find out pls let me know ok.   i have been watchin your post  u crack me up lmao. and one post caught my eye about  the whole package from BH next week in goin to get it all  dont know if i know how to use it but i will find out lol, ty for ue time  and my misses said keep the jokes comin lol  maybe i will see u on pogo some time  O0

zeboo

Quote from: gatorboy51 on January 04, 2007, 09:03:42 AM
hey   PG   im in the same boat as u   my wife was about reddy to (O+O)  me  i was drivin every one nuts lol  they could not operate on me either  if they did i would never walk again thats when they found the cancer  any way  when my wife  (34years} said  enough is enough and got me a computer this was 3 years ago i didnt know how to plug what to where i didnt have no help but i found where everything went. after i had to put it in the shop 3 or 4 times   ( playin with to many buttons lol)  now i wont to learn how to put pic in  PC.when u find out pls let me know ok.   i have been watchin your post  u crack me up lmao. and one post caught my eye about  the whole package from BH next week in goin to get it all  dont know if i know how to use it but i will find out lol, ty for ue time  and my misses said keep the jokes comin lol  maybe i will see u on pogo some time  O0

I posted how to post pic check it out and gl  O0

zeboo

bams68

hope the info they gave you helps you, your post had me in stitches. Sorry to hear about your back probs. I am kinda in the same boat actually. I'm still trying to decide whether I'm really turning 30ish this month or I'm really messed up and I'm actually 30ish trapped in sum 80 year old womans body. I find my past time to be computers as well and I crave to do all I use to, just to walk again without getting passed by my elders would be great, but just to even walk again would be a big wish for me as I loved walking but now walking alone is a task and they say pain is only in ur head but I dunno what pain they ever felt but I have seen my pain head on and it has got better but I'm still pretty much gonna have these side affects for life or until I can find myself a doctor who is willing to help and find sum relief for my future.
I had a son almost 3 years ago and since his birth I've been dealing with Sciatiac pinched nerve in my back which shoots pain down my legs into my feet - up to my tippy toes. This past few weeks I no longer feel my left big toe and I fear that I'm gonna lose it or sumthing...maybe not and I'm just over thinking things I know nothing about but it can be very scary. My most worst pain is looking at my son and not being able to do the things I cry over to do with him, I try my best but what can you do.

Anywho enough of my blubber and I hope you get better and hey enjoy the site and I hope you find out more about images and stuff as it's pretty fun and time consuming as well - depends on what you wish to do.

Good Luck
Ur Deer Friend
bams

nice funny post all the same...glad u still got sum humour  :/\

pogo_gamer

:/\ Thank you for the help, I best print dat out and hang on to it  O0

And Bams, I wish you good luck, Yes were are in the same boat, but playing here n on pogo does take ones mind off of things  :D

pogo_gamer

zeboo

Quote from: pogo_gamer on January 04, 2007, 10:04:27 AM
HUGS Zeboo for all your help, I am now and achiever  :))

congrats  :D I love posting pictures I am hooked on snagging and sharing  :)))  :.

gator8_24

OH, gee, I do it differently. lol I opened a free photobucket acct. I set up catagories (albums)ie separate PC pics , nascar, smilies etc. From there you hit upload,(once u chose an album) then browse thru your pictures on the puter, save it, then hit upload to photobucket. They give you 3 options as to how you add to a site, They have the [img] already on the link and u  copy paste to this site reply. . Sorry but I had a difficult time trying to figure out the other method thru image shack. I know it's because I find photobucket easy lol

zeboo

Quote from: gator8 on January 04, 2007, 12:23:02 PM
OH, gee, I do it differently. lol I opened a free photobucket acct. I set up catagories (albums)ie separate PC pics , nascar, smilies etc. From there you hit upload,(once u chose an album) then browse thru your pictures on the puter, save it, then hit upload to photobucket. They give you 3 options as to how you add to a site, They have the [img] already on the link and u  copy paste to this site reply. . Sorry but I had a difficult time trying to figure out the other method thru image shack. I know it's because I find photobucket easy lol

I use Image shack because alot of other sites can't use photo bucket it messes them up lol..Image shack is very easy once you learn how to use it. But I do use photo bucket also  :.

pogo_gamer

TY Kindly Zeboo, I will try that way as well, But tomorrow cause me poor brain is over taxed as it is today you may be sorry you all have been so helpful, Dottie from Bingo looked in her crystal ball and seen 1 million posts in my future  :)) :)) :))

Shushi

Yay for we people that are not the least bit computer savvy & have no idea what we're doing!
...here goes...  cheerleading.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview