This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Printer Cartridge Refills

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

This is not a freebie, but it's a good deal if you don't like filling your own printer cartridges.

Walgreens has an in-store coupon for 5.00 on color or black refills. Just print the coupon.

It also tells you were the closest store that does ink is at, and what brand printers it will do for the 5 bucks.

http://www.walgreens.com/dmi/inkrefill/default.html

disneyland lady

This is a great idea for a store promo. I once bought the syringe kit to do my own and ended up spilling it on my bedspread and still have a fingerprint on my bathroom wall from my do-it-yourself moment.

Tara

I took my HP color today to get filled for 5 bucks.  giggle2.gif

jarjar

Thanks Tara printed mine out to use this weekend. Hubby and I just said yesterday time to get that ink filled before it runs out on us. Much appreciated embrace.gif

disneyland lady

If a special seems too good to be true........

I put in my new color refill and printed out some black and white documents my son needed (using the black cartridge) - only about 3 pages. Did 2 address labels in blue for my eBay sales and tried to do one pic of a haircut my grandson wanted - half sheet and in the middle it gave me the message that the color cartridge was low and it was showing a guy with a strange color on his red tshirt. Refill worked for 2 small items and I am going to call the store to tell them as I didn't even get $5 worth of color printing with it.

Let me know if you had better luck.

Squid

Sorry to hear that you didn't get a bargain, DLL .  I didn't check out Walgreens for ink because my printer is an Epson and those cartridges aren't included in the promo .  I do, however, get a good price at http://www.inkgrabber.com/ .  I get my cartridges for 5 bucks or less during sales and they last quite a while (I print every day .  It's worth checking out, I think .  Good luck, snookie doodle!

edited to say :  It should be noted that I buy in bundles of 10 cartridges. 

And what's up with all the   ?

snowflower

girls22.gif  A party pooper I am not ... quiet wallflower maybe.  The last 2 times I bought "bargain" ink cartridges/refills they got the bargain, I got poo.  The ink heads clogged up and I couldn't get them cleared - I had always kept them clean.  Finally had to send my printer in for 2 days of specialized dentistry.  They asked me on the phone, "are you using original cartridges?"  "Yes," said I," lying through my two front teeth.  "Ok, "no name brands or other brands WILL clog up the print heads.  Because it's all made the same, it doesn't suit every printer.  If you have been using these you will have shot your printer in the foot and murdered your warranty."  Thankfully. I had a few old empty originals to put back in which allowed me to smile through shining clean teeth.  Beware .. poo can be a very expensive bargain.

Tara

I did my color in my HP and it seems to be doing fine. I don't print that much with color, but I have probably printed about 10 things using color and its still going strong.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on March 20, 2009, 06:53:09 AM
Sorry to hear that you didn't get a bargain, DLL .  I didn't check out Walgreens for ink because my printer is an Epson and those cartridges aren't included in the promo .  I do, however, get a good price at http://www.inkgrabber.com/ .  I get my cartridges for 5 bucks or less during sales and they last quite a while (I print every day .  It's worth checking out, I think .  Good luck, snookie doodle!

edited to say :  It should be noted that I buy in bundles of 10 cartridges. 

And what's up with all the   ?

It's a bug in one of the mods we have installed. I will be installing an update shorty to fix that problem.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Mayhem on March 20, 2009, 12:54:27 PM
It's a bug in one of the mods we have installed. I will be installing an update shorty to fix that problem.
now known as the   bug

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on March 20, 2009, 06:34:57 PM
now known as the   bug

There is elegance in simplicity.  It's either that or the "Mayhem Broke the Forum Bug".

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview