PlayBuddy
March 28, 2024, 10:42:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone else have this problem with Jigsaw Detective?

Started by bug,

Previous topic - Next topic

bug

I just can't seem to progress in any of the puzzles.
I am able to start a new case and finish the first "clue", but when I reach the second "clue" the puzzle completely different than the picture.

I've tried to look for the answer in Pogo help, but they don't offer any solutions.
I've cleaned all the files, history, cookies, restarted computer etc.
I've tried to contact Pogo for help, but the help page won't let me log in.

I'm getting frustrated and wondered if anyone has/had this problem or might have a solution for me?

Thanks

Nonnie

I have played Jigsaw Detective from 2005 and what clues are their?  Just the stuff the detective says and yes it is different their are several puzzles for each month!  I play the using Sherlock and he told me he could not play my computer was too fast to slow it down and I keep it pretty slow now it is all the way.  On hard the cheat will get them all done in 2 min plus.  I stop the cheat and wait a min or 2 cause we do not do them that fast.  The best speed I could on Hard was 7 min.  And when the cheat stops It will restart the same puzzle!
Nonnie :^* :^*

Mistyeyed

i always have trouble with this auto every month..it will do about three  puzzles and then it gets stuck on the next one..ive learned to deal with it though.i just leave room,and go to another and start auto again and it runs for a few more puzzles,then sticks again..

gator8_24

I never read the notebook. As far as I am concerned the entire case is one puzzle and play it as such

swamp

O0 my sherlock got the badge in about 45 min,maybe less i was in the pool  :!#

FreecellFanny

Quote from: Squid on May 01, 2008, 04:54:01 PM
I started my case today and on the first puzzle I got the message, "Graphics failure".  THen it told me it was unable to solve the puzzle.  Not a single puzzle is completed.  My version is up to date.  I've cleared my cache, etc.

I tested mine last night. I needed 5 puzzles to get last months badge (I play on medium). I had to play 32 puzzles before it would complete 5.

In the majority of cases the message was, "I cannot complete this puzzle please forgive me." (I'm paraphrasing here).

The rest of the time it would run normally until maybe a third of the puzzle was done and then it would reset back to the main page and start the same puzzle over again.

Once, it didn't even attempt to remove the pieces from the board, it went straight to the clue/hint feature and used up all 3 before resetting and starting again.

Playing devil's advocate here: if the problem was my computer settings or the auto itself it wouldn't complete ANY puzzles at all (or would it?) but it does make it some from time to time. I should add that up until a few months ago the auto ran smoothly and I had absolutely no issues with it at all.

Yet, not everyone is having these issues; for some the auto runs smoothly.

I don't get it. Maybe those of us that are having this issue have something in common but we just don't know what.

PogoKaz

I know it doesnt help your situation but I used to run JD as sherlock just would not run for me.  This run happily, if slowly (but faster than by hand) and got the puzzles in about 7 minutes each.  Sherlock would just sit there and restart the puzzle over and over again.
I tried all the recommended settings and I tried alternative settings but JD was the only one to work.

Then I had to buy a new computer and my 150 page was reset.  It had more RAM but the big difference is it had a larger graphics card.  JD would not work for me, in 99% of the cases it would miss a piece or two out and sit there or just restart the puzzle.  I tried sherlock again and that worked like magic even on the hard setting.

As for pogo itself, are you on about the little picture at the top that shows you what the puzzle is?  Or are you on about when you start the puzzle it tells you what the picture is before the jigsaw itself starts and that is different from the puzzle you are asked to do?

If the second one is the case I had that/similar problem when I was doing someone else's badge for them last month.  There was no progress on the badge after about 10 games.  I manually went in and selected the puzzle and did all the puzzles again (by manually selecting them) then I dropped it to easy for a couple of games and it seemed to sort itself out and get over what ever glitch there was.

Hope this helps
kaz

sami14

Quote from: bug on May 01, 2008, 10:31:10 AM
I am able to start a new case and finish the first "clue", but when I reach the second "clue" the puzzle completely different than the picture.

I've tried to look for the answer in Pogo help, but they don't offer any solutions.

I'm getting frustrated and wondered if anyone has/had this problem or might have a solution for me?

Thanks

I have been having that problem since the march puzzle came out.

bug

Quote from: PogoKaz on May 02, 2008, 03:47:15 AM
  There was no progress on the badge after about 10 games.  I manually went in and selected the puzzle and did all the puzzles again (by manually selecting them) then I dropped it to easy for a couple of games and it seemed to sort itself out and get over what ever glitch there was.

Hope this helps
kaz

That's what I mean.  I'm not talking about using the auto at all.  It never worked for me, so I don't use it.
It's the no progress after 10 games (or so) that's bugging me.
I will try your suggestion Kaz.

Thanks everyone!

FreecellFanny

I suppose I should clarify: I use Sherlock and have since day one. JD has never worked for me.

When the problems started with Sherlock I tried JD again; nothing, nada, zilch. I deleted and redownloaded both programs and tried them in both IE and Firefox. The results of my little test last night are less than stellar; in the beginning it worked so well that I got all of the badges (over 3 years worth) in one evening running the auto. Then suddenly, a few weeks ago the stupidness starts.

I am on the same computer now that I was on a year ago so I am puzzled (no pun intended) as to why this is happening now.

In the grand scheme of things it is only one auto that doesn't work most of the time so I guess it could be a lot worse. I just wish I could find out why it is happening all of a sudden.

:/\

BethR

Quote from: bug on May 01, 2008, 10:31:10 AM

Thanks

Try using the Mozilla browser (NOT Firefox), it's the only thing that ever worked for me with this problem.

FreecellFanny

Quote from: BethR on May 03, 2008, 05:40:31 AM
Try using the Mozilla browser (NOT Firefox), it's the only thing that ever worked for me with this problem.

Maybe you would be so kind as to provide a DIRECT  link to download this browswer because the only Mozilla browser I can find is Firefox. :)

Stinkerbell

I looked and looked and can't find Mozilla anymore, but I did find this:

SeaMonkey is the all-in-one internet application suite formerly known as the "Mozilla Application Suite", containing a web browser, a mail and newsgroups client, an HTML editor, web development tools, and an IRC chat client in a single software package

And I have been using this since I installed my new hard drive and it seems very stable.  You can choose which of the componants you want to install, just like with "Mozilla" and unlike Firefox, I was able to play Pogo games using SeaMonkey.

Hope this helps, my friend!

BethR

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 03, 2008, 02:05:57 PM
I looked and looked and can't find Mozilla anymore, but I did find this:

SeaMonkey is the all-in-one internet application suite formerly known as the "Mozilla Application Suite", containing a web browser, a mail and newsgroups client, an HTML editor, web development tools, and an IRC chat client in a single software package

And I have been using this since I installed my new hard drive and it seems very stable.  You can choose which of the componants you want to install, just like with "Mozilla" and unlike Firefox, I was able to play Pogo games using SeaMonkey.

Hope this helps, my friend!

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about Seamonkey. I'll have to check it out!

FreecellFanny

Stinky, I downloaded SeaMonkey and the results are good; out of six games it won 3, restarted on two and froze on the sixth.

When I got it going again the win-loss ratio was about 50%; not as good as it used to be but much better than the two out of 32 from the other night. Most importantly, I now have all my badges up to date.

Thanks!  :/\

Stinkerbell

Fanny, you're most welcome!  I'm glad it's working out for you.

Beth, I couldn't get that page to load.  Was it to Mozilla, or SeaMonkey?

BethR

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 03, 2008, 06:15:30 PM
Fanny, you're most welcome!  I'm glad it's working out for you.

Beth, I couldn't get that page to load.  Was it to Mozilla, or SeaMonkey?

It's for the original Mozilla, it loads fine for me still. I only use that for Jigsaw, for some bizarre reason that is the only browser that Jigsaw will play correctly on for me. Firefox and IE will not save my progress or load the clue puzzles correctly.  I have no idea why, all other Pogo games play fine with any browser.

bug

:OO
SeaMonkey doesn't work either.

This is where I am...
Case #21 Case of the Lost Gino
Clue: Bunch of Sausages
I hit the play now button and the picture of the sausages appears but when the puzzle appears it's always something else. 
I've tried to play on all difficulity levels and the same thing happens.
I've tried to contact Pogo for help, but that page won't let me sign in. 

What else can I do?
Could someone else try and contact them for me please?

I know that if I leave the game my progress (yet again) will be lost. 

I've tried this same case on Firefox and IE.

sami14

Mines still stuck too. I get to the 2nd clue (when the case is halfway done), and then it keeps showing that "clue" but i get various puzzles and no progress. I tried firefox and it sticks on that browser too,.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview