PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 02:34:48 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

DNS Changer Virus

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

This is just a reminder that the government is getting ready to turn off / block the hackers computers in the next week or so. If you haven't checked recently or at all, you should and need to go to www.dns-ok.us and have it check your computer. It takes just a second to do, but if you don't do it and you have the virus, when they turn off the hackers computers you won't be able to get online ever unless you either take it to a professional or probably do a Factory Restore.

DNS Changer Check-Up

DNS Resolution = GREEN

Your computer appears to be looking up IP addresses correctly!

Had your computer been infected with DNS changer malware you would have seen a red background. 

harley89

Mine checks out okay. Just wondering.  Sometimes I use VPN software when on the net.  Could their servers get shut down?  My laptop runs faster on their servers than my DSL servers

C~M

Only if VPN are the hackers or their system got the DNS changer. If you went to that site, there was a link at the bottom below the results that would take you to the FBI site to learn more about what has been fone and what will be done. (I think)

Squid

I checked both my puters last week and they are both in good shape.  I hate the disclaimer, though: 

Please note, however, that if your ISP is redirecting DNS traffic for its customers you would have reached this site even though you are infected. For additional information regarding the DNS changer malware, please visit the FBI's website at:
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview