PlayBuddy
April 15, 2024, 11:53:31 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Sweet Tooth Town : Create 100 Sugar Swirls this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Correctly place 450 cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

'Dancing with the Stars' All-Stars

Started by CindyLouWho,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

ABC announced the lineup today for Dancing with the Stars: All Stars, which bows Sept. 24.

And they are:

Pamela Anderson (season 10, withdrew after fourth round)

Emmitt Smith (season 3, winner)

Kelly Monaco (season 1, winner)

Shawn Johnson (season 8, champion)

Melissa Rycroft (season 8, third place)

Joey Fatone (season 4, second place)

Drew Lachey (season 2, winner)

Bristol Palin (season 11, third place)

Kirstie Alley (season 12, second place)

Helio Castroneves (season 5, winner)

Gilles Marini (season 8, second place)

Apolo Ohno (season four, champion)

In addition, viewers will choose the 13th dancer out of a pool of three: Kyle Massey, Sabrina Bryan, and Carson Kressley. Fans have until Aug. 24 to make their selections on ABC.com.

"We got the best of the best," Executive Producer Conrad Green told reporters Friday in Beverly Hills. "We got the best personalities, the best dancers. We had a wish list and we pretty much got the wish list. All were willing to take part. It's a testament to how much they enjoyed doing it. This is our version of the Avengers. We tried to focus on the people who went further in the competition, who had the most ability. It will be an intensely competitive season."

Mistyeyed

even though i like some of the returning people,im starting to get tired of this show,the past season i hardly watched any of the shows..i think it is time to put it to bed..

Squid

At least the returning people are people with real dancing talent.  It might be an upgrade.

CindyLouWho

There is 2 of them I really don't like so hope they get off quick   giggle2.gif  The others it don't really matter to me who wins but am glad to see several back that hasn't been on for long time, especially Kelly Monaco & Emmitt Smith!  Hope Drew Lachey does his "cowboy" dance again   hysterical.gif

Squid

At risk of inciting a riot.... I didn't think Emmitt should've won.  There... I said it.  Yes, he can dance but he should have taken 2nd place.

Mistyeyed

lots of the time its just popularity i think as to who wins...if they get rid of bristol palin and pamela anderson,the rest of the group is okay...i just read online somewhere that derek hough is hanging up his dance shoes..show is going downhill for sure now..

CindyLouWho

OK here's who the "so-called stars" are partnered up with.....

PARTNERED IN THE PAST:

Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke (season 3)
Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson (season 4)
Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani (season 8)
Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas (season 11)
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy (season 12)

NEW PAIRINGS:

Kelly Monaco (season 1) and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Drew Lachey (season 2) and Anna Trebunskaya
Apolo Anton Ohno (season 4) and Karina Smirnoff
Helio Castroneves (season 5) and Chelsie Hightower
Gilles Marini (season 8) and Peta Murgatroyd
Shawn Johnson (season 8) and Derek Hough
Pamela Anderson (season 10) and Tristan MacManus

We're still waiting to hear about that Wild Card Spot: Sabrina Bryan, Kyle Massey, or Carson Kressley will sneak in at the last minute after a month-long Viewer Vote (go to abc.com). 

Squid

That probably translates to Carson coming back.  He had humorous moments but he can't dance and I grew tired of the dramatic flamboyance.  I'd like to see this "reunion" show be made up of people with real dancing talent.  They did ok with the line-up but Bristol and Pamela should go, too.  I'd like to simply see a high level of competition.

CindyLouWho

I don't really care who gets the wild card spot.   They're probably gonna put in there who they want anyway.   giggle2.gif  I don't think that Melissa Rycroft should be on there either cause she was from a reality show & I don't consider her a star although she was a good dancer so maybe Tony has a chance this time.   dancing16.gif

CindyLouWho

Sabrina Bryan won the Dancing With the Stars' viewers' choice vote, she'll be partnering with Louis van Amstel.   dancing16.gif

She was a very good dancer when she was on before & should've been on this time instead of being voted in. 

Squid

Quote from: CindyLouWho on August 27, 2012, 10:06:18 AM
She was a very good dancer when she was on before & should've been on this time instead of being voted in. 

You're right, CindyLou.  I remember the episode in which she was ousted.  I was so surprised (as was she) and I'm glad she gets another chance.  The girl can dance.

Mistyeyed

i see derek hough is being paired with someone,i read somewhere he was hanging up his dancing shoes..maybe the pay drew him back to the show..

Squid

I think that kind of dancing, for that many hours each week, wreaks havoc on your joints.  I heard he was stopping, too.  You're right, though, the cash probably drew him back.  Heck!  Give me a nice paycheck... I shake it for ya, too!

CindyLouWho

CindyLouWho

I think Pam Anderson will be the 1st voted off tonight.   dancing16.gif popcorn2.gif

Mistyeyed

the judges were praising bristol last week,maybe i was watching someone else,but i didnt think she did so hot..

Falcon!

Quote from: Mistyeyed on September 29, 2012, 05:59:34 AM
the judges were praising bristol last week,maybe i was watching someone else,but i didnt think she did so hot..
I didn't think she did good either.

gran2x2

Quote from: Squid on July 29, 2012, 06:16:48 PM
At risk of inciting a riot.... I didn't think Emmitt should've won.  There... I said it.  Yes, he can dance but he should have taken 2nd place.

Emmitt is an azzhole..He is a local boy ...I could go on but I won't..Hope he loses this...But I was glad to see Pam go..she is more worried about keeping her youth and staying sexy than being a good dancer...The woman just has no rythym... giggle2.gif

Mistyeyed

she tries to act like shes a 15 yr old teenager..flicking her hair around all the time and rubbing all over her dance partner..shes pathetic..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview