PlayBuddy
April 16, 2024, 11:17:39 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Sweet Tooth Town : Create 100 Sugar Swirls this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Correctly place 450 cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Been suspended again

Started by BigFatUglyButt,

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFatUglyButt

They suspended me last year for TOS, they stated that my nick is offensive, they had me suspended for 9 weeks and then let me back in, they say other users state that it is offensive, last year they gave me back 2 weeks but cheated me out of 7 weeks, this year they have done it again and will not reinstate me until I choose a new nick.

I have asked for a refund but they state that they do not give refunds, my understanding is that it is your right to a refund, they offer you a service and then don't give you that service, then you have a right to a refund, they will not give it to me.

They also state that it is a rated E site, yep they provide links to gambling sites and also teach kids how to gamble?

what can I do appart from get a new nick which has been mine for over 5 years now?

harley89

Pogo never seems to be fair when it comes to this. A screen name should be judged for profanity or anything else the minute you choose it. If you have had it for 5 years and now they have a problem I see where you are coming from.   It might work if you pointed out that you had the name for 5 years and would be willing to change if they transfered all tokens and badges to the new name. Other than that I would not hold out much hope for Pogo to be fair. Good Luck

BigFatUglyButt

They have offered to transfer all badges etc to a new name, but why should I after all this time? I asked them to have a poll and see if people think its offensive, nope, won't do that.

Have also stated how long I have had it, stiff.

Homer

Pogo can do anything they want with little or no reason at all.

My advice. Change your name. You aren't likely to get this resolved to your satisfaction.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

~Sassy~

I would say change your screen name and avoid all of the hassle. It is like Homer said Pogo can do what Pogo wants. It will certainly lower your blood pressure...not to have to deal with it anymore.

harley89

I did check you have had the name since 2001. Sure it is not fair but we are talking Pogo. I agree with Homer if they will let you keep your badges and tokens just change your name. Its a battle you wont win 

Stinkerbell

I'm with everyone else on this one.... if the tokens, badges, etc., are important to you, just change your name.  But I know how difficult it can be to part with a name you've had for awhile.... I'd be very upset if they came to me and told me I had to change.  The thing that bothers me about this, and I don't know what your Pogo name is, but today I saw someone with a name like (but not exactly) YuckFoo.  Another one I saw was similar to BeakingFritch.  You know what the names imply, so why are they allowed in the first place?  Whatever.  Pogo has no set of standards and since being aquired by EA it's no better. Good luck with whatever you decide to do... and know that you're always accepted here.    (OO)

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on March 31, 2008, 04:31:31 PM
It seems to me that the only thing driving this is the fact that other players complained.  The name was allowed in the first place, so it's not a pogo moral issue.  Maybe this is another reason to keep our heads low and chats off.  I would hate having to trade in my pogo identity for another one.  Maybe I should shoot for DILLIGAF?  ???

Whatcha wanna bet it's taken?

Stinkerbell

I tried creating it and it said you can't use words with illi in it.  I wonder why not?  Any ideas? 

~Sassy~

:))) Wouldn't let me do it either...oh well on to dinner.  !@!
I looked up under slang on google...they don't have "illi"
I tried for the name sugarnspice before I picked the one I have now and Pogo would not let me have it, they said no....I figured out why. But it seemed stupid....'cause I was spelling spice

Magzy

So I am a lil evil, I have had 1 account for about 6 months.  I was totally po'd at pogo the day I set it up.  It is "ohmywtf"...pogo did not even bat an eye....go figure!

Stinkerbell

So when you guys have multiple accounts, are you paying for them or just using guest passes til they expire, then creating new accounts?

swamp

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 31, 2008, 06:47:30 PM
So when you guys have multiple accounts, are you paying for them or just using guest passes til they expire, then creating new accounts?
i pay for 2 but have many  %% :!#

Kyle

~Sassy~

Quote from: magzy on March 31, 2008, 06:45:40 PM
So I am a lil evil, I have had 1 account for about 6 months.  I was totally po'd at pogo the day I set it up.  It is "ohmywtf"...pogo did not even bat an eye....go figure!

I knew I liked you a lot.... :)) :)) :))

draagnfli

I was suspended once for cheating cause i had chat closed and wouldnt answer anyone so I made a few names my last one was xEAxSxUxXFace and believe it or not it was allowed I have seen some real interesting names such as IbeenBannd4Nutn but with pogo like everyone else has said u wont win it so it may be better off to just make another I was upset when EA bought out pogo and made me put a _ after my name just in case someone with AOL had my name i have looked and still it dont exist and I been a member since the beginning gl with ur complaint though

FreecellFanny

I pay for two accounts though one of them is my daughter. I use it for double browsing and most of the time I have to get her badges for her.  canadian1.gif

wildcat

i can`t understand that.
i`ve seen abusive  screennames.
many names are aggressive.
poor pogo   :(

les

:/\ my screenname could be taken to be nasty but you would have to have a dirty mind to notice  :!!

harley89

Quote from: les on April 01, 2008, 06:36:54 AM
:/\ my screenname could be taken to be nasty but you would have to have a dirty mind to notice  :!!
We do have alot of dirty minds here but never complain. I also have 2 club accounts one is clean auto free but the other is so auto dirty it will never come clean

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview