This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

iPhone

Started by Mr. Rasputia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Rasputia

So who plans on getting the iPhone this Fri.? can't see myself spending that much money on it, especially with how many "all you can eat" buffets i would pass up to get it  !@! !@!

Homer

Apple sucks. Especially Macs.  :)) :)) :))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mr. Rasputia

not big macs of course MMMMMM :pp i'm hungry again!!!

Homer

Big macs would be better if they would get rid of the bread in the middle and add another beef patty.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mayhem

I've never had a Big Mac before .. main reason is that added layer of bread (don't care for the looks of the sauce either).  ::)

On the flip side, McD's Grilled chicken ceaser deli sandwich is awesome!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

bobby

Quote from: Mayhem on June 25, 2007, 05:33:24 PM
I've never had a Big Mac before .. main reason is that added layer of bread (don't care for the looks of the sauce either).  ::)

On the flip side, McD's Grilled chicken ceaser deli sandwich is awesome!
:ooo the "secret sauce" is just 1000 island

Mayhem

Oh, is that what it is? I don't care for that salad dressing. I've only had it once a long time ago.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Sugar N Spice

I am planning on getting the iPhone next Summer.I figure let them work all the kinks(not that I have anything against kinks btw lol) out of it before I buy it,and of course the price by then should of fallen quite a bit. :)

Ilovemyweims

i want one i love my ipod photo but dang are they expensive

Tara

Apple Issues Battery Program for iPhone

A consumer advocacy group has expressed outrage over Apple Inc.'s battery replacement program for the iPhone, while developers and hackers are trying to figure out ways they could expand the capabilities of the hot new gadget.

The hybrid cell phone, iPod media player and wireless Web-browsing device launched to much fanfare on June 29. On the same day, the Foundation for Consumer and Taxpayer Rights fired off a letter to Apple and AT&T Inc., the cell phone's exclusive carrier, complaining that customers were being left in the dark about the procedure and cost of replacing the gadget's battery.

The iPhone's battery is apparently soldered on inside the device and cannot be swapped out by the owner like most other cell phones.

Apple spokeswoman Jennifer Hakes said Thursday the company posted the battery replacement details on its Web site last Friday after the product went on sale.

Users would have to submit their iPhone to Apple for battery service. The service will cost users $79, plus $6.95 for shipping, and will take three business days.

The procedure is similar to the one it has for the company's best-selling iPod players, but because some users will not want to live without their cell phones, Apple is also offering a loaner iPhone for $29 while the gadget is under repair.

**** Rosenfield, founder of the Santa Monica, Calif.-based consumer watchdog group that wrote the letter last week, contends the iPhone's battery and repair costs should have been clearly disclosed earlier. The company outlined its cellular service rates and many other features of the iPhone in advance of its launch, which drew snaking lines around stores across the country.

"Some of them might be waking up now," Rosenfield said, "wondering who they got in bed with."

Apple did not have an immediate comment on the consumer group's concerns.

ICER

Cost to make best iphone model by Apple-$256

Cost to buy best model-$600 plus tax
AT&T activation fee- $36
Penalty fee with other phone service (backout of contract)- $50-$60 if apply
AT&T services rates-$60-$120 per month (must signup for a 2 year contract)
After 300 recharges (less then a year) Battery replacement-$80  have to mail phone in (cost $7) to Apple wait 3-7 days for repair...can rent iphone $29 while you wait.
iphone gets HOT to touch..Return for refund... 10% restocking fee ($60) if the box was opened.

Buy it.....No Thanks

Tara

I would never pay $600.00 for a phone in the first place. Well, maybe if it could clean house, massage my body, and cook.   :)))

ICER

Quote from: ICER on July 09, 2007, 10:19:08 AM
Cost to make best iphone model by Apple-$256

Cost to buy best model-$600 plus tax
AT&T activation fee- $36
Penalty fee with other phone service (backout of contract)- $50-$60 if apply
AT&T services rates-$60-$120 per month (must signup for a 2 year contract)
After 300 recharges (less then a year) Battery replacement-$80  have to mail phone in (cost $7) to Apple wait 3-7 days for repair...can rent iphone $29 while you wait.
iphone gets HOT to touch..Return for refund... 10% restocking fee ($60) if the box was opened.

Buy it.....No Thanks

Cheaper iphone coming soon...read story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19682602/

If they gave me a phone for free..I still can't afford it.. :)) :)) :)) :))

harley89

Dont want any phone that lets people call me anywhere.  When I go out they just gonna have to wait till I get back

Chata *#$% up

Quote from: Sugar N Spice on July 03, 2007, 05:05:31 PM
I am planning on getting the iPhone next Summer.I figure let them work all the kinks(not that I have anything against kinks btw lol) out of it before I buy it,and of course the price by then should of fallen quite a bit. :)

Yes $200 price drop should do it, according to the latest news. Lmao at all the peeps who paid $600 even with a $100 in store credit for those idiots, it still stinks lol.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview