Main Menu

ERNEST BORGNINE DEAD AT 95

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

crying10.gif crying10.gif crying10.gif

ERNEST BORGNINE DEAD AT 95

BREAKING NEWS

Ernest Borgnine, the legendary actor perhaps best known for his role in the movie "Marty," passed away today at the age of 95.

His longtime spokesman, Harry Flynn, told The Associated Press that Borgnine died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with his family by his side.

Borgnine won an Oscar for "Marty" in 1955 and also starred in movies such as "From Here to Eternity" and "Bad Day at Black Rock."

On the small screen, Borgnine played Quinton McHale in the 1960s show "McHale's Navy."

Borgnine served a total of 10 years in the United States Navy, the last four coming after he re-enlisted when the U.S. entered World War II.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

angel19.gif angel19.gif  I loved watching him act!  Loved him in McHale's Navy & Airwolf both.  Loved his role in "The Poseidon Adventure".  Thats 2 great wonderful actors we've lost this week!! 

Homer

I hope they have a McHale's Navy marathon.

They should bury him in the Aleutian Islands since Wally (Captain Binghamton) was always threatening to send him there.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

They probably will, I hope so anyway! lol  Also Airwolf, I loved that show too!  I can't believe he was married 5 times, wow!  giggle2.gif

bobby

if you want to see him at his best, try to find the mystery science theater 3000 classic, merlin's shop of mystical wonders

Squid

I never saw Airwolf but I remember him in the McHale's Navy syndicated reruns.  I saw "Marty" for the first time about 5 years ago and thought he was great in it.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for Merlin's Shop, Bobby.  Is there any chance I'll find it on cable?

gran2x2

My daughter just reminded me he was mermaid mans voice for SpongeBob too...Sure tells my age when my childhood and teen year favorite stars begin to pass away..Those were the good old days before sex and violence took over tv...Just good funny happy shows.... popcorn2.gif   6_6.gif
Here's to Andy and Ernie...  beer11.gif... I will miss your style but Thanks  tumbsup.gif for the memories...

harley89

Great actor. But I will miss Mermaid Man  But Sponge Bob is re run a lot so I will still get to hear E VIL. 

MsMissy

I also remember him in Mchales Navy & Airwolf, but also The Posidon Adventure, The Dirty Dozen& another movis made in the Depression era where he was a mean conductor who hurt any hobo's who tried to get on his train. LeeMarvin & Keith Carridine where the 2 hobo,s. I cant rememeber the title of that movie though. I didnt no he was married 5 times & & when i heard it on the news i was shocked, as he didnt seem the type.anyway , we lost 2 great actors this week& they both will be missed.
       Rest in Peace  Ernie  angel19.gif  6_6.gif

gran2x2

He also had a huge part in the final E.R. episode where his wife died...  6_6.gif I bawled like a baby with an empty tummy and a dirty diaper. girls18.gif

If you never saw it ..it is worth finding and watching online...Ernie was awesome!!!!  cheesy.gif

snowflower

blink.gif Yes, he really was .. and he will be missed by many!

CindyLouWho

Quote from: gran2x2 on July 09, 2012, 11:33:26 AM
He also had a huge part in the final E.R. episode where his wife died...  6_6.gif I bawled like a baby with an empty tummy and a dirty diaper. girls18.gif

If you never saw it ..it is worth finding and watching online...Ernie was awesome!!!!  cheesy.gif

Oh I never seen that but I want to!  Thanks!!  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview