Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Nutri System

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Hi there!
I am wondering if anyone here has any experience, either good or bad, with Nutri System.  Over the past few years, I've become more physically disabled and am finding that I am gaining more and more weight.  It is very difficult for me to cook for myself and so I was hoping that using a product like Nutri System might help me at least stop putting the pounds on.
Being unable to do much exercise I know it won't work miracles.  Any comments?

Homer

I don't have any personal experience with it but I imagine if you stick to their plan you may see some results. I know some people who have done Nutri-System, Weight Watchers etc and they lost weight. Their biggest complaint seemed to be the food tasting bland and the portion size a little to small in their opinion. If you go with NS make sure you get the deal with the extra weeks supply of food for free. I see it advertised on TV all the time.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Thank you for the information, Homer.  I've seen those ads also, and that's why I thought of NS.  I could also just go to the store and pick up a bunch of Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice, too, I guess.

Homer

That would probably be the cheaper option because sometimes the markets have great deals on those meals.

I know you said you don't get out much but here I get my groceries delivered by Acme. I shop via the internet and they deliver it to my door for a $10 service charge.

Stinkerbell

That's a great idea, having the groceries delivered.  I'm pretty much wheelchair bound outside the house and I hate making my kids push me through the stores.  I have nerve damage in my left hand and after a few minutes of wheeling myself, my hand becomes weak and I end up going in circles.  LOL
Thanks for the input!

Homer

Here is the website I use www.acmemarkets.com

Hopefully they deliver in your area. If they don't you might try other grocers in your area.

jodi

start by filling your daily food intake with fresh fruits and veggies

you dont have to go too overboard to start regaining your health with fresh living foods

check out this site this woman has lost 102 lbs in a few months just eating smoothies http://greensmoothieexperiment.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html

or here http://www.living-foods.com/  for great nutrition info :) or here for  http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/  its a vegan board but you dont have to be vegan to get alot of great info from the place

good luck and i wish you success on healing yourself :)

just to add ive done nutri system, weight watchers , jenny craig , and about 100 other diets and once you go off them its pretty much a guarantee that the weights gonna come back especially when you are in a situation where you cant do some form of workout of some kind .. i yo-yo'd for 5 years from 120-200 on these diets  .. the only thing that has made sense and worked is to eat sensibly alot of raw fruits and veggies ..and keeping the meat products on the low side if any at all (i only eat a steak now an then as a treat lol) helped heal my crippling arthritis issues, ive been cancer free for 5 years now too which too me is a miracle in itself, bad skin, bad hair , constant ear infections, candida issues, and it goes on an on.

im still a work in progress but i feel 10 years younger and a millions times better :)

Mary

NS is supose to be real good they give you plenty of food for every week my friend lost alot of weight on NS  i`ve heard nothin but good about it so gl oh and they deliver to your door  O0

xxunluv3dlizxx

My friend did NS, she lost some weight but the minute she stopped she ballooned right back up, not to mention NS is pretty expensive about 250-300 an order, they do offer the free weeks of food thing, but you have to agree to autoship so you're stuck with at least two orders shipping to your door, also with NS you pick the foods you want sent to you, unfortunately my friend had pretty much half her sent differently than asked because they were out of supply so they just sent something else. My suggestion would be healthy choice type meals, they are pretty inexpensive, you can watch your calorie intake pretty easily, you pick want you want, and they actually taste good. Good luck!

a-drop

Quote from: xxunluv3dlizxx on July 16, 2007, 08:21:20 PM
My suggestion would be healthy choice type meals, they are pretty inexpensive, you can watch your calorie intake pretty easily, you pick want you want, and they actually taste good. Good luck!
Agree with that. The Healthy Choice meals are delicious

IndianLover

Quote from: xxunluv3dlizxx on July 16, 2007, 08:21:20 PM
My friend did NS, she lost some weight but the minute she stopped she ballooned right back up, not to mention NS is pretty expensive about 250-300 an order, they do offer the free weeks of food thing, but you have to agree to autoship so you're stuck with at least two orders shipping to your door, also with NS you pick the foods you want sent to you, unfortunately my friend had pretty much half her sent differently than asked because they were out of supply so they just sent something else. My suggestion would be healthy choice type meals, they are pretty inexpensive, you can watch your calorie intake pretty easily, you pick want you want, and they actually taste good. Good luck!

Sry for your friend that gained the weight back. But, they say that dieting isn't a quick fix that it is a life change in the way you eat. Wish I had will-power, lol

gator8_24

Tried NS and hated it! Sent it back. For breakfast there were muffins that tasted soooo sweet to me I couldn't eat them plus guess I just have a different taste in food than what they provide.   I don't like the taste of cardboard lol  Years ago I was on Jenny Craig and loved the food and lost weight. Of course as everyone says it does return, think WW is the only one where provide your own food and learn to eat whe you prepare.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview