PlayBuddy
March 28, 2024, 09:21:11 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Can you win Rainy Day Sol on hard setting? Upcoming challenge!

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

Rut ro.
How many of you can play the Hard setting well? I never have.

One of May's Mix and Match badges coming out next week ( or so) is to win 18 games of RDSS on Hard setting. Spider Fighter plays OK about half the time on easy, rotten on Regular and not at all on Hard setting... I can't win many games by hand on Regular setting at one time without getting a headache, for that matter.

With that said, Spider Fighter did get all my game rank badges, not dissing the cheat, but it needs higher octane FAST!!

There isn't a current glitch in the game, is there?

sd1619

I think that is one of the games, you can play on easy and switch to hard at the end and get credit?

IndianLover

I usually play on Medium.. I have played hard and one but I usually don't win, lol.

I will wait and see what Pogo does either they leave it and I have to work my tail off to get it, even with a little help lmbo. Or If they change it hey I will be lucky.

harley89

Whiners on you mark get ready set go  That will be changed just like the duck one was. If they complained about ducks what are they going to do with 18 games on hard

IndianLover

harley89

If people dont buy the challenge Pogo will change. Pogo loves money. You can win on hard but it takes total concentration and probably about 4-6 weeks to win 18 games. Unless the auto works on hard. Spider has been around long before Pogo put their game out.  I have played it for many many years.  You will lose a lot more games than 18 to get this one

BadgeBabe

LOL, Harley,
I can play regular Spider Solitaire, like the version which comes pre-loaded on Windows systems, but on Pogo, with 4 decks of cards, it's impossible for me to win. I don't even know why they put that option on there.
I'm not whining, as someone suggested, but wanted input from others to see if I was the only one who has trouble with the game on the Hardest setting.

harley89

My comment wasnt directed at any one here. Pogo is well known for the whiners. They whine about everything. people here just dig in and get it done auto or not.  Pogo has not come up with  a challenge that someone here figures out how to get and then shares that info.

Tara

Y'all need to read this...

Rainy Day Spider Solitaire cheat is now improved
03:23@May 11, 2007

SpiderFighter 5.4 has been released. There is a rumor, and it is only a rumor, that there could be a "Web in the window" badge that requires 18 games to be won on HARD level. SpiderFighter 5.4 can now win HARD level games better. IT WILL NOT WIN EVERY GAME. But it will win, so give it a chance to run and do its thing.

http://www.badgehelp.com/blog/posts.php

BadgeBabe

OMG!!! TY Tara!!!  :?? :?? :??

I was hoping.. had written Josh and asked if there might be a SF which played on hard setting and he was very upbeat about it. :)
IF the thing wins one game out of 10, or even 20, it's more than I can win by hand. I get bored with RDSS in a huge hurry, and the hard setting is simply insane.

Let's try it out and see what we think, then write Joshua. :)

TY, BH, for working on this for us.

BadgeBabe

:///
Spider Fighter stopped fighting-- gave up the fight before it could ever finish 1 game on hard setting... Don't think this is gonna cut it. I helped it win 1 game by using the 2 free cells and making some obvious moves it was missing.

Hope the guys keep on tweaking it. There needs to be a way for the auto to " Undo" a move and also to use the Free Cell which opens up at the bottom of the game screen.

I don't see any way to win on Hsrd setting without using Undo- a LOT.

princess

I just left the auto to play for about an hour and a half while I ran some errands.  It won one game on hard in that time.  So it will take some time but the auto is capable of winning on hard.....

Tara

LMAO...I tried to play this by hand and I couldn't even figure out what you had to do..lmao   I tried to move cards and they wouldn't even move. Does anyone know how to win?  :///   Do you match or alternate colors and why wouldn't stuff in stacks move and blah blah blah. 

As good as I am with playing by hand in other things...I can't believe I can't figure it out.  sg.gif

Mr. Rasputia

Quote from: Tara on May 15, 2007, 01:36:31 PM
LMAO...I tried to play this by hand and I couldn't even figure out what you had to do..lmao   I tried to move cards and they wouldn't even move. Does anyone know how to win?  :///   Do you match or alternate colors and why wouldn't stuff in stacks move and blah blah blah. 

As good as I am with playing by hand in other things...I can't believe I can't figure it out.  sg.gif
:)))

BadgeBabe

The Hard setting requires you to match like SUITED cards to other like suited cards. IOW, you can't move a Spade and Club together or make a meld with them. Clubs have to be in suit, just like Diamonds, Hearts, and Spades.
That's what makes it so hard.

FWIW, I didn't even buy the badge... I don't want an unfinished Badge Book and I don't think Spider Fighter can win these 18 games in the time limit even if it ran 24/7 ( and didn't get the Cripes Errors like it always has).

hrrs_g

up to 7 of 18 and spiderfighter has been running since noon today.  3 weeks no problem but this is a bit@h

:^

Tara

Quote from: BadgeBabe on May 15, 2007, 03:55:40 PM
The Hard setting requires you to match like SUITED cards to other like suited cards. IOW, you can't move a Spade and Club together or make a meld with them. Clubs have to be in suit, just like Diamonds, Hearts, and Spades.
That's what makes it so hard.

FWIW, I didn't even buy the badge... I don't want an unfinished Badge Book and I don't think Spider Fighter can win these 18 games in the time limit even if it ran 24/7 ( and didn't get the Cripes Errors like it always has).

Thanks...I just couldn't figure out what to do..I was letting the auto start it and then trying to do it...but no luck..   :((

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview