This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Texas Holdem Scam

Started by pogoscam,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogoscam

Why does pogo give away wins to the low hand anytime you go "all in" when playing Texas Holdem. It's such a scam, why can't they just make it fair and random instead of a scam game ?

gigi

Joe C

How exactly does Pogo scam you in Texas Hold'em? Are you saying that the River Card ALWAYS favors the low hand? Favors the low hand 50% of the time?

Is Pogo favoring all-in more than it should? Perhaps if you explain the "high" hand and the "low hand" better, we might be able to assist. All I know is that pre-flop, the best any hole cards can be expected to do is win 60% of the time.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

gigi

I don't play any of the poker games unless its a badge challenge; however, I, personally feel all games are 'tightened' (so to speak) if they are in a badge week.  The games I play regularly play fine unless it's a badge week, then I have to play at least twice as long as I would normally.  Not only that, but any game I choose to do again as my personal challenge is also much harder to win than in a non challenge.  So........................ I'm just sayin'

Joe C

Quote from: gigi on July 23, 2010, 07:16:23 AM
I don't play any of the poker games unless its a badge challenge; however, I, personally feel all games are 'tightened' (so to speak) if they are in a badge week.  The games I play regularly play fine unless it's a badge week, then I have to play at least twice as long as I would normally.  Not only that, but any game I choose to do again as my personal challenge is also much harder to win than in a non challenge.  So........................ I'm just sayin'
That is a little different. First, human nature changes our expectations. When there is a challenge, it certainly feels like many games are longer.

Empirically, measuring the time it takes to complete the requirements for a challenge with the control of the same requirements without a challenge is how to accomplish this. I have found, for instance, that Tri-Peaks "wild cards" are given out with the same frequency in a challenge week, but that in a non-challenge week, you get the first few a lot quicker than in a challenge week. This leads to player frustration and feeling "behind" for the whole challenge.

For the poker games, I certainly see more difficulty with getting good hands. Of course, since I use cheat programs, it is a minor inconvenience at this point.
giggle2.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Raymond64

I am not a member but play Texas Holdem no limit on Pogo.  I have had 4 of a kind 9 times and have won probalby about one-half of the time--too often.  i captured the screen each time I had 4 of a kind--see attached image.  I think they allow non members to win in order to get those to join.  Also, there is not doubt that the deck is stacked--too often, a pair won't win.  Too many large hands to often to be random

AustinBennett

There's no programing of the hands to favor anyone. Its random luck whether good or bad. People say what room you're in has some effect of the games. I don't really think Pogo cares that much who wins.   undecided.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview