PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 04:46:17 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Big, Soft Ginger Cookies

Started by Shushi,

Previous topic - Next topic

Shushi

Before I start, these are similar to but easier & less time consuming than the dipped chocolate chip cookies, I promise!  I found this recipe online & modified the spice measurements some but the recipe below is the original, I just included my changes in parenthesis next to or below each changed ingredient or step.  Bakers beware, I like a spicy ginger cookie!

2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger  (I use 3tsp)
1 teaspoon baking soda  (I use 2tsp to aid in puffiness!)
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon  (I use 2tsp)
1/4 teaspoon clove  (I use 1tsp)
1/4 teaspoon salt  (I omitted the salt, as the additional baking soda gives enough saltiness)
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 egg  
1/4 cup molasses
(I added 2tsp pure vanilla extract)
Additional 1/4 cup sugar for coating

1 Combine flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.

2 Beat butter 30 seconds, until soft.

3 Add sugar and beat until fluffy.

4 Add egg and molasses and beat well.  (add vanilla in this step as well)

5 Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir in, then stir in the rest of the flour mixture.  (unless you're making king cake *which calls for 6 c. flour*, just dump the whole flour mixture in, they're just cookies, they can take it!)

6 The dough should be at a consistency that you can roll it with your hands into balls. I often have to add quite a bit more flour.  (I didn't add more flour, but it won't hurt if you do.  Additional flour usually just makes things a little denser & in the case of cookies, that's not a bad thing.)

7 Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in sugar.  (I rolled 'em a bit bigger)

8 Place cookes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Do not brown! The cookies should be almost underbaked in the middle.  (If the idea of accidentally underbaking them makes you uncomfortable, go ahead & bake for 10-12 minutes or until there is ever so faint browning on the tops of your cookies.  They will stay soft, no worries!  If you're like me & don't mind a doughy middle in your cookies, bake 'em for 8 minutes!)

9 Let, cool 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in cookie tins.  (NOOO!!  YOU MUST EAT THEM IMMEDIATELY AFTER REMOVING THEM FROM THE OVEN!!  No, I'm just kidding, don't do that   giggle2.gif  Let 'em cool then enjoy with milk, tea, or coffee like I plan to do right now.)

~Shu

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview