This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Windows 7 party

Started by mikepurvis,

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepurvis

"Global Windows 7 Launch House Party (limited countries + specific languages)
"...Learn More and Apply Today!
Apply online to host a Windows® 7 Launch Party.
Choose a day from October 22-29 and if you're selected, you'll not only receive a special Signature Edition of Windows® 7 Ultimate but your very own Windows® 7 Party Pack.

Hosting a Windows® 7 Launch Party is easy.
You'll be assisted by House Party, the world's leading party organizer.

Pick a theme, then upload photos and videos, chat with other hosts, blog your experience, and download fun favors all from your personal House Party page."

Party applications are available to: Australia (UK English), Canada (English & French), Mexico (Spanish), Spain (Spanish), USA (Spanish & English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (UK English), UK (English) & India (UK English). There is an application link for each country.

http://houseparty.com/windows7

http://houseparty.com/windows7/details"

source, RagijTohLawnCar  @ slickdeals.net

disneyland lady

After all the problems I had with Vista the last thing I would ever do is try out a Microsoft program. And this coming from someone who was one of their beta testers on 98 and XP.

mikepurvis

I tried rc, and rtm, alot better then vista however still buggy.

Hocky

I thought I would apply to see if this was for real or not and apparently I made it in as a host!  I thought this would be an online thing and not something I would have to actually host at my house...but I guess that's why they call it 'house party', eh?

Anywho........I should be getting my "party pack" by October 10th...which includes:

* One limited Signature Edition Windows® 7 Ultimate
    * One Deck of Playing Cards with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
    * One Puzzle with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
    * One Poster with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
    * Ten Tote Bags with Windows® 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests
    * One table top centerpiece for decoration
    * One package of Windows® 7 napkins

Also included in USA party packs:

* One package of streamers for decoration
    * One package of balloons for decoration

It will be interesting to see if I actually get it! LOL

Squid

I still see  Microsoft commercials that tout how great VISTA is.

Me no think so.

disneyland lady

Quote from: hocky on September 23, 2009, 09:26:25 PM
I thought I would apply to see if this was for real or not and apparently I made it in as a host!  I thought this would be an online thing and not something I would have to actually host at my house...but I guess that's why they call it 'house party', eh?

Anywho........I should be getting my "party pack" by October 10th...which includes:

* One limited Signature Edition Windows® 7 Ultimate
    * One Deck of Playing Cards with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
    * One Puzzle with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
    * One Poster with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
    * Ten Tote Bags with Windows® 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests
    * One table top centerpiece for decoration
    * One package of Windows® 7 napkins

Also included in USA party packs:

* One package of streamers for decoration
    * One package of balloons for decoration

It will be interesting to see if I actually get it! LOL

Doesn't being a host mean that people will be given your address and show up expecting something?

Hocky

Quote from: disneyland lady on September 24, 2009, 05:40:04 AM
Doesn't being a host mean that people will be given your address and show up expecting something?

Yep that's why I invited close "family and friends"....you get to choose who you invite and I think the requirements are 10 guests.

On a side note, if anyone is interested......They have several kinds of parties going on all the time sponsored by different companies.  It is worth looking into if you wanna get some cool freebies. 

I wanna thank Mike for posting this topic, I never knew anything like this existed!   embrace.gif

disneyland lady

To me the idea of a "host" party from Microsoft would involve some sort of injection of silicone chips. Shades of Body Snatchers.

C~M

This event is no longer accepting host applications.

Hocky

Quote from: CrazyMan on September 24, 2009, 09:04:54 AM
This event is no longer accepting host applications.

The Windows 7 party is no longer accepting applications for hosts........but like I said there are other parties that one can host based on various interests and what sponsors have available.

Stinkerbell

What kinda booze you serving? Maybe I'll come.  beer11.gif  I know nothing about alcohol. I had to ask a friend to recommend a beer. My first one since I was just a wee toddler stealing beer from my father.

Hocky

Quote from: Stinkerbell on October 01, 2009, 08:10:48 PM
What kinda booze you serving? Maybe I'll come.  beer11.gif  I know nothing about alcohol. I had to ask a friend to recommend a beer. My first one since I was just a wee toddler stealing beer from my father.

I'll serve ya whatever ya want Stinkeroo!  Don't hafta be alcohol ! girl5.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: hocky on October 02, 2009, 07:55:22 AM
I'll serve ya whatever ya want Stinkeroo!  Don't hafta be alcohol ! girl5.gif
The perfect host! But I wanna see Stink sloshed.

Hocky

Hocky

Well, my package came last week!  Everything that I posted earlier was in the box.  I did a clean install of Windows 7 (bye bye Vista!). 

Some initial observations:

1.  You can have desktop background rotate pictures every 30 min
2.  Speech Recognition Program -- It types what you say..great for emails, IM's, notepad etc.....also opens and closes programs) very cool!
3.  Better Media Player
4.  Built in "snipping tool" which is similar to those programs like Snag it that you can crop and save anything you see as a jpeg or gif.
5.  Built in magnifier (great for older eyes)

I haven't gotten to some of the other features yet....but I do know that the autos are running fine as long as you switch your theme back to classic windows.  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview