This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New BadgeHelp Downloader

Started by chummychum,

Previous topic - Next topic

chummychum

All programs have been reconstructed. We ripped out anything that could be labeled as a possible virus/malware attack (like the toolbar).

So there are 2 options here:

Just download like you normally do, the file is now 20% lighter.

OR

Get the new BadgeHelp downloader, which you can find front and center at the top of the home page at BH

C~M

I installed the program and it has its own folder under c programs, it isn't in the BH folder with the autos. I also tried to download 2 autos thru it and it said they were downloaded so I went to look in the BH folder and the BH loader folder and they aren't there.

C~M

also, it would be nice and great if the downloads went to the desktop instead of a folder

C~M

I did find the download folder, I was looking in wrong place, lol

Joe C

I will test it out this week on a couple of programs that were causing me specific download issues. I will start with World Class Solitaire.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

C~M

works great, it gives you the version # when you click on an auto so you know if you need to update or not. it bypasses the A/V by going into a folder instead of the desktop.  I just put a shortcut on my desktop of the folder. now if BH will fix the 2 messed up autos I downloaded today, as all were updated for this release, but to give a popup error window as below:

The programs I updated that gave that popup were:

FiveOfAKind & SpiderFighter

Joe C

I was able to successfully downloaded FlightAttendant for World Class Solitaire. This is the first time in months.

It is now working on one of my computers, playing towards re-ranking out the game on my second profile.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

harley89

I tried the downloader and it is cool.  Warning nothing tells you the program is downloading or finished downloading.  Had no problem finding the file.  Now maybe SeaBall will play without stopping

C~M

Quote from: harley89 on June 07, 2011, 05:09:20 AM
I tried the downloader and it is cool.  Warning nothing tells you the program is downloading or finished downloading.  Had no problem finding the file.  Now maybe SeaBall will play without stopping

Actually when you click the auto you want to download it tells you at the bottom what version it is, then if you click download a pop up tells you it is going to download and should take from 2 to 60 seconds, then you click OK and when it is downloaded another window pops up and says it was downloaded and where to find it. I put a shortcut to that folder on my desktop for easier use later. LOL.

Also, they updated those 2 autos that were giving me the problem with that pop up.

C~M

I do have another question tho. Why aren't the autos made by Joe in the downloader? The ones that are stand alone exe autos? I still have to go to the BH site to see if they need updating.

just don

I'm just curious as to if I need the new downloader to update autos? I was looking at the bonuscheck thread and it appears that there is a 4.3 version out? Regardless if it's working or not, I deleted and updated it today the old school way and still was on 4.2?

Side note that makes me happy as a peach, Norton has accepted all 6 updated programs this past week.

slammingrose11

debdauber

How often is the BH Downloader updated???   There have been some autos recently updated and they are not updated in the downloader.   There are several programs for games that no longer exist on pogo either.   Would be nice if on the front page if the downloader has been updated and the last date updated.   

Thanks

C~M

OK, I know it has been a long time since this topic was posted in, but after at least three(3) emails to Badgehelp over the past month with no response, I am posting here as it relates to the downloader.

When I try to install it, I get the following error(See Pic):

Also, when I go to the site to download the old way, I can only use the second link, which is for Jackpot.com and my Norton blocks it and says it is a malicious site.
The reason I can't use the first link is because it never loads. (See Pic)

Homer

Quote from: Crazy~Man on July 24, 2012, 10:51:49 AM
OK, I know it has been a long time since this topic was posted in, but after at least three(3) emails to Badgehelp over the past month with no response, I am posting here as it relates to the downloader.

Also, when I go to the site to download the old way, I can only use the second link, which is for Jackpot.com and my Norton blocks it and says it is a malicious site.

I'm a little busy right now but when I get a chance later tonight I'll see if I can download it and attach it somehow in the forum

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

Quote from: Crazy~Man on July 24, 2012, 10:51:49 AM

All I get is an install now option sorry

C~M

Quote from: Homer on July 24, 2012, 07:46:37 PM
All I get is an install now option sorry

Actually if you click yes, I think it gives you an option to download or just to run it. When I installed it the last time I saved to my desktop.

Homer

Quote from: Crazy~Man on July 24, 2012, 08:40:01 PM
Actually if you click yes, I think it gives you an option to download or just to run it. When I installed it the last time I saved to my desktop.

I'll try again when I get home my work connection gets wonky on downloads

Homer

Quote from: Crazy~Man on July 24, 2012, 08:40:01 PM

No option to download just went straight to installation which it did

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview