PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 12:13:00 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

"Artemis" trojan virus??

Started by anji,

Previous topic - Next topic

anji

I wanted to try the 'When pigs fly' for Hog Heaven Slots but my AV started screaming & said it was a trojan virus - Artemis - and quarantined it  when I downloaded it    sad.gif

jamrow32

this is very common...and the auto does not actually contain a virus, and has actually been mentioned in several posts I believe.  You may just want to make an exception for the program if your antivirus won't let you download or run the auto.

Hocky

There are some AV programs that will identify the auto itself as a virus....but this is considered a "false positive"....meaning the AV program thinks it is, but it really isn't.

When you have programmer's out there that can crack programs, they alter some of the files in a program to get it to work so to speak without paying for the software registration key or having a serial number etc....

Do not worry, there really is not a virus.  I run Kaspersky on my system and no auto triggers it as a virus.

harley89

Yes false postive  And glad to find someone else using kapersky  It was recommened by a computer geek friend and I love it  Uses very little pc resources and I have had alot less bugs  on my computer.  And it has never called auto a virus 

disneyland lady

Kasparsky gave me a false positive on Red Baron which was running as the computer was being scanned. It said the Red Baron was riskware and "legal software that can be used by criminals for damaging your computer or personal data (PMD.DNS QUERY)".

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview