PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 02:25:07 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Backspin settings

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

This is from Josh :

Go to the settings page and choose the "Shots To Use" tab.  Uncheck everything except "Amanda's Shot".  If you have a nice fast computer, this is your best bet for lots of strikes.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

gator8_24

edfshr

In the early days of Pogo Bowl some shots were incredibly accurate and repeatable.  I had a custom shot similar to Amanda's that was killer, got a 300 game out of it.  I even had a moused shot (cursor here, cursor there, click) that got me many 200+ games.  There were a lot of people running autos in those days (36 hours bowling without a break is a good clue). Then it seemed to me that Pogo added a randomness factor, nothing worked quite so predictably anymore.

"Amanda's shot" got me 20 200+ games out of 23 and up to 11 strikes in a game so it's pretty good.  It's a bummer when the spare is in the first frame so you know it's not goin gto be a 300 game.

It did seem to work better when there was noone else in the room.

HeavenSent

I must not have the right version because I cant find anything to check or uncheck in the shots to use, just the usual shoot from, aim toward, shot strength wait and spin and those are all sliders not buttons to check ??? :OO

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

tokiehog

i am so happy i never dumped my backspin 3.5 for the 3.8...my 3.5 is just 1 stike away from 300...i cant get even a 200 with the new 3.8...if anyone gets it to running good post seeting here so we can all try them...likes to keep the updated stuff...gl all

chummychum

HeavenSent

I just clicked on update....it gave me the new version....but when it installed it said that I had 98.9% left....and kept going down as I played.... am now at 50% and not wanting to go any further...with all my other programs, I have just updated and nothing changed - could keep on playing as before....
I will delete it and reboot and re-install - will it ask me for my registered number again.... cuz I lost that email... %%

Homer

To get a new password you will need your receipt. It should be in your paypal history.

Mary

tyvm Homer and Mayhem my backspin has not worked for months the new upgrade works fabulas i use the amanda shot got badge in no time tyvm again and bh of course...   0:

BadgeBabe

Quote from: mama on August 16, 2007, 09:20:54 AM
tyvm Homer and Mayhem my backspin has not worked for months the new upgrade works fabulas i use the amanda shot got badge in no time tyvm again and bh of course...   0:

:^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^* :^*

Mama,
I'm so happy you like the new version!! It's a great update for me as well. You are so cool to come here and give positive input.  :D

Happy cheating!
                  BadgeBabe

HeavenSent

HMMMMMMM I downloaded 3.8 before I read any of the posts - so of course 1.6 or whatever it was didnt have amanda and hook.. so in saying that, it says I have 50% left, but I already paid for it...... and am pretty sure that I don't have that email...I looked , I have them for every other program.... so should I delete it and try again.... and I didnt know you had paypal history.... I will go have a look there.... there I was all excited that I was going to finaly get one badge..
With all the others that I have, I just clicked update or came to this site and downloaded them and they work just fine... something I am doing??

:## I need a drink!!!!
~heaven~

Homer

My paypal history has every transaction I've made since day one.

HeavenSent

Ok I made it in there for the paypal history.... and can find every one of them....but how in the h >:D do I find the one that belongs to backspin.... cant find out anything..... i click on the details and it just takes me to another.... man oh man... I use paypal a lot!! :ooo

Homer

I'm not sure since my programs are free. Email replacecode@aol.com and see what they say.

HeavenSent

Thank you Homer... I did send off an email last nite to Oscar at badge help and havent gotten a reply.... can only imagine how busy he is.... Thanks for the info, I will send that email to replacecode.   :^*  Thanks so much... will hope for the best..... :!! :!!

DarylD

There's a screenshot link and post here back in June (I think).  I use only that hook shot and have gotten 4 300 games and almost always high 200's

BadgeBabe

Quote from: DDruktenis on August 17, 2007, 11:58:23 AM
There's a screenshot link and post here back in June (I think).  I use only that hook shot and have gotten 4 300 games and almost always high 200's

Incredible! I also use only that shot, and now it's programmed variant.
The  screen shot  you are referring to has the exact settings ( along with the numbers which are displayed when the shot is made) of the ORIGINAL " Amanda's Shot" as it was submitted to BH.
The shot was slightly modified by the programmers at their discretion for better gameplay on more computer systems, but still should be getting scores in the mid 200's for most users.
I can consistently get scores in the 280's with it on a new, fast computer, and also using an extremely fast cable ISP.
On an slightly older PC with a slower Celeron processor and a lesser quality graphics card, my scores vary widely from frame to frame but usually even out to be in the 180s to 210's at the end of each game.

BTW, what do you think about this? Valid observation or not?
I was in a full tourney room experimenting with shots for many hours last week, and I believe that POGO has programmed the game to somewhat influence shots. For example, I and a couple of other players in the full room of excellent players ( or excellent cheaters) had 6 consecutive strikes.
Next frame, ALL of the top scorers on the first page of score displays got a Spare.
I think, but cannot prove, that some of the reliability of play is out of the player's control at times.

GREAT post. The SS you are referring to is as close to perfect as I think we can ever get.

BadgeBabe

Buster

I've downloaded 3.8 and love it but have a few comments:

Using the Hook shot:

1.  I got 6 strikes in a row and then a spare.
2.  After the spare I got a split and second bowl missed them both all together.
3.  I then got a 8/1 round.
4.  I then got a spare plus 9 on the 10th round.

Will try the Amanda this time.

Buster

I think I got more spares than strikes with Amanda's shot but they're both great, thanks for the hard work you guys.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview