PlayBuddy
April 16, 2024, 12:58:20 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Sweet Tooth Town : Create 100 Sugar Swirls this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Correctly place 450 cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Beta Testing- new msg on Pogo Customer Support

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

I signed into EA CS to ask when they are going to release the Beta Tester badge.

Under the Beta test FAQ page, there is a new announcement. It says: "Note: Right now, we are aware that there is a problem with the Pogo Beta Test site that is preventing members from signing in. We are looking into this issue and hope to have it fixed soon."

Thought this might help for those who are wondering where Beta Testing stands. Last year at this time, Beta testing went all the way through December, as I recall.

tokiehog

tyvm for that info...i even tried the original email with the link but still could not get in

Stinkerbell

Quote from: BadgeBabe on November 21, 2007, 01:41:47 PM
I signed into EA CS to ask when they are going to release the Beta Tester badge.

Under the Beta test FAQ page, there is a new announcement. It says: "Note: Right now, we are aware that there is a problem with the Pogo Beta Test site that is preventing members from signing in. We are looking into this issue and hope to have it fixed soon."

Thought this might help for those who are wondering where Beta Testing stands. Last year at this time, Beta testing went all the way through December, as I recall.

I want to be a beta tester too, but I never see the link saying they are accepting testers. I take that back, I did see it once, and it was up for several days, but every time I clicked on it it said that they weren't currently accepting testers.  Sheeeesh

BadgeBabe

If you see the message that they are taking apps, and then you get the " sorry, limit reached" or whatever it says, exit Pogo and dump everything in your cache and Java logs. I don't know why, but it has worked for me 3 times in the past 12 months now, LOL.

I'm not even sure that they read the applications other than to make certain the applicants are computer literate and have systems which can handle all the glitches in Beta, but I fill out my applications to be as broad-based as possible. It seems that it helps to remember at least one of the main games which is rumored to be in development because they ask you what your favorite Pogo game is and why. I  select 2, not 1, and I make sure they are totally opposite types of games IF I don't know what is upcoming and likely to go to Beta.
I put things like Word Jong and First Class Solitaire ( I hate FCS, but  since they develop so many variations of solitaire, it seems to work). The 2 are totally different types of games, so I'm hedging my bets.

When I know there will be a certain type of game, like last year's Word Craft, I list my favorite as a game which is somewhat similar, like QWERTY,  and say I like it because I like fast paced word games.
Hope this helps, and hope to see you in Beta next session, LOL.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: BadgeBabe on November 21, 2007, 07:01:16 PM
If you see the message that they are taking apps, and then you get the " sorry, limit reached" or whatever it says, exit Pogo and dump everything in your cache and Java logs. I don't know why, but it has worked for me 3 times in the past 12 months now, LOL.

I'm not even sure that they read the applications other than to make certain the applicants are computer literate and have systems which can handle all the glitches in Beta, but I fill out my applications to be as broad-based as possible. It seems that it helps to remember at least one of the main games which is rumored to be in development because they ask you what your favorite Pogo game is and why. I  select 2, not 1, and I make sure they are totally opposite types of games IF I don't know what is upcoming and likely to go to Beta.
I put things like Word Jong and First Class Solitaire ( I hate FCS, but  since they develop so many variations of solitaire, it seems to work). The 2 are totally different types of games, so I'm hedging my bets.

When I know there will be a certain type of game, like last year's Word Craft, I list my favorite as a game which is somewhat similar, like QWERTY,  and say I like it because I like fast paced word games.
Hope this helps, and hope to see you in Beta next session, LOL.

WOW and thanks for all the tips!!!

BadgeBabe

Hey, we Bichon parents have to look out for each other. :)  YW, and I hope you get in for the upcoming session. Just don't expect too much. There are lots of problems in Beta, like the rooms not working, the games that are halfway fun not working, or a game staying in Beta forever like that Thousand Island Solitaire. I never got past the tutorial. ROFLOL.

FreecellFanny

Do they check your account before accepting you as a tester?  :)))

tokiehog

if they check your account for beta testing it sure is not for using autos......i got in and i use autos daily....lol

eyedoc55

someone should let us know when they are going to be excepting beta testers...so we all could get a chance to get in....would be nice..

thank you

BadgeBabe

Quote from: eyedoc55 on November 22, 2007, 04:51:47 PM
someone should let us know when they are going to be excepting beta testers...so we all could get a chance to get in....would be nice..

thank you

I'm psychic, but it doesn't apply to Pogo. Only the employees of Pogo and its parent company, Electronic Arts, know when they will be adding on new Beta testers. No Pogo player knows in advance.

IF you want to be a Beta tester, then read the announcements at the top of the Pogo home page every day.
That's what the rest of us have to do.

Queenie

nutterbutter

:OO i was accepted as a pogo beta tester but had a computer crash and lost original email and bookmarks so now I do not have login page. I have ask pogo who gave me an email for beta program but got no respose from them. Can any one help me?

dv5525

i heard there is a basge out  for being a badge tester  any one seen that ?

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Silent-Tragedies-

I've seen it before. It's a regular sized badge that say's beta sort of like in the club pogo letters and had a little meep from stellar sweeper in a little UFO. I've heard pogo is not releasing the badge though.

mr.clean

I've been a beta tester 2 times both times where a joke.   Hardly any games come out and the games are down most of the time.  2nd time they changed the link too the beta site and did'nt tell anyone.

It's like do they really need beta testers?

jamrow32

just got my msg back saying I was in the program.  We'll see if the games are good or just so-so

Squid

Quote from: mr.clean on January 10, 2009, 06:20:17 PM
I've been a beta tester 2 times both times where a joke.   Hardly any games come out and the games are down most of the time.  2nd time they changed the link too the beta site and did'nt tell anyone.

It's like do they really need beta testers?

Same here, Mr. Clean.  I'm over it all now... don't think I'll ever apply to beta test again.  Time will tell but I have no desire at this point.

Stinkerbell

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 07, 2009, 09:56:39 AM
I applied and the reply I got was "You're joking, right?"

Clearly, your reputation precedes you.  LOL, j/k, pookie bear.  xoxox

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview